Change

In Between

I look like I just drowned, you said to yourself looking into the mirror. 
A moan escaped your mouth. It has been three days since the incident with the dead rat happened and you haven't slept much since then. Nightmares kept haunting you and you always woke up soaked in your own sweat and shivering. 
Did they really had to go this far as to put a dead rat inside my locker? 
You looked through the door, into your room, at your desk. In the one of the drawers laid the letter. You were shocked at how only five words could scare the hell out of you. 

I wish this was you. 

You stared down onto your hands. Till now such things as threatening letters, old chewing gums and dirt happened to find their way into your locker. Such things brought you down, surely. But this time was different. You've never been afraid that something might actually happen to you. 'Cause as long as they kept themeselves in the shadows, and wouldn't let you know who they were, they could go on behaving like this, they wouldn't let themselves get uncovered by you. 
But this felt different. It was like someone was telling you, something was going to happen. It was like someone said 'Get the hell out of here or your going to regret ever being born!'
No, that's wrong. They already got me to the point where I regret being born.
But the fact that the one who put the rat into your locker had to actually kill and touch it, made your day a little brighter. For a second you smirked, then your clock reminded you that it was time to get to the bus. Today a new student was going to come. 
Maybe he won't notice my presence and just ignore me. Hopefully.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

His dark eyes looked around an then fixing on the person he was looking for. She was making her way through the crowd of students and teachers. A smile made it's way onto his face. 
But it faded as fast as it came as he observed her a little longer. 
Something definitely has to change! He thought to himself as he noticed people around her avoiding even the slightest contact. 
The girl stopped in front of her locker. 
Suddenly she raised her head. Slowly turning her face to either her left and her right she glanced around and then looked straight into the eyes of the one watching her. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Something's wrong. 
At first sight everything seemed to be like every day. All the people around you tried to avoid you and just ignored you. 
But there was this feeling you couldn't let go of. It felt like someone was watching or even following you. 
You had realized it as soon as you got onto the bus. Also while going through the lonely street, you'd rather be alone then walk down the crowded street where everyone would stare at you in disgust, you noticed it and fear came up. But now you curiosity had taken over the fear. 
I can't think of anyone who is willing to look at me, You thought sarcastically. 
You arrived at your locker and took the chance to look around. 
You weren't used to face the other peoples expressions but you pulled yourself together.
WOW, I got totally unsociable. 
You even had to smile a little because of your self comment. Smiles seemed to keep appearing on your face lately. You hadn't had the slightest idea why. You hadn't smiled for almost three years now. This was new.

Your eyes continued to scamper over the various faces and then stuck at a pair of dark eyes, they nearly looked black.  
It was a new face, a male face, an very handsome male face.