Where She Found Peace

3600 Seconds

Minhee her computer and quickly logged into her blog; where she posts the pictures she took, and told inspirational quotes behind the pictures. Nobody ever notice that, but she has quite a skill in writing. She could say her blog received lots of compliments from the people over the internet, but she never told people about it. Alot of people asked her to reveal her picture, but she never did. Her default picture was a picture of her with her father when she was still a kid. Nobody knew she had a blog, where she keeps her own story. where she found her own peace over her miserable life.

whereifoundpeace.blogspot.com

She smiled when she landed her eyes on her default picture. I miss you.

She didn't logged into her blog like a week after she moved. So when she finally logged in she saw many comments over the latest picture she put into her blog, a picture of her room. With the caption, "Moving away means leaving more memories."

Most comments were like

"yes thats true!"

"are you moving??"

"goodluck in your new place!!!"

"I love your pictures, they always look good."

She smiled again, the smile she didn't even dare to show to other people. The smile that she kept only to herself. She felt loved. Indeed, there are people who love her; even for her pictures, even they are anonymous over the internet, even they don't even know who she is. Atleast, there was a reason for her to be loved.

She started posting the picture where she took; the picture of the cafe. It was a perfect shot. She posted it with the caption "A simple place where we could find calmness and relaxing times, with delicious foods and drinks. Only in Hongdae."

She then logged out from her blog and turned off her laptop. She grabbed her camera and started to scroll the pictures she took today, it was quite alot though. There were alot of pictures the streets of Hongdae and she stopped at a picture and stared at it for awhile.

It was a picture of a huge poster, to tell there is a fanmeeting of an idol group to be held there in a while.

That idol group is called Infinite.... yes, where she saw Sunggyu in the music video. She got curious and took a picture of the poster, and now she realised how stupid she was.

With a handsome face and surely he must have a toned body, with tons of fangirls squirming and squealing over him, of course, he is a member of an idol group.

She looked at the picture again and realised that it was a week from now. Even she knew its true that Sunggyu is a member of an idol group, she still had this strange feelings like its hard to believe that its true. She is a seatmate of a member of an idol group goddamnit. She have heard of Infinite, but she never really care about them or try to search about them. Its gonna be on Tuesday. I must go to check if it was really him...

 

 

The next day, Mrs Song drove her to school. She sat at the co-pilot seat silently looking out of the tinted window, simply ignoring her mother's presence beside her who was babbling about some recent things she did for her hotel, and till this one thing came out from that caught her attention.

"Well, you know, I want you to continue to be in my position later. After you had finish your school and college," She stopped and look at Minhee for a while before focusing back to the road. "Since you're my one and only daughter I need you to help me because I'm becoming older and can't continue to work any further."

She narrowed her eyes to her mother before looking away. "Are you kidding me? You're young you can work till hundred years later."

"You will eventually have to take my position later, sweetie." She cringed at the word 'sweetie', well her mother always called her that and she found it annoying. "Why can't you do that for me? You're my daughter."

"Stop saying that I'm your daughter."

"But you are."

"Really?" She straightened her clothes and getting ready to go out from the car since she already arrived to her school. "Say that again when you know what I really want to be." With that, she got out from the car and walked in to her school.

 

 

Things were getting more awkward since Minhee already knew that Sunggyu is actually an idol. Well, she knew it later than everybody else but not that late right? She knew it quite early before she could act something embarassing infront of an idol. So, from now on, she needs to be more careful with her actions...because she doesn't want to look embarassing infront of an idol. 

Its really getting more and more awkward because Sunggyu was actually trying to talk to her but she didn't even reply. She was quite most of the time. Her respond were only shaking her head or nodding. or she will be just quiet. He was asking things about school, well how could she answer that? She hated school.

Meanwhile Sunggyu, was really frustrated that she didn't reply when he was talking. Hey, I'm trying to be nice here, he thought. What did I do in my past life to deserve such a boring seatmate like this. Tch, I need someone to talk with too.

Minhee found that it was interesting that someone was actually talking to her even when she didn't even reply. Its not like she doesn't want to reply, the question is, what should she reply? She was socially awkward, she wasn't used to be around people, she's an awkward turtle, she realizes that.

She didn't want to leave a bad impression towards this guy beside her, more because he was actually an idol. Damn it, out of all people why can't she sits beside someone else who is less popular, or someone that could leave her presence and let her be.

Then, she thought, is he being friendly to her because he is an idol? Like, he have reputations, he needs to befriend with everyone, and everyone needs to know that he's an idol and when he treats people with his nice actions, people would acknowledge him as a respectful idol?

Is it like that?

"Aish, why isn't she replying to anything I said," Sunggyu hissed in a low voice but Minhee caught that.

"What was that you were saying..?" She looked to his face and when he looked back she quickly let her gaze fall to her notebook. Geez, bless that gorgeous face.

Sunggyu lightly chuckled and looked at her in disbelief. "Are you talking to me right now????" I tried to talk to her numerous times but she didn't even reply and now she's replying heh.

Minhee took a deep breath, showing that she was annoyed by the question. "I am."

"Did you hear about what Mr. Cho said earlier? about the work he gave?" Of course not. When was the last time I listened to a teacher anyway, she thought. She shook her head and doodled in her notebook again, continuing what she did earlier. She was doodling the whole time, and since her seat was at the last row, she didn't even have the will to study.

Sunggyu was curious so he tried to peek what did she doodled. He tried to peek without being obvious, but Minhee always tried to doodle and cover it with her hands. He sighed and leaned back to her chair and Minhee looked relaxed, I bet she thought that I wasn't looking anymore, he mentally smirked.

He tried to peek again; being less obvious again, and he saw her doodle was actually so cute. There were a sentence with cute emoticons and her well-drawn roses all over the page. It looked quite vintage with her skills of shading made it look even better. And that was when he realised that the sentence, was actually an url. 

whereifoundpeace.blogspot.com. I will remember that.

"I thought you are going to tell me what was the work Mr. Cho gave," Minhee said, putting her notebook in her bag. She actually wasn't interested to know about the work, but well... she realised she needed to say something. Sunggyu was startled by the sudden action of Minhee and he rubbed the back of his neck. "Well that..was... um," he was about to continue when his phone beeped. He took out his phone and signalled Minhee to wait using his hand to check the message.

So....... this school let idols bring their phone hm?

"Maybe I'll just explain it later, I need to go somewhere after this." he grinned and Minhee just looked away.

 

 

Ohmygod. This whole class is so boring. And the next class too. And the next next. Ugh, basically school is boring. Minhee thought. Should I skip?

But Song Minhee, you promised yourself to not do this anymore. but the devil inside her wins.

But one day won't hurt right? Its not like you never did this anyway.

 

 

So during recess Minhee, as usual, didn't go to the cafeteria. She cancelled her plan on going to the cafeteria since there were people whispering when they walked passed her. Yes, she never ever did like school. How can one survive in this sort-of hell? Even when her seatmate is an idol who was born with a perfect face, no. She couldn't. If she could mention the places she hated, school would be on the top 3.

She hated it since that incident.

There was never a day when she thought school was actually a nice place, even in her old school. The bad thing in her new school was she couldn't bare it when the other students looked at her like she was somehow an alien from another planet. When the difference only was that she looked different.

She knew. When people looked at her she knew what other people thought of her in the first glance. She looked arrogant, quiet, a loner. But she couldn't shut their mouth even when she's mentally hurt with all of these insults. They said she was weird for dying her hair in such a young age, like she doesn't have any parents to take care of her at all.

Well, that was rude. This school is a prestigious school, all of the students are trained to look disciplined. But she wasn't. Her hair was messy. and red. She wore her necktie loosely and her socks were uneven. But did she care? Nope. She didn't mess with your life is it? so let her be.

But people never did that.

She went to the toilet that passed her classroom and thought for a moment. Should I do that? I just want to get out from here.

So she decided that she will.


comment&subscribe

it will actually mean alot to me. thank you.