The first chapter.

Speed Dating

 

“…and I like to play ba-ba-baseball,” the dark haired man stuttered as he nervously introduced himself.

Jessica tapped her fingers impatiently on the glass tabletop. “And I like someone with some confidence…” she muttered under her breath. The man avoided eye-contact with the Ice Princess, looking down at his shoes. Jessica sighed and began type a message on her phone.

To: Fany

“Fany! This is sooooo boring. There’s no one interesting in this speed dating event you sent me.”

 

From: Fany

“Patience, Sica. Why don’t you actually try talking to someone?”

 

To: Fany

“I am talking to people!”

 

From: Fany

“Without being rude, Sica!”

 

To: Fany

“No. I want to go home! NOW. >:I”

 

From: Fany

“Okay, Ice Princess. I’ll be there in 5 minutes. *pout”

 

Jessica heard the tiny bell ring, announcing the start of the last rotation. The man got up and bowed, “It was nice to meet you.”

 

Jessica watched as he walked to the other table. Her eyes trailed down to her phone once more when she heard a rather gentle voice call her name.

“Jessica-ssi?”

 

Looking up, her eyes made contact with a smoothly tanned face. She was tall and her long dark hair was neatly propped up into a bun. The girl smiled cutely and stretched her hand out,

“Hi! My name’s Yuri. Do you mind if I sit here?”

 

Jessica timidly shook her hand and nodded. Yuri set her bag down and placed her coffee cup on the table.  Somehow this person had melted the Ice Princess’ wall of ice. Jessica felt her heart beat fast and it was hard for her to concentrate. Her palms felt sweaty and she looked away from Yuri.

“Ohhhmygod. She’s so hot!” Jessica thought to herself. She slowly lifted her eyes and looked at Yuri.

 

The dark-haired girl slowly sipped her coffee and tried to calm down. “Okay, Yuri. Relax. Tell her about yourself, don’t look like an idiot. OMYGOD. She’s looking at me!! I feel like I’m gonna die.”

 

The two girls sat awkwardly, avoiding any eye contact.  Yuri crumpled up the napkin in her hand. She looked at the information card on the table.

“‘Name: Jung Jessica, Profession: Magazine Model’ I’m not surprised. This girl is such a beauty!”

 

Yuri cleared and caught Jessica’s attention.

“So. Jessica-ssi? You’re a model? How come I’ve never seen you before?” Yuri said, smiling.

 

Jessica smiled back and combed her blonde hair back. “I don’t know. Why? Did you want to see me?”

 

Yuri was taken aback by her remark, “I should have, considering what I do for a living.”

 

Yuri handed Jessica her information card. Jessica gladly took the card and examined it.

 

“Name: Kwon Yuri. Profession: Magazine Photographer.”

 

“So you’re a photographer?” Jessica asked.

 

Yuri smiled proudly and pointed to her camera bag which sat on the ground. Jessica smirked as an idea popped in her head. She leaned over the table

and looked at Yuri intently, beckoning the latter to do the same. Yuri gulped and leaned in. Jessica’s face hovered beside Yuri’s ear.

 

“Maybe you could come over one day and we can take some pictures,” Jessica seductively whispered.

Yuri’s heart felt as if it was going to beat out of her chest. She watched as Jessica slowly sat back down and scribbled something on her information card. She smoothly slid the card across the table while keeping eye contact with Yuri.

 

“I’ve got you now, Kwon Yuri.”

 

Yuri collected her thoughts and stopped herself from looking stupid in front of Jessica. She slid the card in her pocket, “I’d love to.”

 

A smile crept on Jessica’s face and her cheeks were blushed with a light shade of pink. Their eyes never left each other’s. Jessica was about to reach for Yuri’s hand when she felt a light tap on her shoulder.


“Sicaaaa~. C’mon let’s go home,” she heard Tiffany say and felt a pair of arms encircle her waist.

 

A hint of disappointment showed up on Yuri’s face as she began to collect her things. Yuri stood up from her seat and bowed, “I guess I’ll be going as well. It was nice meeting you, Jessica.”

She slung her bag over her shoulder and headed towards the door. Jessica broke away from Tiffany and ran after Yuri. She stepped out of the café and ran after Yuri.

“YURI!” she yelled, making the tanned girl turn to face her.

Jessica ran to Yuri and pulled her into a tight hug. She wrapped her arms around Yuri’s neck and buried her face in the crook of her neck. Yuri returned the hug and grabbed Jessica’s waist, pulling her closer. She looked down at blonde and smiled, “Why are you chasing after me?”

“Because I forgot to do something…”

She pulled Yuri’s face closer and captured her lips into a chaste kiss. It was simple yet breathtaking. Yuri smiled into the kiss, tightening the hug. They broke apart to catch some air. Their foreheads still touching, Jessica closed her eyes and enjoyed Yuri’s scent. Yuri blew on her nose, making the latter giggle.

Maybe speed dating isn’t so bad after all..

 

 


 

Hai! CaptainCasey here!

Uhhhm. I've been really busy lately but this idea popped into my head a couple nights ago and I couldn't get it out...

So I typed it up.

I made this early in the morning. It's unedited and probably dull.

But ehh. It's still YulSic! ;D

Btw,if you guys have time, please read my other FanFic : "Mysteries of Love".

That'd be awesome. (:

Sooooo. Until next time, CaptainCasey is out!