Not So Bad After All

Micky Yoochun one-shots :D

 

Yoochun stirs in his sleep, the sun’s rays slowly boring into his eyes. The annoying honk of his alarm on his phone sounds and he groans in his sleep. Blindly, he pats his table top in search of his phone and picks it up, turning off the alarm and placing it back to the smooth wood. He slowly sits up and rubs his face, trying his best to open his eyes and staring around him.

“Another day, Yoochun. Wonderful.” He murmurs to himself, slowly sliding off his bed and dragging his feet towards his bathroom to take a nice cooling shower to wake him up for the day ahead. After dressing into a baby blue shirt, black slacks and socks, a striped tie and a jet black blazer and picking up an apple in the kitchen, he takes his trusted black satchel and heads off to take the dreaded bus to his office on the other side of the city.

Oh how he despises taking public transports; people crowding in a long vehicle but never seeming to fit every person, people talking over other people just to be heard, some inconsiderate drivers who can’t seem to drive properly; the list is endless. How he hates it all. But he takes public transport anyway or he would have to walk on foot for 2 hours just to get to his office. It was either this and travel only 20 minutes tops or walk for 2 hours.

And he chooses the latter.

He stands near the bus sign, taking a big chunk of his red juicy apple while staring into the distance, patiently waiting for the bus which will arrive in 10 minutes, give or take a minute or two. Every passing minute, more and more people crowd the bus stop; more and more voices talking one over the other.

And more and more of the apple he bites off.

He unconsciously listens in to a conversation about an event in a particular school by two familiar teenage schoolboys; rolling his eyes at the amount of swearing he hears from the two.

Teenagers nowadays. He thinks to himself as he does every day at this particular bus stop.

“Omo… There’s so many people here…” He overhears a whisper from a young lady who squeezes herself next to Yoochun; he guesses that she must be new around the area, considering that he knows everyone at the bus stop (as acquaintances) except her.

He glances at her longer than he should be; observing the side of her face, her long dark brown hair which stops just above her waist and held with a headband, her well-toned and smooth-looking skin to the clothes that she is wearing, consisting of colors that matched really well, which fit her nicely and showed her slim figure.

“Is there something wrong?” He blinks out of his reverie, blushing slightly in embarrassment for staring too long then looks away. The woman blinks in confusion, tilting her head to the side.

“I-It’s nothing.” He mutters, “Sorry for staring.”

“It’s okay.” She gives a small smile then stares back out to the distance. A few seconds later, a bus turns to their road and the crowd starts to huddle closer to the bus stop, in hopes of hopping into the bus first and possibly getting a seat.

Yoochun feels pity for the lady, being slightly pushed towards him because of their greed to jump inside the bus first. He pulls out his free arm and wraps it around her shoulders, pulling her in front of him and letting her enter through the doors before him. They both squeeze in then settle in the middle of the long vehicle.

“Thank you.”

“No problem.” Yoochun replies with a sweet smile then stares out the nearby window.

The bus doors close after it’s full and starts to drive off, leaving a few unlucky passengers behind to wait for the next bus. With so many people packed in such a vehicle, the humidity is bearable but not bearable enough. So many voices overlap even more than when at the bus stop and there’s an occasional accidental nudge from someone else’s elbow or bag.

Yoochun can see the uncomfortable expression on the lady’s face.

“Are you okay?” He asks softly.

The lady blinks at him for a while then nods. “I’m fine. Just that I don’t really like taking transport like this; it’s so packed!” She replies, huffing a little breath then biting her lip as she accidentally got nudged on her waist with a sharp elbow.

“Same here. But it’s my only choice.” Yoochun chuckles in response.

“Yeah. Either this or I walk. Even though walking is not such a bad idea, I still choose taking public transport.” She half-smiles.

“You’re new around here? I haven’t seen you before…”

“Mhmm! I used to live at the suburbs but I wanted to experience city life so I moved nearby. But, wow, if I knew it’s THIS packed, I should have gotten myself a car first!” She giggles softly, shaking her head at her own mistake.

“Well, parking a car around here costs a lot.”

“True.” She mutters back in response then drifts off into her own thoughts. Yoochun inspects her again unconsciously, his head slowly tilting to the side as he tries to get a better view of her face. He stares at her dark brown eyes then to her well-shaped nose; how her cheeks look slightly rosy, making him wonder if she is currently wearing make-up or not; and her slim lips that look quite inviting.

I did not just check her out. Yoochun suddenly thinks to himself, getting into realization and mentally slapping himself while looking away in embarrassment. He clears his throat then gulps in nothing, trying to distract himself with the scenery outside, even though he has seen the same scenery every day for the past year.

Damn it, Yoochun. She’s just new around here, for Pete’s sake. Yoochun debates to himself. Aww, but she’s so beautiful. At least ask for her name.

Yoochun bites his lip, feeling another lump in his throat that he can’t seem to swallow. Nervousness? Maybe so.

“Ah, I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name?” The lady breaks his thoughts again, his head snapping to her much quicker than it should and surprising her.

“O-Oh, sorry. Umm, Yoochun. Park Yoochun.” He nods firmly, pursing his lips.

“Hello, Yoochun. I’m Yeonhee.” She smiles and shakes Yoochun’s hand. “Ah, I’m getting off here now. I’ll see you around.” Yoochun looks around in his surroundings, especially to the outside and realizes that he has already arrived to his stop.

“Oh, this is my stop too.” Yoochun replies then grins.

“Well, Mr. Park, what a coincidence.” Yeonhee jokes with a soft giggle, suddenly feeling close with the man, to which Yoochun likes. They both disembark the vehicle then laugh when they turn to the same direction.

“Looks like we work close by each other.” Yeonhee comments with another laugh.

“It appears so. Though my office is just around this corner.”

“Mine is just opposite. Strange.” Yeonhee smiles nonetheless then adds, “Well, I guess I’ll see you?”

“Sure. Say, let’s have lunch together? Better to have it with someone than going alone.” Yoochun grins cheekily to which the other giggles.

“I have no problem with that. I’ll see you then, Mr. Park.” She greets with a wave, walking off to her office building. Yoochun watches her back disappearing into the bustling crowd.

Looks like taking public transport isn’t so bad after all.

~~~~~

Just a little update ^^

I've recently been thinking about this and I thought "Why not write before the thought goes away completely?" so I did XD
I hope it wasn't too boring though! Cause when I re-read it again... It seemed like it ><

Please comment below on what you think! ^^

Thank you for reading, by the way! :)

Sincerely,
-the-badguy-or-hero-♥