Monochrome

Monochrome

 

The next morning, Baekhyun keeps on scratching the zipper of Junmyun and Kyungsoo’ shared tent. “Hyung! Wake up!” Chanyeol adds to the noise Baekhyun is producing. It is almost sunrise when Baekhyun and Chanyeol woke up. It is Junmyun’s task to monitor all the members of the club and to make sure everyone is ready by 8. “Hyung! Kyungsoo! It’s already 7 so please get up!!” Baekhyun said while shaking the entire tent in frustration.

“Holy !” Junmyun exclaims as he takes a sit and looks at Kyungsoo who is still half asleep. “Baby, get up! , it is already 7! We are supposed to get up by 5:30 remember?” Junmyun said eagerly but calmy rubbing Kyungsoo's cheek with the back of his palm.

"Hyung, I'm still sleepy! Can we just go back to sleep? Tell those noisy idiots that we will be late and that Chanyeol can take over your place first. Please?" Kyungsoo pleads.

"No we cannot, Kyungsoo. Now get up! Do not be such a lazy and get up." Junmyun said as he pulls Kyungsoo by the arm and when Kyungsoo's finally sitting, he pouted and closed his eyes again.

"Love please? We need to get out!"

"But hyung! We only had 3 hours of sleep!"

"And that's entirely your fault, Kyungsoo!"

"Well I challenged you so I cannot just lose!"

"Well.. your kisses are addicting, not even gonna lie about that. But last night I can feel you stealing kisses from me while I'm trying to sleep!"

"That's why I won the deal! The consequences to follow, alright?"

"You won because I want you to win. You are such a girl that I know you won't like doing consequences."

"Excuse me? What did you just say? Me? A girl?"

"Yes you are, my baby love."

"Shush hyung please. Fine I'm getting ready so shut up already."

"Where's my good morning kiss, Kyungsoo?"

Kyungsoo kissed Junmyun on both cheeks and starts fixing the sheet they used and they can hear Baekhyun whining over Chanyeol outside their tent.

"Kyungsoo! Get out now please? This giant is getting annoying and I can punch his face any time now. Hyung! the the tent now!" Baekhyun exclaims.

After ping the tent, Baekhyun and Chanyeol takes a peek inside the tent. Junmyun is busy sending a text message to his parents while Kyungsoo is just staring at them.

"You guys are so loud. What do you want?" Kyungsoo curiously asks.

"Loud? Well I do not know if you guys heard the loud noises last night but I'm pretty sure it was coming from a nearby tent." Baekhyun said sarcastically that results Chanyeol from laughing out loud.

"Well it's not our fault that your ears can hear such weird noises. We haven't heard anything last night." Junmyun replied and smils at Kyungsoo. "Right, Kyungsoo?" He asks and the younger boy just giggled and nodded.

"Wow I cannot believe you guys are turning deaf. But you know what, the noises last night sounds like your giggles, Do Kyungsoo." Baekhyun said putting an emphasis on Kyungsoo's name while staring at his best friend waiting for a reply.

"Oh really? That sounds cute." Kyungsoo replied and Chanyeol ends up laughing uncontrollably on the grass.

"I give up!" Baekhyun said and smacks Chanyeol, "Chanyeol can you tell your friends here that they were loud last night?" Baekhyun stats and the three of them starts laughing.

"But really you guys, what are you doing last night? You guys are like a couple who wakes up late in the morning linked in each other's arms and.." Chanyeol stopped and Baekhyun said "Go on~" but Chanyeol smiled before finishinh his sentence. "and like a couple who did things the night before."

Kyungsoo starts blushing and just laughs at how awkward their situation is. Junmyun looks at Kyungsoo since it seems like Kyungsoo cannot answer for them or even defend themselves.

"We did things last night and it's none of your business if that’s what you wanna hear." Junmyun stated that made Kyungsoo laugh hard for the first time. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are in the state of shock with Chanyeol's eyes round and wide and Baekhyun's mouth is left open.

"If you are thinking of something wild and dirty, drop it. We didn't do those things. But just like what hyung said, it's none of your business. Well Baekhyun, I never asked you about the things you do with Chanyeol right? Even though I've heard you guys not once but twice or maybe thrice? Why are you guys so interested in ours?" Kyungsoo said that left Baekhyun speechless.

"Anyway let's go! I need to go check the members." Junmyun said and took the small bag beside him with his left hand and took Kyungsoo's hand using his right hand.

--

The activities for that day includes games after lunch and right after the students can go swim at the nearby river. At night, they are going to build a bonfire and will have dinner with the rest of the club.

Mr. Kim instructs the students that they are free to do anything they want until lunch time because he is preparing the game for the students. Chanyeol and Junmyun volunteers to help him which means the four of them, including Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are exempted from the game.

"We need to hide this treasure box somewhere far. Ever watched the amazing race?" Mr. Kim asked them and Junmyun and Chanyeol nodded. "Well these two looks like they have no idea at all." Mr. Kim points at Kyungsoo and Baekhyun who have such blank curious faces.

"Mr. Kim, are we also going to spread these flags all over the place?" Chanyeol said holding the yellow, red and blue flags given to him a few minutes ago.

"And these notes go with the flags?" Junmyun added showing their teacher the materials handed to them.

"Each flag has a clue, those notes you're referring to. Some of the papers are blank so they have to look for another flag. Anyway I'll gve the instructions to the students later. All you have to do is to hang those flags along with the clues anywhere but don't go beyond the riverside. That's not our place anymore. Clear?" Mr. Kim said and the four of them agrees. "I'll go somewhere far to hide this treasure box. The team to find this treasure box gets a reward during dinner time." The teacher added.

"But sir, what's the reward? Good food? Can we have a reward too?" Baekhyun said and Mr. Kim replied that the four of them will have special dinner too. "Okay now I can't wait for dinner!" Baekhyun exclaimed before leading the boys to start their mission.

--

The game is over around one in the afternoon with Jongin and Jongdae's team winning. Jongin looks so proud of himself for being the one finding the treasure box and everyone seems happy for him as well except for a certain someone who is eyeing him.

"That Jongin has so much luck today. What the ." Junmyun said glaring at Jongin who is stealing glances at Kyungsoo. "God damn it! Can he stop looking at you?" Junmyun stated and took Kyungsoo's hand in his, he holds him tigther to get Kyungsoo's attention and for Jongin to see.

"Hyung, how many times do I have to tell you that you do not have to worry about the kid? Stop getting jealous. Maybe the kid just wants to be friends with us."

"Kyungsoo can you hear yourself? With us or with you alone?"

"Hyung, I said stop it!"

"He's stealing glances! You are for my eyes only, Kyungsoo!"

"Well you do not expect people to go blind don't you?"

"He looks at you with so much desire, Kyungsoo. I want to poke him in the eye."

"How mature, Junmyun hyung. So what do you want me to do now? Do you want me to kiss you in front of him so that he would know I'm all yours?"

"That sounds nice."

"Drop it. I can't do that, oh my god!"

"Then stop suggesting things you know you can't do. Just stay away from the kid and stick with me okay?"

"You and your jealous vibes~"

"Seriously? You're hurting me and yet you like it?"

"I'm not hurting you, sir. You are the one hurting yourself with your insecurities. For the nth time now hyung, how many times do I have to tell you not to worry because I am all yours?"

"I just love you so much that I do not want to share."

"No sharing is happening! Well let me tell you, I feel the same way. Stay away from Jongdae then!"

"Jongdae? What does he have to do with this issue?"

"If you think that Jongin likes me, I think Jongdae likes you."

"That's nonsense! Jongdae and I are good friends!"

"I don't care what you think but I'm just telling you what I feel. It's up to you what to do now. But I just want you to know that you are mine and I would ing flip this mountain if that Jondgae tries to take you away from me. Now can we stop arguing because I'm getting upset."

"I'm sorry, Kyungsoo."

"No need to apologize. I just.. I love you, hyung."

"Oh."

"What do you mean oh? Is oh the new reply to I love you? Since when? Tell me!"

"How sensitive! I was shocked okay."

"Well I said I love you."

"I love you more, Do Kyungsoo."

"Nope. I love you the most, Kim Junmyun. Now don't bother replying. Let's go get our food. I'm hungry!"

--

The students are gathered at the nearby river when Mr. Kim gave them permission and a go signal that they can play in the water until before dinner.

"Chanyeol have you seen Kyungsoo and Junmyun hyung?" Baekhyun asked since he cannot see any sign of the two around.

"I saw them earlier before we head down here. Maybe they are on their way."

"Oh now I remember. I don't think they're going down here, Yeol."

"Why though?"

"Kyungsoo is afraid of flowing water. I mean he's fine in a pool, but not outdoors."

"What? But why?"

"To cut the long story short, he nearly drowned when we were kids. From that day, he hates playing with me on the small ponds at our hometown and even on the beach. He hates it."

"Oh okay. But look who's here." Chanyeol replied and points at Junmyun dragging Kyungsoo with him. Baekhyun stood up and went to his friends to ask if Junmyun knows the story.

"I know. But Kyungsoo said he wants to overcome his fears with me. This included." Junmyun said and gives Baekhyun a comforting tap on the shoulder. "I won't do anything to hurt him, Baek. You should know that by now."

"I know and I trust you hyung. I'm just curious. So let's go?" Baekhyun said and took Kyungsoo's hand. "I'm still allowed to take your hand right?" Baekhyun asked staring at Kyungsoo and shifting his attention to Junmyun after Kyungsoo makes a worried face.

"You are the only exception, Baekhyun." Junmyun said and nodded.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were playing and splashing water on each other when Junmyun takes a sit beside Kyungsoo. They're just sitting at the big rock with their feet soaked in water.

"Kyungsoo! Hyung! Let's go!" Chanyeol said waving his arms at his friends.

Junmyun looked at Kyungsoo who is obviously forcing a smile. "I don't think I can." Kyungsoo said and looks at the boy beside him.

"I won't force you, Kyungsoo. But I just want you to know that I'm here for you. I will never let go of your hand. Let's try?"

"Hyung, what if I get drowned for real this time?"

"It's not too deep, Kyungsoo. Also, I told you I won't let go of you. All you have to do is to trust me."

"O--okay." Kyungsoo said and took Junmyun's extended hand.

From a far, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are watching their friends who are slowly moving towards them. Kyungsoo's pouting and shaking his head every once in a while and Junmyun will just caress his face to assure him they are doing fine.

"Can we stop here? The water is leg-deep already."

"Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Baekhyun are waiting for us. Just a few more steps, we can do this. You told me right? That you are willing to do anything as long as it's me with you. Let's overcome this fear together."

"Can.. can you hold both my hands and not just one?"

"No problem." Junmyun said and took both Kyungsoo's hand in his and slowly guides Kyungsoo towards where their friends are. "Just a few more steps, Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo closed his eyes as he can feel the water touching his hip, as he steps a few more, water level is on his abdomen. He holds Junmyun's hands tighter and he's starting to have a hard time stepping his feet for a few more steps until they stopped.

"Open your eyes, Kyungsoo." Junmyun said and as soon as he opens his eyes, Junmyun is smiling at him, with Baekhyun and Chanyeol doing the same behind Junmyun.

"Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun said and jumps on his best friend for a hug. "You're here! You did it!" Baekhyun exclaimed, still too happy for Kyungsoo's achievement.

"Baekhyun you will be the reason if I end up getting drowned. Now stop squishing me!"

"I'm just happy for you!"

"Okay I get it! Now can you let go of me?"

As soon as Baekhyun steps back, Chanyeol starts splashing water on his friends. "We're here to have fun!" Chanyeol said and Baekhyun jumps on his back and starts playing again.

Kyungsoo smiled as he wipes his face using his hand to see how fun Baekhyun and Chanyeol to watch. He's not moving from his place, afraid to go deeper and farther his spot. Junmyun approached him and stood in front of him, too close that Kyungsoo starts feeling shy.

"Hyung there are people around."

"I don't care."

"Some students are staring at us."

"I said I don't care."

"What do you want anyway?"

"A hug. A very tight hug from you."

Kyungsoo grabbs Junmyun and wraps his arms around Junmyun's neck. Junmyun holds Kyungsoo as tight as he can, and wraps his arms on his waist and he just let Kyungsoo place his face at the side of his neck.

"I'm so proud of you, Kyungsoo."

"Thank you."

"That's no big deal."

"Not just for today, hyung. For everything. I love you, I love you so much."

"Kyungsoo you have no idea how much I love hearing that from you."

"I love you, hyung. I really do!"

"I know."

"I don't know what to do without you anymore."

"You do not have to think about that because you do not have to live without me anymore. I'm here to stay, Kyungsoo."

"Hyung!" Kyungsoo said with tears running down his face. Junmyun makes a gap between them to be able to see Kyungsoo's face.

"Kyungsoo, stop crying."

"I'm happy."

"Let's share lots of memories together okay?"

"Lots of good memories!"

"I love you, Kyungsoo."

"I love you too."

---

The last activity for the day includes building a bonfire before dinner. The students searched for big blocks of wood and placed it at the middle of their camping area. Mr. Kim together with some of te students starts flaming the said blocks of wood until the bondire goves everyone warm environment.

"Jongdae hyung!" Jongin approached his cousin who is sitting alone under one of the biggest trees around their camping site.

"What's up, Jongin?"

"I was looking for you. You left right after eating dinner. What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Come on hyung! Tell me!"

"Jongin ah~ Do you like Kyungsoo?"

"Eh? Hyung why are you ev--"

"Just answer me with a yes or a no."

"I do. But I just want to be his friend first. I don't know, I think he's cute and I like how he shows care and affection to Junmyun hyung and Baekhyun hyung and that tall friend of yours, Chanyeol hyung?"

"Is he that interesting that lots of people likes him?"

"Are you and Kyungsoo hyung not in good terms?"

"He took away something important to me. Someone, I mean."

"Hyung I'm sorry to hear that, but mind telling me who?"

"Junmyun hyung."

"I--"

"Junmyun hyung is my first and only friend in school. People hates me, they know how I hate interacting with anyone. He's the only person who tried and offered a hand to be my friend. From then, I get to know Chanyeol and the rest of the gang."

"Go on, hyung~"

"He's my best friend. I did everything to get his attention and I thought what we have is something special but it ends up like I'm just his typical friend. I thought I was special."

"I'm sorry to hear that, Jongdae hyung."

"Until Kyungsoo came. He just took everything from me. In just a few months, he managed to take Junmyun hyung from me!"

"Hyung, I think Kyungsoo hyung didn't expect things to happen too."

"So you are on his side? Fine! He can just take everything from me. Leave me alone, Jongin!"

"Hyung that's not what I'm trying to say!"

"I do not like Kyungsoo."

"But hyung~"

"You cannot just force me to like him! He took the only person who cares about me. Now Junmyun hyung’s attention is all over Kyungsoo and I barely have 1% of his attention. Kyungsoo took him away from me!"

"Calm down, Jongdae hyung!"

"I'm sorry, Jongin."

"I understand."

"Let's go back to the tent. It's getting colder."

--

Kyungsoo is sitting alone at their open tent when Junmyun approached him with 2 cans of milk. Junmyun hands the opened can on Kyunsoo and takes a sit beside him. Junmyun rests his head on kyungsoo shoulder even with the students around.

"Something bothering you, hyung?"

"Nope."

"You are extra cuddly today."

"I cannot help myself from getting near you, Kyungsoo."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure.”

"Do you think your parents will allow us to continue this relationship if they found out we are together?"

"To be honest, I don't know."

"Me either. I'm scared, hyung."

"Let's not think about this, Kyungsoo."

"Alright. Not now, but you know they will eventually find out, right?"

"Yeah. But for now, let's enjoy what we have okay?"

Kyungsoo nodded and as soon as they were done talking, Baekhyun and Chanyeol approached them.

"Hyung are you guys going to sleep already?" Chanyeol asked.

"Yeah we are about to. Why?" Junmyun replied.

"Chanyeol and I want to have a walk before sleeping. But go ahead; we'll see you guys tomorrow." Baekhyun stated and grabbed Chanyeol away from their friends since Baekhyun can feel how much their friends want to be alone.

Kyungsoo lay down and closed his eyes as soon as he heard Junmyun zips their tent. Junmyun just moved closer to Kyungsoo and rubs Kyungsoo's cheek using his thumb. Kyungsoo sighed deeply, loving the feeling of Junmyun's hand on his face.

"Hyung, come join me."

"I will in a while. I like looking at you from here."

Kyungsoo opened his eyes to see Junmyun staring at him, with his angelic smile all over his face.

"Junmyun hyung, I cannot afford losing you. I'm in this relationship too deep already."

"I am too, Kyungsoo. From total strangers we end up like this."

"Everyone starts from two different strangers, love. How pointless was that?"

"Kyungsoo I'm trying to be serious here and yet you're destroying the moment."

"Well it's better if you said ‘We started from total strangers that I was such an annoying idiot who gave the person I love a hard time because I'm overconfident of myself and I hate people like this certain Do Kyungsoo who attends his class 30 minutes later than the start of the class proper.’ because that's how we really started."

"Hey you are holding grudges over me!"

"You were so annoying back then! You and your pride and I don't know what to call you but I can remember telling Baekhyun that you are an ."

"What the hell, Kyungsoo?"

"You were an annoying , hyung. That's like almost a year ago when we first met. But now, you're my kindest perfect little angel."

"Wow thanks. I do not know if I should be mad that you think I was such a jerk or be glad that you think I'm an angel."

"Well nothing matters right now except the fact that you keep on touching me. Watch your hand hyung, I can feel you touching me all over."

"Excuse me? I'm just--"

"Where's your hand right now then? Tell me."

"On your waist."

"Be specific."

"On your waist, under your shirt. Skin to skin. Is that what you want to hear?"

"See.”

"Hey! Are you trying to tell me I'm a ert?"

"I didn't say that! That statement came from your mouth."

"Stop making fun of me or else.."

"Or else what?"

"I won't let you rest again tonight."

"Wow your addiction in me is too overwhelming."

"You do not want to stop uh?" Junmyun said with a grin and moved on top of Kyungsoo. "You want this again don't you?"

"You want me."

"Well..”

"Then kiss me."

"How flirty."

"Just do it, god damn it hyung!" Kyungsoo said and grabbed Junmyun by the neck for a kiss. Kyungsoo starts giggling and after a few minutes of kissing, they can hear Baekhyun and Chanyeol laughing outside their tent.

"I just want to remind you that we want to have a peacful sleep tonight. Lower down your voices." Baekhyun said and Chanyeol starts cracking up.

" off you guys!" Junmyun shouted. "Mind your own business!" He added.

"Use protection!" Chanyeol teased and a loud groan from Kyungsoo can be heard.

"Shut the up! We're not doing those things! Now guys can you get off our tent because if in a minute you won't leave, I will ing feed you wood and will force you to swallow them!" Kyungsoo said and Baekhyun and Chanyeol hurriedly left their tent but before their friend starts running, Baekhyun said ‘Have fun!’ and starts running for his life.