One

Bliss: Perfect Happiness

{ The Promise }

F l a s h b a c k

It was on the 24th of December. Me and my family went to the Kim Residence to celebrate Christmas. I don't why but whenever i'm at the Kim residence, i feel safe and happy. Probably because I always get to see my bestfriend, Jongin. He was the youngest in the Kim family. He had two older sisters, Kim Taeyeon & Kim Hyoyeon. They were a family of beautiful people. I just loved them all to bits.

Before going to the Kim residence, I brushed my long brunette hair for about a hundred times just to make sure that I look decent and nice. I picked out a pretty dress. Mom bought for me a few weeks ago. I was not used to wearing dresses, but in that moment, I felt like i just had to. I also wore my brand new beige oxfords.

"Hey come on hurry up! We're gonna be late for the Christmas dinner with the Kims." my brother, Taecyeon screamed while going downstairs.

"I'm coming!" I replied.

I immediately put on my shoes and ran downstairs. My Mom was holding a basket full of fruits while my Dad took out the roasted chicken from the oven. 

"Okay now we wouldn't wanna be late so chop! chop! Let's Go!"

Mom said as we all immediately went outside. Dad locked the doors just to make sure that no one could get in cause we'll probably be gone until tomorrow morning. A smiling Mrs. Kim welcomed us when we reached the Kim residence. Their house is just a few blocks away so walking to their house wasn't a big problem for us at all.

"Wow Mrs. Kim! Your house looks wonderful. It's full of... pretty christmas lights and decorations. I wish our house looked just like this. You deserve to win the Indiana's Best Christmas Decoration Award!" I said cheerfully.

"Well that's very sweet of you Nami darling. Come on let's go inside. Oh and by the way, Jongin's been waiting for you. You can find him at the backyard. He's been... doing a lot of thinking lately. He might need someone to talk to." 

Mrs. Kim winked at me and smiled. I replied with a grin on my face. I rushed to the backyard and looked for Jongin. 

{music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnPXVpgHEKk }

"Oh there you are!" I screamed and ran to Jongin. He was just lying on the grass. He didn't react nor even moved when I called out his name. He was just blankly staring at the sky... well, to the stars to be exact.

"Wow look at the stars. They're so beautiful. I wish I could just touch them. Feel their warmth." twelve year-old Jongin said to himself.

I didn't know what to say so I just lay beside him. 

"Why are you so fascinated by these kinds of things? They seem boring to me."

"Well I don't. I think stars were created just for me."

"Why did you say that?"

"It gives me happiness, serene joy.. you know.. bliss."

"You know what Jongin, when i get married someday... i'd like to go star gazing with him too. What you just said made me realize that, stars are pretty cool."

"I could stare at these babies all night."

"Jongin, can i ask you a question?" I said as i moved towards him and looked at him intently.

"What is it? Go... shoot!" 

"Have you met your star? I mean, i'm not talking about the stars in the sky... i'm talking about you know... a person. What i meant was, have you met the star of your life? The person who'd give you happiness, serene joy... bliss?" 

There was an awkward silence. I was about to change the topic since I felt like he wasn't gonna answer my question until...

"I don't think so. Well maybe. I guess. How about you? Have you already met your star?" 

Jongin looked at me with a curious look on his face. I couldn't help but stare at his beautiful brown eyes. In that moment, i just wanted to run my fingers through his gorgeous locks. My best friend is just so admirable. My heart was beating so fast, i didn't even know why. I could feel my cheeks heating up as my best friend was moving towards me.

He held his hand out to me, sticking his pinky finger out. I held up my hand, hooking my pinky with his. 

"Obviously, you're not yet ready to answer that question. So let's make a deal. After we graduate from college and if we haven't met our stars yet... let's be each others' star. You could be mine, and I could be yours."

"You mean---"

"I'm gonna marry you and you're gonna marry me! This is a promise!" Jongin said with a smile on his face.

I wasn't sure if he was serious, but I took it seriously.. like dead serious.

"Jonginnie, don't make promises you can't keep. And, aren't we too young for this?"

"That's why i said after college. A deal's a deal! A promise is a promise!" Jongin said as he stood up and ran back to their house. "It's time for some appetizing Roasted Chicken!!! Come on NamNam! Let's go!"

I hate it when he calls me NamNam but in that moment, i kinda felt happy that he did call me NamNam. I don't even know why. I could feel the butterfies swirling inside my stomach. Well I guess.. maybe, just maybe... i do have feelings for my best friend. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 

Author's Note: Sorry for a few grammatical & typographical errors. Hope you liked it! Leave a comment!