01

Romantically

"____, sit your back down, RIGHT NOW." your best friend Kyung demanded.

 

You frowned at him and plopped down into your seat. Kyung sighed and frowned back. 

 

"I'm sorry, that was a little harsh," He said and you nodded, "but you need to spend more time outside. This talent show is pretty fun."

 

"Yeah," you mumbled.

 

He was right. Ever since your ex-boyfriend, Daehyun, broke up with you three months ago, you refused to even step outside, thinking you would bump into him. The only times you went out were to buy food and go to school. You were really depressed because Daehyun cheated on you. 

 

You slumped in your seat. You were with Kyung at a local talent show. You weren't very thrilled because it was hot and it was too loud. People kept screaming in your ears even though majority of the people performing weren't that talented. But you kept quiet, not wanting to anger Kyung further.

 

"Oh, look," Kyung said and your eyes slowly moved toward the stage. 

 

A very cute brown haired boy holding an acoustic guitar stepped on stage. He smiled and waved to the cheering crowd. He sat on the stool in the middle of the stage, getting ready to play.

 

"He looks like a cat," you thought out loud and Kyung laughed. 

 

"Everyone says that," he replied. "That's my friend, Kim Yukwon. I've known him for quite some time."

 

Your eyebrows rose. "Really. Is he any good?" you asked. Kyung smiled a smile that told you, Just wait and see.

 

Your attention focused to Yukwon and he began to play. You couldn't stop watching him. The way he strummed the guitar and how his fingers moved swift and accurately across it. How he closed his eyes, as if he were falling into the song. 

"I have made you cry again,

Tears are falling from your beautiful eyes

We’re breaking up again

Your beautiful face

Is slowly getting further away

I’m thinking it’s for the best

This frustrating love is now over

Even if I vowed to never think about you again

Why am I looking at your picture today?"

 

His voice entranced you, like you were on some kind of drug. Your jaw dropped a little and your eyes wouldn't leave Yukwon. It was like he was the only one in the room. 

 

Suddenly, you remembered Daehyun. You remembered all those loving lies he told you with that gentle voice of his. How he promised you the world but he beat you down by cheating on you. You remembered him shattering your heart when you caught him. Kyung sensed something and watched you.

 

"____," He softly spoke. You blinked and a tear drop fell down from your eyes. "____," he called again. You wiped the tear away and smiled at Kyung. "Are you okay?"

 

"He's really good," your voice cracked as you spoke. More tears spilled out and Kyung stared at you in worry. He pulled you into a warm and gentle hug. He your arm softly with his hand and didn't say anything. You could feel his heart beat and it calmed you.

 

You watched Yukwon as you cried. You were really glad Kyung was there, because if he wasn't there to comfort you, God knows what you would've done to yourself.

 

------------

 

After the performance, Kyung made you wash up. He sent you to the ladies room to refreshen yourself. You turned the cold water faucet on and splashed your makeupless face. You stared in the mirror, disappointed in yourself because you still weren't over Daehyun.

 

"He was stupid," You remembered Kyung say. "If I had a girl like you, I would never want to hurt you. I would treat you like a princess."

 

"Why can't more guys be like Kyung?" you whined and made an annoyed face. You ran your fingers through your hair a few times to fix the stray strands before you left the restroom.

 

The moment you stepped outside, you felt something smack you across the face painfully. You dropped to the floor, holding your face.

 

"Owwww, what the hell," you groaned.

 

"Oh my god," you heard a boy exclaim. "Are you okay?" 

 

The figure knelt down in front of you. You tried to identify him, but you were too dizzy. 

 

"What happened?" You asked him, closing your eyes to steady yourself.

 

"I kinda hit you in the face with my guitar... on accident." the boy replied.

 

"You kinda hit me?" you growled.

 

"I'm really sorry." 

 

You opened your eyes and you stared at the familiar looking boy. 

 

"Hey, you're that guitarist..." you said and he smiled.

 

"My name is Yukwon," he spoke. He helped you stand on your feet. "And you?"

 

"___, there you are!" You heard a voice call out from down the hall. You and Yukwon both looked behind you and saw Kyung trotting towards you. "You were taking a long time so I got worried." Kyung laughed a little. He noticed Yukwon standing by you and his face brightened up.

 

"Hey, Kyung," Yukwon said and Kyung tackled him with a big hug.

 

"Yukwon, boy, look at you!!!" Kyung exclaimed, ruffling Yukwon's hair wildly. Yukwon laughed and pushed Kyung off, then fixed his hair. Yukwon looked at you.

 

"Are you... Kyung's...?" 

 

"No!" You and Kyung exclaimed at the same time. "Best friends."

 

"I can see that," Yukwon mumbled, surprised at the synchronization of you two. 

 

"This is ____." Kyung told Yukwon. "She's been my best friend for god knows how long." Suddenly, Kyung's eyes widened as if he realized something. He started to chuckle to himself and you stared at him weirdly.

 

"What's wrong with you?" You asked Kyung and he bursted out laughing. "Can you stop?!"

 

Kyung apologized and said, "It's getting late, I'll take you home now. It was good seeing you, Yukwon." 

 

"See ya." Yukwon said. Your eyes met Yukwons and he smiled at you. "Bye, ____."

 

You blinked a little, as if you just got out of a spell. "Bye." you managed to speak. 

 

You were dizzy, not from Yukwon's guitar colliding with your face, but from Yukwon himself. Kyung grabbed your wrist and dragged you along with him. You looked back at Yukwon, and he was gone. You felt sadness envelope you. 

 

You already missed him.

 

----------

 

"I now know why you were taking a very long time," Kyung grinned as he pulled into your drive way. "You were with Yukwon." You rolled your eyes. "Were you having a little fun in the bathroom?"

 

"Oh, shut up, Kyung," You stated and slapped his arm. "I was only with him because he somehow hit my face with his guitar. Don't ask me, I don't even know how he did it."

 

"It's fate," Kyung sang and you rolled your eyes again.

 

"Good night, Kyungie," you said as you gathered your things and opened the car door. 

 

"Good night, ____." he replied smiling. You looked at him and you couldn't help but smile back. You gave him a quick hug and stepped out of your car, walking into your apartment.

 

After you changed into your pajamas, you plopped onto your bed and you immediately started thinking of Yukwon.

 

When will I get to see you again?

 

--------------

 

Hi guys, it's Xi. I hope you guys liked chapter 1. I hope it wasn't boring ;;

I'll try to update as often as I can, but I'll be a little busy with school, so maybe 2 chapters a week?? 

You can leave your thoughts on the story, it'll make me feel better lol. ;w;