love me

Rude Girl

* Its okay, Jiyeon... * you told yourself as you were in a bathroom stall, breathing heavily. 

You were supposed to be walking home, but an asthma attack suddenly halted your steps. Afraid that someone might see you, you ran into a nearby bathroom. 

*.... my heart.... hurts....* 
 you couldnt stop your tears from flowing as you thought of the day your parents were killed in a car accident.. trying to save you. 


~FLASHBACK~

"hey, jiyeon! lets play ball together!"

"hehehe... okay! ill be the monkey in the middle!" 

"oh jiyeon! the ball is rolling away!" 

"okay! ill go get it!" 

the ball rolled into the street, and your tiny feet were running as fast as they could. 

"JIYEON-AH!!" your mother screamed and ran to you as she hugged you and twirled you backwards to recieve the impact from the truck that was speeding. "Yeobo!" you heard your father yell. he tried to stop the truck by running in front of it and holding his arms out, as if to tell it to stop. But even though you didnt see the incident, you heard it. and you could feel the impact and how it flew you out of your mother's arms. 
 

~2 days later

"MOMMY! I WANT TO SEE MY MOMMY! I KNOW SHES WITH DADDY... LET ME SEE THEM!" you yelled and cried. 
"please! your parents are in heaven now... and youre in critical condition! stay still!" the nurse urged. 

 

you felt too weak to argue any further, and just cried your heart out. 

 

the next day, your old personal maid walked into your room with a sad face. She was a personal maid of your father, as well. and she was nearly 78 years old. She looked so fragile that you began to worry if she would die of old age soon.  

"imo... you wont leave me,right?" your doe-like eyes were still brimmed with tears. 

"no, darling. so start smiling. everyone is sad that our bright little jiyeon has changed so much." 

you let out a cynical laugh. "no, imo. Im going to make everyone in this world hate me now. because my parents loved me, they got hurt. I dont want my life to be full of people who are hurt because of me." 

"thats not true, honey. we all love you. and nothing can make us hate you. ever." 

"... please hate me now. i dont want to watch the people i love get hurt.... imo... please... stop caring about me." 

"this imo will never hate you... i cant.... you might not have much left to live..." the maid trailed off as she started to tear up. 
"Darling, you have a heart disease. it is very severe, with the side effect of asthma..." 

but instead of crying, you sadly laughed. "thats good, then. imo. ive decided. Im going to make the whole world hate me and wish me dead. that way, no one will feel sad when i die. no one will have to experience the pain i felt when i watched mommy and daddy be buried in the ground." 

the maid sighed and shook her head, while gathering you up in a hug. *Darling, why must you make it so hard on yourself? indeed, you are so mature for your age.. just as your father was...*

~END OF FLASHBACK~

"umma... appa.... imo....." you whimpered. 

putting your inhaler away, you wiped your tears. *I miss the feeling... of having someone love me...*