Monochrome

Monochrome

 

Junmyun and Chanyeol are sitting together at the backmost seat of the car on their way back to the city. Junmyun is quiet and not saying a single word to his best friend who is sitting right beside him. Junmyun has several thoughts running in his head, first is how they got caught again by Chanyeol and Baekhyun, second is the fact that they have to live separately for a month vacation before college starts and third, Kyuhyun.

Baekhyun has his earphones on and Kyungsoo's head is leaning on his shoulder, sleeping.

"Hyung, talk to me?" Chanyeol said as he starts poking Junmyun's thigh.

"Sorry I'm just bothered about some stuff. What's up?"

"What happened last night?"

"The , Chanyeol? Is this the only thing you want to know? Aren't you going to ask me what's bothering me or at least care that I look upset?"

"I'm not sure if you're going to tell me those so I dropped it. Anyway, answer my question. What happened between you and Kyungsoo last night? You have lots of marks all ov--"

"God damn it Chanyeol keep your voice down will you?"

"Oops! So tell me ~"

"Have I ever ask you during those days that I also caught you having marks on your neck almost every time you and Baekhyun make out?"

"Hyung shut up oh my god keep quiet! Baekhyun might hear you."

"You started it."

"I'm just curious because this case is different. You're tired and you look sleepless and the most important detail, of course is that you were shirtless."

"Hey listen carefully you dumb, Kyungsoo and I didn't do something below the belt, if you get what I mean."

"Oh man I lost the bet!" Chanyeol snaps and Baekhyun starts laughing and a confused Kyungsoo looks back to where Junmyun and Chanyeol are seated and a blank expression on Junmyun's face surfaces.

"What bet?" Kyungsoo asks, squinting at the cracking up Baekhyun beside him.

"Don't take this seriously guys." Baekhyun said and continues, "When we caught Junmyun hyung earlier, as soon as we were back to the room we made a bet. Chanyeol said something already happened but I told him I don't think you guys did it already."

Chanyeol pouts and since he lost the bet, he has to buy Baekhyun a box of his favorite ice cream cake from their favorite cafe.

"If only you guys are not our friends, I already gave you individual punches on your faces." Junmyun pushes Chanyeol towards Baekhyun, asking Chanyeol and Kyungsoo to change seats.

"Kyungsoo stay beside me." Junmyun said and takes Kyungsoo's hand as he shifts places with Chanyeol from a moving vehicle.

"We're going to make more bets on you guys. It's fun, you know." Baekhyun teases and Kyungsoo smacks him afterwards.

"You do not want me to expose your dirty little secrets right, baby Byun?" Kyungsoo asks and Baekhyun is staring blankly at Kyungsoo.

"I do n-not have a-any?" Baekhyun mumbles.

"Oh come on. You and your fanboy dreams of doing things with the oh so popular team captain of the basketball team? Those secrets that you actually dream about Chanyeol pinning you do--"

" you Do Kyungsoo."

"Thank you, but no thanks my pink princess Byun Baekhyun."

"Kyungsoo shut up!"

"You guys started it!"

"I'll stop now so you better shut your trap."

"Alright!" Kyungsoo said and winks at Baekhyun that left Baekhyun frustrated because Chanyeol is teasing him and Junmyun is laughing so hard.

--

The first week of vacation passed by slowly for Junmyun. He spends the entire day sending random messages and pictures to Kyungsoo as he sits on his bed, home alone.

Hyung, do you want me to come over? ♥

Do you want to? 

I want to spend time with you. 
ㅠㅠㅠ It has been a week since the trip and I miss you so much. ㅠㅠㅠ

Can I just come over to your place, Kyungsoo? Besides, mom and dad are out until next week. \o/

But we can do more things at the city. We can go to the mall and spend time at the park. We can also stay in your house like what we do last year. Movies and unlimited food! ^___^

I feel better when I'm with you and your family. I want to spend time with your parents, Kyungsoo. 

Oh, if that's the case then alright. n__nv I'll tell mom and dad you're staying for a week. When are you coming over?

Tomorrow morning. 

Deal! I miss you, hyung!!!!1

I miss you too, baby~^^

Just a few exchange of messages and it feel like Junmyun is complete again. He never fails to send Kyungsoo a picture of his breakfast, lunch and dinner and Kyungsoo willdo the same. Kyungsoo once sent him a picture of himself watering the plants, one picture is with Baekhyun and they are doing the laundry together.

Junmyun suddenly thought that Kyungsoo really brought color to his monochromatic life. Before he met Kyungsoo he's sure that his life is only composed of mostly black and white days; boring, dull and lifeless. His life might be perfect in the eyes of the majority, but he knows himself more than anyone and he is sure his life is not something to be jealous of.

He is lying on his bed feeling cold, wishing that night to fly faster in order for him to be in Kyungsoo's arms in a matter of few hours. He closed his eyes, thinking what if he didn't let Kyungsoo destroy the walls he's been protecting for the rest of his life? What if he just let those walls get stronger? Most probably his life is as dull as it already was a year ago, or maybe even worse.

A message appears on his phone screen and a small photo preview appears. He unlocks and smile as he sees a photo of Kyungsoo on his bed, with a small dog plushie wrapped in his arms.

I wish you are this plushie right now. I just want to squish you and wrap you in my arms until you fall asleep. But tomorrow will be a good day for us, right? I'll see you tomorrow morning, hyung. Good night! I love you ♥~♥ 

Junmyun smiles and starts typing when a new message pops at the middle of the screen.

So much ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Junmyun grins and sighs as he starts typing a reply. He stops and giggles before pressing the send button.

Baby Kyung~ thank you for making me happy. I'll take care of you for the rest of our lives I promise. See you tomorrow, baby. I love you. I love you so much. Can't wait to see you~ :-* ♥♥♥

So a kiss emoticon is that necessary, uh?

Yes it is. Now Kyungsoo I can feel you smiling while reading this so stop teasing me. Go sleep. I love you. Good night!

You're getting a lot of kisses from me tomorrow then. Good night, love!

--

Kyungsoo wakes up with a ray of sun shining on his face. He takes his phone on his bedside table to check the time.

8:09. He smiles and rolls on the bed as he stretches his arms with little squeaking sounds coming from his mouth. As he sits with his feet hanging at edge of the bed, he can hear his mother laughing and talking to someone at outside his room.

"Dad didn't go to work?" He scratches his head and rubs his eyes as he yawns. He put on his slippers and walks towards the door. Before pulling the knob, he stops realizing it's not his father outside.

Junmyun hyung.

Kyungsoo opens the door and sees his mother and Junmyun at their kitchen preparing breakfast.

"You're up!" Minyoung said with a ladle on her hand. "Your friend has been waiting for you for an hour now." She said and points at Junmyun who's smiling at him. Junmyun has Kyungsoo's apron on, preparing their table.

Kyungsoo didn't even bother thinking how will her mother react with his next action. Kyungsoo managed to fly at the other corner of the room and he is now wrapped in Junmyun's arms.

"Well you two missed each other this much, I see." Kyungsoo's mother said as she continues mixing the vegetables and noodles on the bowl.

"I miss you." Kyungsoo whispers as silent as he could, loud enough for Junmyun to hear.

"Me too, baby." Junmyun replies as he glances at Kyungsoo's mother and when he sees her back is facing them, he hurriedly cups Kyungsoo's face and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

--

Afternoon comes and Kyungsoo and Junmyun together with Baekhyun are at the backyard cutting several colorful pieces of paper to be sold by Kyungsoo’s mother. There is a medium sized wooden table at the middle of their small garden with only two chairs at the side. Junmyun and Baekhyun takes the available seats while Kyungsoo is sitting on the edge of the table itself, at the side of Junmyun.

“Seriously, why is this thing so hard to do.” Junmyun whines as he rests his head on Kyungsoo’s thigh. “My eyes hurt. I give up!” Junmyun said with a pout and lifts his head to look up at Kyungsoo.

“No. You started that, you have to finish doing it.” Kyungsoo said raising his eyebrow. “Also, don’t pout at me like that unless you want me to punch your face.”

“How rude. Can I have break then?”

“No!” Baekhyun and Kyungsoo simultaneously said and since Junmyun is defeated, he takes the pair of scissors and starts cutting again.

Baekhyun takes photos using his ipad and sends them to Chanyeol Chanyeol, on the other hand keeps on spamming their phones with sad emoticons hoping he’s there with them. “Chanyeol sent me a photo!” Baekhyun exclaims and starts laughing before showing it to Junmyun and Kyungsoo. Chanyeol is alone on a couch, with a blanket over him and has an eye mask with a crying emoticon design on it.

“I even asked our maid to take a photo of me. I hate you all! I’m going to take a nap. Bye!”

Junmyun shakes his head. He knows how childish Chanyeol gets when he’s upset especially if he cannot get what he wants. Chanyeol on the other hand sends a message at him and without even telling Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, he opens the message.

“Don’t tell. I’m going there tomorrow. I asked permission already hahaha see you hyung!”

It is already four in the afternoon and the four of them is still outside, talking about schools and the universities they are going to attend.

“What if people won’t like me?” Kyungsoo asks.

“Aren’t we used to that?” Baekhyun replies and starts laughing.

“Well—“ Kyungsoo stops and looks at Junmyun who is staring at him. “What do are you looking at?” Kyungsoo asks. Even before Junmyun manages to reply, Baekhyun excused himself because his mother asks for help in cleaning their house.

“Your mom talked to me.”

“About?”

“Us.”

“Hyung? What do you mean us? Like literally us? Or us you mean friends or—“

“She knows, Kyungsoo.”

“What the ? Hyung stop playing games with me.”

“I’m not, Kyungsoo. She told me earlier she knows we’re together.”

“So what did you tell her?”

“That she doesn’t need to worry because I will take good care of you. Oh, and she said she will only allow you to room with me when classes in the university starts. Kyungsoo you have no idea how happy I am right now.”

“Hyung hold on. She didn’t get mad? Maybe disappointed or upset with me because we are ina relationship?”

“Okay hold on. Let me tell you how everything happened.”

--

“Good morning aunt Minyoung!” Junmyun greeted when Kyungsoo’s mother opened the door for him. Minyoung smiles widely and pats Junmyun’s head as he greets him. “I hope I’m not too early?” Junmyun said.

“No, I’m up since 5 in the morning. I’m actually glad you’re here early since I also have something to tell you.” Minyoung opened the door and asks Junmyun to have a seat. She gave him warm milk and sits at the vacant seat beside Junmyun.

“I hope this won’t scare you, Junmyun. But I know my son too well that I know if he’s keeping secrets from me.”

“Aunt Minyoung, I can—“

“Listen first. I know you are in a relationship. By the way Kyungsoo moves his eyes when you’re around, by the way he smiles if you’re near him, I know he likes you. I know when he’s into someone so I know you’re together.”

“Aunt Minyoung, I seriously have no idea what to tell you right now aside from assuring you that I love your son and I promise I won’t hurt him.”

“I can see that. All relationships start from all wonderful and good times. But you know at one point, something or someone will try to test you right?”

“We know that. Kyungsoo and I managed to talk about that too.”

“I want my son to be happy and to be loved. And I can see that you are the one causing his happiness and the person who can give him the amount of love and affection he deserves. I won’t be a hindrance, but I just want you to promise me one thing.”

“I will do my best to do it, aunt Minyoung. What is it?”

“Love him and only him. If you’re not willing to fight for him until the very end that will eventually break his heart, just return him to me. Don’t leave him alone. He doesn’t deserve that.”

“Aunt Minyoung, I promise I will never let anything or anyone to take him away from me. I promise I will love him and only him. I promise.”

--

“I can’t believe she knows.” Kyungsoo states while brushing Junmyun’s cheek using the back of his palm. Kyungsoo is still seated at the table with Junmyun looking up at him. Kyungsoo removes the strands of hair covering Junmyun’s eyes and lovingly staring at Junmyun.

Junmyun stands up and moves closer to Kyungsoo, standing in between Kyungsoo’s legs and resting both his hands on Kyungsoo’s hips.

“I’m really happy I was able to meet you, Kyungsoo.”

“I’m lucky to have you, hyung. Seriously, I did not even ask for a perfect person to love me. Before, all I wanted is someone who will accept me for being the loser Kyungsoo that no one sees in school. Maybe I was a great person in my past life to have you loving me right now.”

“You’re cute confessing to me like this.”

“I love you, Junmyun hyung.”

“Aww baby that’s cute.”

“Hyung I said I love you.”

“I said that’s cute.”

“Hyung! You’re supposed to say you love me too!”

“I love you, Kyungsoo. So, can I have a kiss?”

“Just one short kiss okay?”

“Alright.”

Junmyun moves closer with Kyungsoo’s arms resting on his shoulders. Kyungsoo shyly smiles at Junmyun who is smirking at him. “No don’t do that, you flirt.” Kyungsoo mumbles and Junmyun just giggles as he bites his lower lip before pressing his lips on Kyungsoo. It’s just a short, intimate kiss full of love. Once their lips separated, Junmyun rest his head on Kyungsoo’s right shoulder and Kyungsoo just leans on Junmyun’s head after. Junmyun’s arms are wrapped around Kyungsoo’s waist and Kyungsoo just calmly rubs Junmyun’s back using his left hand and his right hand on Junmyun’s head.

Someone from the back door clears and Kyungsoo jumps on his seat. Minyoung is standing at the door with an awkward smile on his face, a tray on her hands with a jar of cookies and two glasses of chocolate drink on it.

“I’ll just leave this here.” Minyoung said and placed the tray at the small counter near the back door. “Uh, right. I’ll go ahead.” Minyoung turns around but before stepping into the house, she looks back and said.

“I think I need to set rules to follow with rule number one as no intimate touching in public.”  Minyoung said while grinning. Kyungsoo knows that her mom is just teasing and Kyungsoo can’t help but feel shy and embarrassed.

“Mom!” Kyungsoo exclaims as a response and Minyoung just laughs and heads inside their house.