02

Romantically

"Hello?"

"Kyung, it's me."

"Why are you calling me at 6 in the morning?"

"I'm hungry, Kyung. Buy me breakfast."

"Are you serious? Get it yourself!"

"I can't..."

"I'm going back to sleep. Bye, ____."

"Kyung, wai---"

--------------

 

 

You stared at the shelf of sweets at the corner store, not sure which one to get. Your stomach growled terribly. You needed to eat something now.

"Do I want ice cream or cake..." You mumbled to yourself. "No, it's too early for ice cream and cake."

You felt as if your stomach was eating itself. You don't know why, but you were really hungry. You scanned the shelf up and down, getting impatient with yourself.

The bell on the front door of the store jingled and you gave one glance at the sweets before finally picking out one.

"Aha," you exclaimed, a triumphant smile forming on your face. You picked out the wrapped creamed cinnamon bun that stared back at you, wanting to be eaten.

As you turned to go to the register, you collided with a firm chest and fell to the floor. 

"Owww," you grumbled. 

"I see I hurt you again," a voice said.

You looked up and your eyes widened. 

"Yukwon..." you managed to say.

Yukwon smiled at you and extended a hand out and you grabbed it. He pulled you up and you dusted yourself off. 

"If we're gonna keep running into each other, I should refrain from hurting you," Yukwon said, laughing apologetically. 

You smiled slightly, but on the inside, you were squealing with joy.

Oh, god, it's him, You thought. 

"Why are you here?" you asked, not sure what to say. "Well, this early in the morning..."

Damn. That was a dumb question.

"I'm really hungry," he replied. He stared at the same shelf of sweets you looked through and frowned. "I'm not sure what I want though."

Just like me!

"I g-got..." you began stuttering and held up your packaged cinammon bun. "...this. You might like them, too." 

Yukwon grinned and grabbed a cinammon bun off the shelf. 

"I trust you on this one, ____." he said and you both proceeded to the cashier.

He remembered my name! you thought happily.

You both paid for your food and walked outside and felt the cool air hit you. The sun was barely rising and it felt like the perfect time to go back to sleep.

You heard the sounds of a wrapper being removed and saw Yukwon devouring his cinnamon bun. Your eyes widened as you watched him not even take a breath as he continuously bit into it and swallowing it quickly.

"It's so good," he said, mouth full of food.

You began to giggle and he looked at you, chewing the rest of the food in his mouth. 

"You must've been really hungry," you said and Yukwon nodded quickly, going back to eating. 

Just being there with him made you feel warm inside. There was just something about Yukwon that made you feel happy, but you don't know what. You stared at the cream on his cheek and smiled at how cute he was eating. It reminded you of... him.

Daehyun.

You got reminded of how Daehyun used to eat like that, food on his face and clothes, and how you would clean it off of him with a napkin.

Your smile faded and your heart began to ache. You felt like crying then and there, but you couldn't. Not in front of Yukwon.

Yukwon stared at you. "Are you okay?" he asked, and you blinked as reality hit you.

"Hm?" you asked. "Oh, yeah. I'm just sleepy. It's early after all."

Yukwon smiled uneasily at you. "Why don't you eat that and then go back to sleep?" he asked.

"That's a good idea." you mumbled. 

You stared at your still wrapped cinnamon bun. You weren't hungry anymore. You just felt like breaking down. You were ashamed of yourself because you weren't over Daehyun yet.

"Earth to ____," Yukwon sang. You glanced back at him and began to laugh.

"You got cream on your face," you said. You brought your thumb up to Yukwon's face and swiped the cream off. 

Yukwon's face grew red and he began stuttering, "T-thanks." 

He looked away from you.

It was quiet for a moment. Too quiet.

"I need to get home," he spoke softly. "Bye."

His voice sounded... 

Sad.

Yukwon began strolling down the street, not giving you a chance to say bye. You watched him turn the corner and felt sadness overwhelm you.

--------------

 

"Yah, ____, I'm talking to you!" Kyung exclaimed, smacking the back of your head.

You finally looked away from the window and glanced at Kyung. 

"What are you doing?" he asked. "You've been out of it all day."

"Iunno," you mumbled, your words becoming one. You glanced back out the window.

Kyung sat quiet for a second, until he found a new topic.

"Yukwon sent me a text wanting me to tell you he's sorry."

You looked back at Kyung.

"Sorry?" you repeated. "for... what?"

Kyung shrugged. "Don't know... Maybe for hitting you in the face with his guitar."

You looked back out the window again, not wanting to tell Kyung you met Yukwon again. You smiled.

He thought of you.

Yukwon thought of you.

But... what's wrong with him?

 

 

 

--------

A/N: hi everyone, it's xi~~ i'm really sorry this chapter . i honestly didn't know what to write and plus it's 1 AM... orz. but i PROMISE, chapter 3 will be better ^^ 

please anticipate the next chapter, and thanks for subscribing! you guys are motivating me to write, LOL.