c1

Will You Go Out With Me Later??

 

 Amu tapped her chin with her pen as she was driven into deep thoughts on what more should she include as an event in the school intramurals.

 

 See, she has been busy for three days now, thinking about the incoming school intramurals. She was doing this because the Sports Club president *cough* Takaki Yuya *cough* is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too responsible to do such an act so the task has fallen into the hands of the school’s Student Government president, Amu Kitagawa.

 

 “Amu-chan, don’t you think you should at least take a break?” Rio told her precious imoutto as the latter just began scribbling more onto her mini notebook.

 

 “Ne, Rio-chan, should we include soccer games in the intramurals?” Amu asked, obviously ignoring the other girl’s previous statement.

 

 “Why…YES OF COURSE!!!” Rio answered immediately and excitedly as if she had forgotten on persuading Amu to take a break. “RYO-CHAN WILL BE PARTICIPATING!!!” she volunteered her own boyfriend even though the guy wasn’t even there to agree or disagree.

 

~.~.~.~.~

 

 Minutes later, three familiar figures became visible to the two girls’ views as those people approached them.

 

 “I volunteer……FAI OGATA. For chess.” Kim said as she, Hanna, and Fai walked toward the two girls.

 

 “Stop trolling me, nee-chan.” Fai glared at Kim.

 

 “Did somebody say ‘chest’?” Yabu asked as he arrived together with Kei, Yuya, and Daiki. That’s Hey! Say! BEST for you everybody.

 

 Yabu’s statement just earned himself a light smack on the back of his head caused by Hanna. “Shut up .” She whispered to his ear.

 

 ~.~.~

 

 “Guess who~~~” somebody said as Rio felt a pair of hands cover her eyes.

 

 “Tss… PDA. IN OUR FACES.” Everyone except the strawberry couple said.

 

 “Minna…” Ryosuke pouted as he sat beside his girlfriend.

 

 ~.~.~

 

 "So Amu-chan, what are you doing?" Kim said as she sat beside the girl.

 

 "Uh..just...thinking on what events should I include on the intramurals." Amu answered.

 

 "Why leave her with this job?" Fai said as she whacked Yuya in the arm.

 

 "It's fine Fai-chan, he'll be the one to arrange the opening ceremonies so I have no complaints in doing this." Amu clicked her pen to scribble on her notebook once again.

 

 ~.~.~.~

 

 "Demo...Amu-chan,"  Daiki said as he excused his way to sit beside Amu. "You didn't forget about later, right?"

 

 "Ah, yes! Daiki has been rehearsing his lines for later and --mfmmmffff.. " Kei started to say but Daiki quickly stood up to grab his mouth.

 

 "Anou..." Amu said as she stood up and bowed, making everyone tilt their heads in confusion. " Gomen na, Dai-chan.. but I have things to do later." and after that, she raised he head up, bowed a bit quicker, said her goodbye, and left off...leaving everyone, especially Daiki, with a sad look on their faces.

 

 "Ma~~ I'm sure we'll be going out tomorrow.." Daiki said as he scratched the back of his head, just so to lift the atmosphere up. 

 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

(The next day...: dismissal time)

 

 Daiki made his way towards Amu in the crowded narrow hallway.

 

 "Amu-chan!" he yelled as he ran to catch up with her.

 

 "Dai-chan.." Amu said as she turned towards the direction of the guy who just called her name. "Nande??"

 

 "Can we go out now??"  Daiki asked as he took her hand.

 

 "Uh.. Gomen nasai.. Dai-chan.." Amu lowered her head.

 

 "Anou,..  no need to feel sorry. Ne? We'll just go out some other time, okay?" Daiki put a hand on Amu's shoulder as he felt somewhat guilty for making the girl feel sorry because of him.

 

 "Un." the girl nodded with a smile.

 

 ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

 " How about today??" Daiki asked.

 

"Sorry..." was her reply.

 

 Days went on like this and Daiki already felt somewhat tired because his girlfriend would always reject his invitation to go out with him.

 

 ~.~.~.~.~~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 "Today..." Daiki thought motivatedly. "I'm sure she'll go out with me." he then immediately grabbed the placard that he's worked on the whole night and headed to the school quadrangle.

~.~.~.~

 

 Amu walked past grinning students and she wondered what the heck is up with them. Some smiled at her and some even patted her shoulder or back and said "Wow." or "You're so lucky.". One girl even said "I wish have a boyfriend like yours."

 

 She continued walking in a confused state and then she saw him... there. In the middle of the school quadrangle, with less than five hundred pairs of eyes watching him, holding a placard that said: "HOW ABOUT TODAY?? WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME??"

 

 ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 

 "WILL YOU  GO OUT WITH ME TODAY, AMU-CHAN?!?" Daiki yelled on the top of his lungs as he grinned when he saw Amu approaching him. His voice ws shaky though, considering the fact that the entire school population is watching them. 

 

 Feeling impatient, he ran towards his girlfriend. "So...what's your answer?" he smiled as he asked, feeling utterly confident that he will get a YES as an answer from the girl.

 

 "Anou sa, Dai-chan...tomorrow's the opening of the intramurals and I have lots of things to do later and..." Amu took a shaky breath. "I'm sorry.. it's just that... I have to do my priorities first."

 

 "Oh. Is that so?" Daiki lowered his head, obviously disappointed.

 

 "Thank you for understa--" Amu started to say but just then, the guys spoke.

 

 "Sorry to myself...because I'm not a priority of yours." he said with an irritated tone. He then started to walk away.

 

 "Chotto, Dai-chan," Amu held his arm.

 

 The guy just slowly slipped his arm from the girl's grip and continued walking. "I'm not a priority, right? Now I understand why you don't give me that much attention."

 

                                             >>CHAPTER END<<