First Encounter

3600 Seconds

A/N: Please read a/n at the bottom of the page. thank you ^^

 


 

Minhee sighed as she stepped into her new classroom, in a new school. She is 17 years old this year, currently in her 11th grade, and this is her first time stepping into the first class. A class that she guess with full of nerds and studious pupils. Well, actually, she did'nt deserved to be here. She is forced to. By her oh-so-paranoid mum. 

In her previous school, she was not that kind of student who actually listened to what the teacher taught. The one who always did her homeworks. The one who can never say no when the teacher asked for help. The one who will be excited to see her friends and field trips. Yes, she was not a good student after all. She can admit that herself.

She has a problem with her discipline in school. She skipped classes, she never complete any of her homeworks, she dyed her hair red, she smoked (well not anymore because its ) and more. What do you expect? She was one of those delinquent guys in school. The difference was just that she is a girl.

So, because of that, here she is. To a new school. Her mum, Mrs Song, said she is sick with her daughter's attitude because she often received bad reports from the teachers about her, and she wants her to change. Mrs Song even asked the teacher to let her be in the first class, and she told everything about what her daughter did in her previous school to convince the teacher. Being expressionless as Minhee always be, actually she was so so so embarassed. She didn't expect her mum to spill everything though. She thought her mum will be a little considerate.

The reason Mrs Song said to the teacher is that Minhee has to surround herself with good, clever people. Because being with bad people can influence her to be a bad person too. Tsk, typical mum.

She was like this because of her mum. All because of her. You may want to hit her with a brick, but she really, really, really hate her mum. Well thats what her brain says.

She is an only child, and she lives with her mum. Her parents divorced 7 years ago, when she was 10. She was actually a daddy's little girl, she loves her dad alot. Alot than she loves her mum NOW, she's serious. She's alone most of the time since her mum pays her 101% attention to her job. Sad story ey?

Oh, and another reason because she moved here. Her mum works here, she got promoted to be a new CEO to a hotel somewhere around here that she doesn't give a about. Nothing can separate Mrs Song and her job, really.

She's like this for 7 years. 7 years is a long time. She became like this to show her protest towards her parents' divorce, but they never got the hint. Even her mum never notice when she's actually living with her for this past 7 years. What she did is only scold her because being so delinquent.

Minhee never had any friends by the way. No one even dare to be her friend. She actually never spoke to people, except when the teachers asked her questions or when she fought with mum. Her relationship with her mum is sooo not okay? They fought alot over some things.

She may be delinquent, but she never ever been rude to people with the words she said. Well, thats because she never said anything. She is so quiet that she didn't even remember when was the last time she said something.

She may be quiet, but she actually have alot of thoughts in her mind. She knew when she did something wrong, but she did it because she was stressed out. She was in pain. She has nobody to talk to, or nobody would ever listen to her, so she never regretted any of her actions (but she actually did regret over some things).

Her mum sent her to this school because she wanted her daughter to change, but she was afraid that she can't keep her mum's hopes. Well, lets just see, she didn't promise her anyway.

She really does want to change, deep in her heart she really does. She wants to be a person that she used to be; annoyingly bright, bubbly and talkative. She was turning 360 degree from the person she used to be since 7 years ago.

 

 

Students. We have a new student here, her name is Song Minhee. Be friendly to her and tour her around the school so that she won't lost. Everyone, welcome her, The teacher said while tapping Minhee's shoulder. She was standing awkwardly infront of the class, staring at her own feet.

She noticed the weird stares they gave to her, but she kept her expressionless face. She knew that they were looking at her bright red hair and she didn't tie her hair this morning because she didn't want to.

Well, she could predict their first impression about her. A weird girl who has messy, bright red hair with no feelings at all. 

Is there any empty seat for Song Minhee? the teacher asked. Upon hearing that, a nerdy guy with large sunglasses raised his hand. Minhee looked at him and cringed. No, please, not beside him. But its impossible since there was already a person sat beside him.

There is one beside me, A guy with a brownish hair raised his hand. Minhee automatically saw him and noticed that he has a small eyes and she silently chuckled in her mind. But he looked pretty fine though. Maybe his small eyes are just one of his charms. My seatmate just moved to the States,

The nerdy guy with large glasses looked at the guy with small eyes and made a face. The teacher instructed, So, Song Minhee, you can sit at the seat beside Sunggyu.

Sunggyu? Maybe thats his name. She walked towards the seat that the teacher pointed and placed her bag gently on the chair before sitting on it. Oh, by the way, you can call me Mr. Lee, the teacher reminded.

Okay, lets start our History lesson for today. Everyone turn to page 34, She heard Mr. Lee said while writing something on the whiteboard. She looked in her bag to search for her History textbook, but then she remembered.

She didn't bring any books. She was not used to bring books anyway.

Oh, um, hey. I'm Kim Sunggyu, but you can just call me Sunggyu. No formalities, the guy beside her started to spoke. She was abit awkward so she just looked at him and nodded her head.

He rubbed the back of his neck to say something. She knew he was awkward with her too, since she didn't really talk much. But it was heartwarming to know someone was actually trying to be friendly with her.

So...you don't bring your book? he spoke then putting his textbook between her and his table. She just blankly stared at the textbook. She wanted to say thank you, but the words just like didn't seem to come out from .

He tried to make little conversations but it seemed like she didn't know what to reply him so she just kept quiet and stared down at the book. He sighed.

 

 

During recess, Minhee went to the field since she got lost when she was in her way to the cafeteria. Well, Sunggyu asked her to follow him but she didn't. She didn't want to be so clingy or something, so she hoped that she can go by herself. But when she saw the field she totally feel like not eating.

She sat down at the side of the field which was not so visible since it was covered by a shady tree. She stared at the field thought to herself. This school is even bigger than her previous school. Most of the students are obedient and clever, plus the rules are so strict. She actually got asked by a teacher who is in charge of the students' discipline about her hair, but she got passed since she was a new student. Great. The teacher said that it was okay to have a dyed hair, but the colour of her hair was just too striking.

She didn't want to change the colour of her hair, ever. Or maybe she will, but it will be when the time comes. It may sound weird, but she has her reason. She sighed and continue to look at some people who were laughing and talking with their friends and sighed again.

The breeze blew her hair and she felt so calm. This is going to be my new favourite spot.

Found you! She heard someone cheered and when she turned her head up to look who was coming, it was Sunggyu. She was about to smile but it just felt strange so she kept her poker face on. Why did he finds me anyway?

I told you to follow me, but when I looked back you're not there. So...here, a sandwich, he said while handling her the packed sandwich. It was just a simple thing but she felt so...warm? Oh snap out of it Minhee, he just wanted you to eat something.

Minhee? he asked when she was drifted out with her thoughts. She looked at him back and took the sandwich. She mumbled, thanks...

The cafeteria is right there, thats why I can see you sitting here all by yourself, he pointed to the cafeteria which was still filled with students. Even from the spot she was sitting she can actually see the cafeteria. It was big, and it looked pretty nice. She sighed, she didn't deserved to be in the one of the best school in Mapo-gu.

I'm going to go now, so, see you in class later, he waved to her and she awkwardly waved back. She saw some girls were whispering and mumbling but she didn't care about that. She can sees that Sunggyu is actually handsome and apparently so many girls were crushing on him. Even when he walked, some girls went to him and said something that probably be like oppa you're so cool oppa you're handsome oppa you blablablaHe looked like he was some sort of an idol. Or maybe he is? Whatever. She can say that she was lucky to be a seatmate of one of the popular guy in school, heh. She was lucky that the nerd guy didn't ask her to sit beside him. Eek, nightmare.

 

 

So how does it goes? Woohyun gave Sunggyu a slight grin and patted him on the back as Sunggyu started to sit down beside him.

It was awkward as hell, Sunggyu replied, gulping down his pepsi. But waitㅡ how did you know I have a new seatmate? And that girl is my seatmate? Sunggyu asked, annoyed.

I heard it. Woohyun replied casually. I just, want you to be friends with her. She looks so lonely there, see?

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun and made a face. He heard it too, the news spreaded so quickly. That he has a new seatmate who he didn't even know where she came from and left an impression to most people because of her red hair.

I tried, Sunggyu created an excuse. But seriously, he did! He tried to talk to her. But her replies are just nods or nothing. He felt like he was talking to a pillar. Talking to a pillar is better I guess.

You did? Then you failed, Hoya said while he chuckled lightly. Sunggyu continued to sip his pepsi and said, She didn't even reply to anything I said. I was like, trying to befriend her, but she didn't reply a thing, to the extend that I thought she can't talk.

Sunggyu continued, I told her to follow me to the canteen, but see! She went to the field instead!" Sunggyu spat. I was just trying to be nice to her, since no one other than me talked to her,

It's not a suprise. Sunggyu hyung isn't always be around girls, except for fangirls, so you don't know how to treat girls well.” Dongwoo said, smirking.

I treat her well enough.” Sunggyu rolled his eyes to Dongwoo.

No one ever resist Kim Sunggyu, Sungjong said with a sarcastic tone. Sunggyu looked at his dongsaeng and whacked his head. I wasn't even flirting with her you punk.

She's mysterious, Woohyun added. I like! Woohyun has always been a player all these times, but since he didn't done anything bad yet to his girlfriends, all of them would just let him be.

But actually, I see her quite mysterious too, Sunggyu said while staring at the field, you were sitting and eating the sandwich slowly.

Well, it's my first time looking at her, but she sure does give me this mysterious vibe! Sungyeol looked to where Sunggyu was staring too.

Myungsoo was listening to the whole conversation and finally joined, That girl is something.

You need to know more about your seat buddy, hyung. Hoya nudged him and he just replied, I'm lazy,

Sunggyu hyung is lazy about everything, Sungjong rolled his eyes.

 
 
 

Minhee stared at the note that she decided to give to Sunggyu. School ended, but Sunggyu went to the toilet so he left his bag at the class. Thinking about that, Minhee left the note on his table because she knew that Sunggyu is going to come back to class to take his bag.

She quickly left the class in hurry before Sunggyu comes because yea, she was embarassed. After leaving the school, she walked home in ease and the feelings of being lonely came back again.

 
 

Sunggyu straightened his clothes before noticing there was something on his table. He quickly looked at it and took the note on his table. There was a $1 and the note says;

thank you. - Minhee

Sunggyu bit his lip and tried hard to not smile. So this girl gave him a note saying thank you. You're welcome.


A/N: OKAY GUYS. I got some explanation to do. For those who subscribed this fic from a long time ago must be so confused, right? So here, I'm going to explain everything.

I abandoned this fic for like, a few months? I read this fic again I feel like puking. My writing is so bad, so I was think about re-writing it and changed the plot/storyline abit. So here, the first chapter! You know what, I thought about this fic EVERYDAY. I felt bad for abandoning it, so thats why I re-write it. So guys, clear your memories and let the story start all over again!

I'm just so happy that there are even people subscribe to this crappy story before and there are also who upvoted this, OMG no. Let me re-write this story again and guys, please do comment and tell me your opinions about the story. I'm a beginner, so my writing won't be as good as some authors. But still, I'll try!

And, if you want to unsubscribe, its okay, really.

LASTLY!! Infinite's Destiny MV was out today and it was jjang! ITS SO AWESOME AND AMAZING I LISTENED TO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN I'M GONNA DIE I FANGIRL-ED ALOT IN TWITTER SO MIND ME HEHEHE OKAY BYE AND thank you so much, so so so much. I love you guys!! every single of u~~