Friends don't fight over a boy

Deja Vu

YoonA's POV

I didn't know what to say. Did Miko have a crush on Nickhun too? I mean, she was a freshman for god's sakes! How did she even know Nickhun? I just nodded to her. As time went on, I was socializing with people, trying to keep a distance from him. However, when I glanced at him, I saw Sunye talking to him. I wasn't jealous because it was only infatuation. I didn't even really like him because I barely knew him. Me, Im YoonA--- the girl that has never dated anyone, does not like Nickhun, I reminded myself. 

One hour later, I find myself walking around school with Miko. She tells me that she likes Nickhun, even though she just met him an hour ago. At the time, I didn't care so I answered truthfully: "well I don't like him that much, so you can have him." It wasn't a lie, because I honestly did not want to fight over a guy. She asked if I was sure and I said, "positive!" I have known Sunye for 3 years and I'm not the type to fight over a guy. Especially if I barely knew the guy! 

Over the span of 4 months, many things happened. I became fast friends with Nickhun because he was in my biology class. We talked almost everyday and we had so much in common. One day, Nickhun tells me he likes Miko. Surprisingly, I was happy for Sunye because I was so close to Nickhun that I only saw him as a brother. Eventually, they go out on a movie date and I thought all was well. Two of my good friends were happy and no one got hurt because of it.

As the school year came to a close, Nickhun tells me he doesn't like Miko anymore. And the only reason he liked her was because of her looks, not her personality. Apparently, she has a pretty crappy personality. I was shocked, but what could I do? Time comes between them, and they drift apart. Who could blame them, they had nothing in common. 

Oddly enough, me and Nickhun got even closer. He would walk me to my car every single day, and we would chat at night. But I didn't like him, I already had my sight somewhere else, after all.

-----I always had my sight somewhere else.----