A Bit More Than The Beginning

Why I Like You

A bit more than the beginning.

 

I ran out, immediately singing like at any other concert.  Except this one was different.  I looked at all these kids in front of me.  Why would they send us to a school with a bunch of retards?  I kept dancing, realizing a frown was forming on my face I immediately smiled again.  We are really busy and…just how aware are these kids?  I could’ve been a main character in a variety show!  I can’t even do the gags I planned to do…what are the odds they’ll even laugh.  Mental sigh.  I slowly realized that these kids were actually…keeping their eyes on us.  They are aware!

“Thank you for listening!”  We said, we didn’t know what else to say.  We didn’t have an idea how aware they were.  They didn’t scream or say anything.  They just stared.  I watched as a girl got up from her seat, running up to us…directly to me…and gave me a picture of SuJu.  Her eyes were big, her skin milky, her body lithe.  She was probably part of the staff.

“Oppa!  Saranghae!”  She smiled, her cheeks tempting me to pinch.

Your gentle smile

“It’s really sweet of you to work here.”  I smiled to her.

“Oppa?”  I gazed her confused face.  She wasn’t staff?

“Anyway!  It appears this school has prepared a wonderful performance for Super Junior in thanks!”  I watched as two men come up to the fan, taking her up to the stage.  I gazed at the milky girl as we made space for her on the stage.  She made the okay sign with her hands, aegyo on her face as if she’s been doing it her whole life.  The two men rushed off the stage as a song came on.

Your very clear voice this morning

I’m addicted to your voice.  Everyone shh so I can hear!”  She smiles and does aegyo every time she sings out another verse.  I can’t remove my eyes even if I want to.  My lips twitch into a smile.  She dances perfectly, moves like an angel.