For A Moment

3600 Seconds

Minhee swiftly climbed the back gate at the back of the school, which was hidden by some bushes, which took her long enough to search for it. She knew this thing very well. She knew that usually there will be a hidden gate at the back of the school, well you can say that she's an expert in this.

She picked up her bag which she thrown out from the gate before she climbed down. She dusted off her skirt and ran as quickly as possible away from the school compound. She was thinking about going back to her house, but no, she will get bored instead. Should I go to Hongdae again?

She then decided to go to the bus stop that was near to her house since that was the one and only bus stop she knew anyway. She waited for a few minutes untill the bus stopped, and rode it. She was thinking to go to Hongdae again, but she needed to know other hangout spots, so she thought she will come down whenever the bus stops at the place she wanted.

 

 

The bus isn't that packed, maybe because school hasn't ended yet, so Minhee could sit comfortably, plainly ignoring all the judging stares from the elders in the bus. She realised she was still in her school uniform. After a few stops, the bus then stopped at a shopping mall. Minhee mentally nodded her head meaning that she will drop here. After she came down from the bus, she headed into the shopping mall. It wasn't that far from her school and house but she never realised there was a building here.

Since her new house and new school right now is right here in Dongdaemun, she felt the slight difference about the environment than at her old place Yeouido, but she still thought Yeouido was the best place ever.

After she was already in the shopping mall, she looked around. This shopping mall is huge. She didn't know where to go, yet, because she was still unfamiliar with this place. Atleast she could got out from school, or you could say hell. She just leisurely wandering around, before making her mind to go to a cafe to drink something. Yes, she did thought she has a thing for cafes.

To be frank, she really like simple; but at the same time cute or classy; things. For example, a cafe. She likes to stop by to cafes which look exactly like her preferences. No, she doesn't like emo things.

She stopped by and drank a cup of latte, wow this what you called life. Calmness. She loves calmness.

Then she leisurely wandering around again, ignoring all of the stares again, like she coolly always did. Yes es, I'm skipping school what you're gonna say?

After walking for some time, she saw an arcade, which she usually hates to go, but seems like she didn't have any places to go. She went into the arcade with light steps, which was also wasn't packed with alot of people except for some kids and teens who she assumed skipping school too.

After redeeming for some tokens, (only abit because she didn't want to stay long here anyway), she went to the game she wanted to play. Well it was a war game, like you have to shot all those bad people in there and gain scores and blahblahblah. This is boring. But she decided to just try it.

"I can't believe I'm playing this game..." She whispered in a low tone, regretting her choice of game. She will play another game after this, she thought. After that she took a hold of the fake gun and point it to the screen. She then started to shoot all the evil people in the game who was trying to shoot her too. She didn't know but she was fully absorbed to the game to the extend that she let out a '' everytime she missed the shot or everytime she was being shot.

She finished the game, and she lost, of course. She then let out a final '' and lightly kicked the machine. She decided to try it again, until she heard someone laughing so hard. She didn't realise that someone was watching her from the back??? She turned around and faced the person, raising her eyebrows.

"You can never beat the high score," said the person, still laughing. "Because you will never beat me!" 

She didn't understand what was the person saying, so she turned around and decided to go play another game instead. Crazy person.

"Hey! I was talking to you!" the person shouted again, and made Minhee turned around again, facing him with her eyebrows twitched.

"I don't understand what the hell were you saying." Minhee said in a low and annoyed tone, wanting to get him out from her sight.

"What I was saying is..." the person said, annoyingly made it try look proud, "I'm the one who gets the high score in this game. So you don't have to play this game, because you will never beat me anyway! HAHA!" the person said before he started to laugh again. Maybe he really is crazy.

Minhee just stood there, annoyed. "Plus, you're a girl! Why are you even playing this game~" he added. He then went to the machine, inserted his token and pressed a button where the high scorers' name and score were shown. "Come here! See! This is my name here, look~" He pointed to the screen and jumped. His voice were loud all the time that Minhee thought he really can't talk in a lower voice.

Minhee reluctantly went to the machine again and stood beside him, which you can seriously see the height difference. The guy was a giraffe. He was really tall. Minhee looked like a petite beside him. Minhee then looked at the name at the #1 high scorer for the game, it was "Yeollie", which she assumed the guy's name.

He was still smiling like an idiot, totally happy with his achievement. Yes, for him that was an achievement.

"Why do you suddenly want to show me this?" Minhee asked, completely questioning his intention. Of course she was, a random guy just laughed over her misery of losing the game and suddenly told her that he was the top scorer and even showed her the prove while jumping looking very excited and not to forget his really-loud voice!, what the hell is wrong with this guy uh? 

"Of course I am!" he shouted again, in a childish manner. "I kept on coming here everyday before practise after I got the top score! You didn't realise how hard it was for me to achieve this kind of accomplishment! I came here often just to beat the top score and finally! I DID IT!"

Practise? Minhee shoo-ed her thoughts away and looked back at the guy. If she could just slap his face for being loud. Might as well go to the doctor to check how was her ear. Her earlobe might break.

He then came closer to her with slow steps. "And I can't let a girl like you," he eyed her from head to toe before continuing, "beat me," he then stopped with his eyes widened. "Wait,"

"No worries, I will never beat you so you can assure yourself that your name will still be on the top scorer, I will get going, thank you." Minhee said with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. She then turned around and ready to go from this really-childish-loud-conceited boy.

"HEY! Wait!" He shouted that made Minhee turned around again, this time she took a deep breath, complete really annoyed with this guy.

"YAH LEE SUNGYEOL, I've had enough of you and your shouts!" Someone else came to Sungyeol ready to knock his head, looking at his already-curled fist.

"You," the Sungyeol guy looked at her from her head to toe again, "you are that girl with mysterious vibes??! Sunggyu hyung's seat buddy?"

Sunggyu who was just about to knock Sungyeol's head, looked confused why was his name being mentioned, then looked at the direction to where Sungyeol was looking. His eyebrows were raised, looking not completely shocked, but curious.

Minhee, on the other hand kept on cursing because her seat buddy was here! What is he doing here? What if he tells the teacher? What if eomma knows? Then she'll nag at me again I'm gonna get grounded! damn it!

"Oh? Minhee-ssi? what are you doing here?" he then asked her with a tone of concern.

Minhee didn't answer his question but asked him back, "what are you, doing here?" emphasizing the word "you".

"We're going to practise after this, but our manager isn't at the practise room yet. He is always late," he added, "so we always come here because this guy wanted to check how was his name doing in the top scorer lists."

And that was when Minhee wanted to hit her head with a brick.

This 'Yeollie' guy is from Infinite! 

She remembered searching about Infinite but she didn't pay attention to the other members because she was too focused on searching about Sunggyu.

oops.

She then bowed, "I'm sorry I didn't realise that you are an idol."

Sungyeol and Sunggyu then looked at each other, looking confused. "What are you even apologizing for?"

"Because I didn't know that you guys are an idol at first?" She said back, confused too.

"You don't know us??? Are you serious?????" Sungyeol asked her with his loud voice, again, looking shocked.

"I don't know that you guys are the members..." She said keeping her head down.

"Thats even worse!" Sungyeol snapped, "Okay, let me tell you, you already know that this is Sunggyu your lovely seatmate, and I'm Sungyeol! HAH you can tell that I'm more handsome than him right? oh ya! and we have another 5 members Hoya hyung, he always act cool made me want to puke so much! Dongwoo hyung, hm he's just okay, sometimes better than Sunggyu hyung, Woohyun, unffFF" was all he can say because Sunggyu viciously put his palm over his mouth, making him unable to speak.

"Don't you feel like he should shut up sometimes?" Sunggyu grinned and Minhee lightly chuckled at the sight.

"Yes, I do."

 

 

Minhee herself never even realised that she was actually enjoying herself with the two guys. She was already at the dance game machine which you have to step on the right arrow as shown in the screen, the steps were really fast so you have to cope with it really quick.

Three of them were enjoying themselves playing the game, except for Minhee who was having a hard time catching up with the steps. "This is too fast!" she whined without she realised.

"This is actually very easy!!" Sungyeol, as usual, being that proud peacock he showed so much today.

"Come on Minhee! You can do it!" Sunggyu encouraged her and gave her the 'fighting' sign. Ha, this is just a game dorkies.

Both of them could do it very easily while Minhee was just kept on sighing while trying to catch up with the game. "Unfair, because you two are idols so this thing would be a piece of cake." She then gave up and sat down while leaning to the wall.

"This is exhausting..." she whispered to herself while taking a few deep breaths and closed her eyes.

"Omona!" she nearly screamed, when she saw sunggyu's face was close (not really close actually, but he should save some distance for both of them because this is Song Minhee you're talking about) to her and realised that he was actually crouching infront of her.

"Cute," he whispered so soft that anybody couldn't hear. "Do you think you can escape?" he said.

Minhee squinted her eyes. "Escape what?"

"My question."

She stared at him with a 'damn it' face, she never admitted that she was skipping school when someone asked her, because she thought that was just stupid.

For a while she stared at his face, she realised how lucky she was to see this guy's face with no makeup, it wasn't really bad either.

"I skipped school." she said in a low tone, as she usually did. and kept her head down.

Sunggyu looked relaxed, like he was expecting that was the answer. "But why?"

"Because I hate school?" She said in a confusion while looking at him back. "wait, Sungyeol said there are other 5 of you guys, where are they"

"They are at the practise room right now probably. Now don't try to escape again." Sunggyu said with his eyes looked straight to Minhee's. 

"Minhee-ssi, you know you shouldn't do this. This school is not like any other school. The rules are very strict. If the teacher knows you were skipping school you are gonna be"

She cut him off, "I know..." she sighed. "I was hesitating at first. I know I shouldn't do this again."

Sunggyu looked confused with the word 'again', does means she did this alot? But he didn't want to dig her secrets and respect her, so he shrugged it off and asked, "So why did you do that?"

"Because I can't stand staying at school it's like hell!" She hissed and looked down. She didn't realised that her emotions filled her and she couldn't think about anything else. For a moment she just felt like letting it out. abit. "But I try to not do this rebel things anymore when my mum said something to me."

Sunggyu said in a very concern and comforting tone, which made Minhee felt much better, "What did she say?"

Minhee's expression turned sadder and made Sunggyu wonder. He could see the pain in her eyes, but he couldn't figure out what was that.

She whispered, "Your dad would hate you if he knows what you have been doing."


comment&subscribe

thank you.

A/N: I was thinking about adding it little bit more, but I think this chapter is long enough?