Monochrome

Monochrome

 

Hide. Put your phone on silent mode but check it often. Don’t get out without my message.

Kyuhyun states as he pats Junmyun at the shoulder. Kyuhyun really does act like a real brother now and Junmyun gladly opens his door for him. Kyuhyun gave them a set of things to do, where to hide, what to do, and a few more instructions before telling Junmyun that Kyuhyun will be the one facing his father to cover everything up.

“Will dad be alright seeing you together?” Junmyun asks seeing how Sungmin looks worried with what is about to happen.

“He will. He has no choice anyway. Also Junmyun, once I tell you to get out of this building, go straight home.” Kyuhyun says.

“Home?” Kyungsoo asks.

“Home, my home. Kyungsoo knows how to go there by train and bus. I’m keeping you both until dad accepts whatever is happening right now.” Kyuhyun says with a smile forming on his lips. In a snap, Junmyun hugs him tightly as a sign of gratitude and Kyungsoo and Sungmin just happily sighs at the view of a satisfied over protective Kyuhyun and Junmyun, happily accepting his brother.

“We do not have much time left. Just hide because I bet he will ask the faculty to search for you guys. You guys will be alright, trust me.” Kyuhyun states as he pats Junmyun cheeks and so Junmyun grabs Kyungsoo’s hand in his and drags the younger one down the hall.

Junmyun walks really fast and Kyungsoo is having a hard time keeping up from the speed. Kyungsoo then trips and Junmyun immediately attends to Kyungsoo asking if he can still walk or he needs to be carried at his back.

“That is so girly! I can walk,” Kyungsoo states and stands up quickly and grabs unto Junmyun’s arm.

They were able to step out of the building using the fire exit at the back of the Science building. There are huge trees and several different kinds of plants and bushes around. From medicinal plants to fruits and vegetables or even flowers, everything is there.

“Are we hiding here? My feet are starting to hurt already, hyung,” Kyungsoo states and Junmyun nods and helps Kyungsoo have a sit behind the trunk of the biggest tree at the corner of the lot. Junmyun takes a seat beside Kyungsoo and rests his head on his shoulder as he makes a deep sigh out of nuisance.

“Your dad is so good with hide and seek, have you noticed?” Kyungsoo states and Junmyun starts laughing. “Well at least I can still make you laugh. I love hearing you laugh.” Kyungsoo says and locks his arm with Junmyun’s.

“Hyung, are you getting tired? Tired of all these?” Kyungsoo asks but Junmyun just holds Kyungsoo’s hand tighter.

“As long as you will never let go of my hand, I will never let go of yours, Kyungsoo. We’re in this from the very start; you won’t leave me hanging in the end right? We promised we will be together until forever, right?” Junmyun says lifting is head to look at Kyungsoo straight in the eyes.

“Yes. Until forever, hyung.” Kyungsoo replies as he holds unto Junmyun as he moves closer and closer and rests his head on the elder’s shoulder. “So what are we going to do now?” Kyungsoo asks.

“We need to wait an hour or two, when we are sure no one is around anymore; I’m taking you home where no one can hurt you.” Junmyun says. “Now all you have to do is to stop worrying and keep quiet. They might hear and see us.” He adds.

“Thank you, Junmyun hyung.” Kyungsoo whispers and gave Junmyun a kiss on the cheek as he closes his eyes.

“Hey Kyungsoo why are you smiling while sleeping?” Junmyun asks after a few minutes of silence while giggling from the sight of Kyungsoo beside him grinning like a little child.

“One, I’m not sleeping yet and two, I’m lucky to have you.” Kyungsoo replies as he hols Junmyun’s hand as tight as he could. “You’re mine.” He adds even before Junmyun could give a decent reply.

“How cheesy. You are so cute.” Junmyun says while giving the boy beside him a smile that can melt a million hearts.

--

 

Kyuhyun sees his father at the lobby of the university with one of the school administrators according to Sungmin. They mutely walks towards their direction and right before Kyuhyun starts dropping a word, Jinmyun notices him and excuses himself from the conversation he is currently having with the said professor.

Kyuhyun tells Sungmin to stay where they are standing as he approach his father. Kyuhyun doesn't want Sungmin to hear hurtful statements just like the last time they met.

"Where is Junmyun?" Jinmyun asks at once but Kyuhyun jut smiles and shakes his head.

"I don't know. He left."

"What do you mean he left?"

"He saw you coming, so he left. Are you proud of yourself that you're pushing him away?"

"Look, I have no time for this. Just tell me where he went."

"I do not have an idea where he went. I do not have the right to make him my puppet to know everything he does, everywhere he goes and whoever he is with. So do you."

"But I'm his father!"

"But he has his own life to live. He's 21 so he's considered as independent now."

"No. Not until he becomes successful."

"So success still values more than happiness for you? Same old story then. That's why you never feel happy yourself. Try stepping out from your shell too, dad."

"Kyuhyun, you haven't proven anything yet in your life to start lecturing me about how to live."

"You do not live. You do not know how life works. Work, money, fame. Anyone can achieve those if only a person works hard enough. Happiness, love and a fulfilling life, you need that in order for you to live, dad. You're not always right, sometimes you make mistakes too and not until you accept that fact, you cannot escape from your pitiful life."

"Shut up, Kyuhyun. You know nothing aside from running away from responsibilities. You only think about yourself. You're selfish."

"You are the one running from the responsibility of being my father. You quit being one simply because I do not want to do what you expect me to do. You are the one only thinking about yourself, dad. You are the selfish one! Learn what you preach."

"You and Junmyun are ungrateful."

"No. We know what you did for both of us and we are both thankful for that. Not because we do not want to obey your rules mean we are ungrateful. We just want to grow, give us space and all we want is for you to understand our life choices. We get older every day, we make mistakes and from that we learn. Junmyun is one great man and only if you let him be himself, the person he wants himself to be, he will be the best, way better than the person who you want him to be."

Jinmyun suddenly stops and just stares at Kyuhyun who is now shedding tears. The professors left the area after realizing the situation and Sungmin is just standing a few feet away from them.

"I'll be home tomorrow night. I'm expecting you would come and kindly bring Junmyun with you. We need to talk." Jinmyun states and turns his back from Kyuhyun as he walks away.

Sungmin approaches Kyuhyun and hugs him as tight as he can and Kyuhyun just let himself shed tears. Tears of pain and anger are flowing down Kyuhyun's cheek as he let himself rest his body on Sungmin. After a few minutes of silence, Kyuhyun breaks the contact and sighs deeply as soon as Sungmin smiles a him.

"Feeling better now?" Sungmin asks.

"A lot better."

"I knew you wanted to let that out for a long period of time now."

"He deserves to know what I feel. I knew he was willing to listen so I took that opportunity. Anyway, did you send the kids a message once I got dad earlier? Were they able to leave the campus?"

"Yeah. Junmyun sent a message like 10 minutes ago that they're on the bus already. Let's go home, they're most probably hungry."

"Kyungsoo cooks, remember? Anyway send Junmyun a message and ask Kyungsoo cook for us and that we are on our way home."

--

That night, Sungmin and Kyungsoo stay on the bed while Junmyun and Kyuhyun prepare a mat on the floor where they can share a place to sleep. Kyuhyun said they can sleep outside the room since it's too small for four people, but Kyungsoo said he doesn't want to be apart from Junmyun.

"We cannot fit in this tiny square. Kyungsoo, just let us sleep outside." Kyuhyun says and Junmyun starts laughing at how immature Kyungsoo looks as he shakes his head holding Junmyun's hand.

"I'll just share the mat outside with Junmyun hyung then. You old people stay here."

"Old?" Sungmin whines.

"Kidding! But anyway we're sleeping outside! Let's go hyung!" Kyungsoo states as he grabs his pillow and a single sheet for them to share.

Stolen kisses. Backhugs. It is surely something they missed. Junmyun grabs Kyungsoo by the waist and pulls him closer to his chest and Kyungsoo happily obliges. Junmyun starts placing kisses on Kyungsoo's back, to his shoulder blade until his lips reaches Kyungsoo's nape as he whispers soft confessions of I love you, I can’t live without you, I'll fight for you and we will get through this together.

"Hyung, I'm really sleepy so can you save your naughty thoughts and touches for tomorrow? I'll make it up to you."

"Just give me a kiss. Just the way I wanted it."

Kyungsoo chuckles as he turns his back and captures Junmyun's lips in between his. Their kisses are full of promises and Junmyun just don't want that moment to stop. Kyungsoo's soft moans as Junmyun roams his hands at Kyungsoo's back makes things awkward after.

"Oops!" Kyuhyun states while standing at the foot of the bed room. "I'll just go grab a glass of milk since I can't sleep. Can I?" Kyuhyun teases and Kyungsoo hides under their shared blanket and Junmyun starts laughing really loud.

"You may proceed. I'm sorry again, boys." Kyuhyun says before shutting the door behind him. But after a few seconds, he steps out again, "Not too loud guys, old people needs proper rest," Kyuhyun teases and Junmyun crumples a paper and throws it at Kyuhyun as he shouts, "Hyung I hate you!"

--

 

Junmyun is standing outside the doorstep waiting for Kyuhyun when Kyungsoo opens the door and joins him. Kyungsoo just stands beside him and gives Junmyun a comforting smile.

"Kyuhyun hyung will take care of you so you do not need to worry. He promised me he will come home later with you. You have to promise me that you will come back to me too."

"I will, and I will be back with everything set. We cannot just hide and run away for the rest of our lives. You deserve a life better than this, Kyungsoo. I'll give you that."

"Hyung, I'll wait. Don't worry, even if it takes you forever to fight for me, I will wait for you until the end. Okay this is too cheesy but I really love you and I hope when you get back later, we can live peacefully already. Remember, he is still your father and it is your responsibility to respect him. Do not forget to be grateful."

"I won't forget, don't worry."

Kyuhyun then appears right behind them and says they have to leave. It is getting darker and their father said they have to be there by 7:30. Kyungsoo gives a goodbye kiss and a soft pat on Junmyun's cheek assuring him that everything will be alright. Kyuhyun promised that they will be back with a smile, and Sungmin nods and gives both Kyuhyun and Junmyun a comforting hug.

--

It is already half past eleven in the evening and yet there are still no messages from Junmyun and Kyuhyun. Kyungsoo sits by the window checking the gate every minute and Sungmin just casually laughs at the younger.

"Hey Kyungsoo, can you sit still? They will be back, don't worry."

"What if Kyuhyun hyung comes home alone without my Junmyun hyung?"

"Well without Junmyun, Kyuhyun won't come home either. I heard them talking about how much they are in this together. I'm glad."

"Glad?"

"Glad that they're comfortable with each other. That they are no longer strangers, that both of them treats the other as a brother. Kyuhyun really wants this to happen, to be Junmyun's older brother."

"Well I'm glad Junmyun hyung opened his doors for Kyuhyun hyung. He's not that easy type of a person."

"Obv--"

"We're home!" Junmyun exclaims as he happily opensthe door widely. Junmyun hurriedly approaches Kyungsoo as he kissed Kyungsoo's forehead and teasingly caresses his face.

"Aren't you glad I'm home?" Junmyun asks and takes a sit beside Kyungsoo who is half curious and half amazed about the current situation.

"Hyung, what happened? What did your father told you?" Kyungsoo asks with a pout, worried that Junmyun will give him the answer he doesn't want to hear.

"Dad wants to see you, Kyungsoo."

"What?"

"I'll be there, don't worry. Just, be honest and be yourself."

"Wait! When? Why? Just--"

"Everything will be fine, Kyungsoo. We'll go there tomorrow. I won't leave you."

"I'm scared! Hyung what did you do why does he want to see me?”

"Just prove to him you deserve me."

"Eh?" Kyungsoo wonders and tilts his head.

"I'm hungry. Feed me." Junmyun says and grabs Kyungsoo's hand and drags him to the kitchen.

Kyuhyun just smiles and Sungmin replies with one too. They know everything will fall into its proper place soon, they've been there.

"Looks like I need to cook a lot of food for tomorrow." Sungmin teases.

"That is if they will go back here tomorrow." Kyuhyun says.

"We will get back here of course. This is our new home. Right, Junmyun hyung?" Kyungsoo replies.

"Of course, a new home with a new family." Junmyun smiles at Kyungsoo and Sungmin but when his eyes lands on Kyuhyun, his smile is different.

"I'm really glad I have a brother like you, Kyuhyun hyung." Junmyun states.

"I've been wanting to hear that." Kyuhyun replies.

That night is indeed one of the happiest days of their lives. Kyungsoo is still confused about what happened, curious to what might happen, but he takes that opportunity to admire how beautiful Junmyun looks without worries disturbing him. Junmyun on the other hand is enjoying the company of the elders, especially his brother and loving the feeling of Kyungsoo just right there, feeling safe that his world is right there with him.

"By the way Kyungsoo, I accidentally read a message on your phone earlier. From this Baekhyun friend of yours." Sungmin says.

"What about the message, hyung?" Kyungsoo asks.

"He said something like Chanyeol and I were caught making out by his mother since I slept at their house yesterday oh my god what to do~"

"What?" Kyungsoo and Junmyun exclaim in unison and Kyuhyun just laughs really loud since here comes another problem after a solved one.

 

 

--

I'm excited for the comebaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!! <3