The first meeting

An angel's visit

He stood up on stage, the spotlight was fixed on him, and the crowd holds his breath. Slowly he raised the micro to his lips. His mouth parted to let the first words of his deep rap flow. In this moment he woke up by a loud noise. He startled up. Right in front of him stood his English teacher. It seemed like she had her book let crash into the table. Seunghyun blinked a few times in confusion. He saw his teacher talking to him but he didn’t understand a word.  She bent down to him and dragged his headphones out of his ears. “Choi Seunghyun, what do you think you’re doing?” She pressed her lips together. He knew this was a sign that he was in big trouble, but he didn’t care. He never did. He leaned back in his seat and looked up to his teacher. His left eyebrow rose up almost by itself. “I listen to music and getting the sleep I missed last night”, Seunghyun said derogatory. His teacher went bright red. “Get out of my classroom”, she hissed. Seunghyun shrugged, took his bag und left the room. In the floor he plugged the headphones back into his ears and thought about what to do with his free time. He decided to lie down in the meadow behind the building. Then he could at least catch a bit sleep there.

Slowly he plodded through the school and disappeared through the back exit. There was a boy lying in the grass already. Over his eyes lay a book and he seemed to sleep. Seunghyun didn’t bother any longer with this guy and went further back. Camouflaged by several bushes he lay down. He stretched his long legs. Sometimes he was sick of being so tall. The most of his schoolmates were smaller than him and even the tables in school didn’t fit his size. It wasn’t good for his knees to be caught up like that for a longer time. Therefore he lay down, stretched and listened to his music. Underground Hip Hop was the perfect thing for him right now. He hated to spend his days here in school. He’d like to end everything right now. But then he would go through hell at home. Seunghyuns father was the headmaster of this school. Because of this he could do everything he wanted. He wouldn’t get scolded by his teachers and as long as he was good in his exams everything was alright at home. Slowly Seunghyun dozed off into the land of dreams, till he heard loud voices. Confused he rubbed his eyes. Where the heck was he? Everything came back into his mind quickly. But who was talking there?

“Stand up, you lazy ! What do you think you’re doing? Lying in the grass like that. You should do our homework. Did you forget that?” Seunghyun sighed. He knew this voice way to good. Seungri. But who is he bullying this time? The voice which was answering Seungri was quietly and almost not to understand. He nosed forward to look around the bush. He didn’t want to be involved again. He leaned back to get a better view on what was going on. Finally he could see with whom Seungri and his ever so cool crew talked. It was the boy, who lay on the floor sleeping a while ago. Seungri planted himself threateningly before the boy. The boy slouched his shoulders and seemed totally frightened. Seunghyun rolled his eyes. He loved such kind of people who weren’t able to protect themselves. You had to take care for suchlike. He didn’t want to be concerned with people like that. However he wasn’t able to not listen to what they said. The boy said, all the homework was done already. Seungri wanted the boy to hand him the homework right now. The boy bent down and opened his bag pack.

At this moment he turned his head in exactly that way where Seunghyun was sitting. Seunghyun flinched. How was that possible? The latter couldn’t see him behind those bushes. He was hidden by the leaves. Then why did he had this feeling the boy could see him clearly. It gave him shivers all over his body. This was more than just creepy. But the moment was over as fast as it came and everything was the way it has been before. The boy gave Seungri a sheet of paper. Seungri laughed and bent down to the boy. He laid two fingers under the chin of the latter and lifted his head up, so that he was forced to look up at him. “After school you’re waiting here for us. Did you understand me?” The boy nod shyly. After that Seungri and his buddies disappeared again through the back exit.

Seunghyun couldn’t believe it. Why did the latter let Seungri deal with him like that? Who was he by the way? Seunghyun did never see him here before. The boy seemed to be smaller and younger than Seunghyun. But why did he make the homework for Seungri. Confused Seunghyun scratched his head. Why did he even care about all this? He wouldn’t meet the stranger anyway. Right in this moment the boy lifted his bag and threw it over his shoulder. Then he walked away.

Seunghyun stayed in the meadow for a while and dwelled on thoughts. He thought whether or not to simply go home for today. The following classes were superfluous anyway. And he wouldn’t even take part in the conversations and everything. But for any reason Seunghyun caught himself thinking about the need to be here after school to protect the other guy. Just for the case Seungri did plan anything bad. Seunghyun shook his head. Where did these thoughts came from? Something wasn’t right now more.

He concluded that it still was okay to stay here behind the bushes at least the next lesson. Math. He never could do math. So why should he go there. He would go back to class when the Art lesson starts. Sighing he lay back into the grass and closed his eyes.