My Shattered Heart

One Day You'll Realise That I Exist...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“One day when the Autumn rain starts to fall again, then you’ll quietly return to my side...”

Everyone in this world would have a season that they most love and cherish, whether it was the blooming spring with fluttering butterflies or the hot and fury sun of the summer season, everyone would still have a place in their heart, mind and soul where they would cherish that season. Maybe that season has brought them some unforgettable memories or people that they wish would never vanish from their life, and just like everyone in this unforgiving world So Eun too have a season that she cherish the most, but maybe because of the memories and people that it brought along, a part of So Eun wish that, that season had never came along and taken away the most important thing in her life and that is her heart. Autumn has taken away her heart and gave it to a person who So Eun would never knew has so much affect in her life and because of that one person, So Eun’s prospective on life has changed since.

 That is why to So Eun the Maple tree has always been the one thing that connected her to nature the most and it was that one kind of tree that silently taught her how to nurture her inner strength that has given her the ability to know how to love, hate and forgive, to So Eun the Maple tree wasn’t only a tree that changes with the season it was like a fairy god mother that she never had. That is why she cherish Autumn cause only in autumn can you see a Maple tree’s true colours just like So Eun, there will be time when she’s strong and her will to move on will never be broken but there also times when her strength is wilted and falling just like the delicate leafs on the maple tree that is coloured with elegant shades of gold and orange. Others may overlook this scene yet to So Eun she has never fail to notice the pureness behind all that raging colours of the leaf, just like her...

 

That unforgettable scent of Autumn and it’s romantic sceneries would always reminded her of the day she has finally had the courage to love and receive love however Autumn doesn’t last forever, the season changes and so does that one person who So Eun thought would always be by her side. Autumn soon went away leaving behind the frosty winter with its unforgivable coldness that would never fail to remind So Eun of the thick ice wall that she has build for her heart after the day he left her in tears and despair and a broken heart that needs time to mend.

 

Kim So Eun, is the only daughter of Korea’s Top fashion company, she has always been loved by her parent, grandma, grandpa and also her two older brothers Jun Pyo and Kim Bum.  They are the people that had always cherished her existence, yet there was one kind of feeling that they could never give her even if they have tried their best. It was the tingling feeling that he gives her every time he embraces her.

Five years has passed since that incident that day, she didn’t know how she managed to survive without him by her side. She spent most of the first couple of years in hideout not wanting to face the world that carries the reality and the pain of knowing that he is no longer by her side. It then that she has built for herself an ice wall to protect herself...

 

Five years ago....

So Eun was rushing out of the door afraid that she would be late for her date with her boyfriend as he had called her so suddenly and wanted to meet her as soon as possible, so So Eun being the innocent girl she was quickly got dressed and rushed to the door where her car was waiting for her.

When So Eun arrived at the restaurant his presence was no where there so she went to her favourite corner and sat there waiting for him.

10 minutes passed...still he’s nowhere to be seen

30 minutes passes... still no sign of him.

1 hour passed...No sign of him and no message or call from him.

So Eun didn’t know what to do, she didn’t know if she should call him or just let him slowly make his way there, it wasn’t the first time and So Eun seem to be use to this kind of treatment from him. Sometime So Eun asked herself why she even bothered to wait for him like this, as he does this nearly every date.

Call her stupid or call her naive but she was still willing to wait for him, to So Eun he was the best thing that could happen to her and meeting him and to be able to be in his embrace brought a knowing smile to her face even though he has broken countless promises that he had made to her. He was no one other than Kim Jaejoong.

Their relationship started off really romantic, something that others would classified as coming from a sweet Korean drama, however every party ends and like a relationship would lose its affect. Day by day Jaejoong’s contacts and attentions toward So Eun would lessen and then later on it was only So Eun that had sent him the messages of wishing him a goodnight sleep or to remind him to bring an umbrella cause it would rain. It seems as though So Eun was the male in the relationship and Jaejoong was the female. Many of So Eun’s friend told her that maybe she should have given up on him because her friends knew that behind her back Jaejoong was cheating on her. Yet being the stubborn So Eun she would always say that maybe Jaejoong has some business with the girl.

“So Eun give up already, Jaejoong is cheating on you” said Dara.

“Dara stop accusing Jaejoong for something that he hasn’t done...Maybe...Maybe he has some business to do with the girl” said So Eun defensively.

“You know what So Eun? I give up... I don’t how many times I have told you of this yet you just ignore this.” Said Dara as she has had enough.

*I’m sorry Dara-ah I know what’s he doing behind my back, but I can’t just let him go...I’m sorry...* Thought So Eun as her friends stood up and left her behind in the cafe.

 -----------Back to So Eun waiting for Jaejoong--------------

“Jaejoong where are you? Why are you always making me wait for you?” asked So Eun as she checked her phone for the hundredth time that night.

It wasn’t until long did So Eun hear that thunders are starting and that she forgot that the weather broadcast said that it would rain today, yet So Eun forgot about taking an umbrella, and this is so normal for So Eun, she would always remind others to bring an umbrella to not get sick yet she would always forget to bring one for herself.

So Eun wasn’t afraid of the thunders nor is she a big fan of it, and So Eun’s patience was slowly starting to decrease.

Five more minutes into the wait So Eun’s mobile started to ring, signalling to her that she just received a new mess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter