A Happy Family Sticks Together

Micky Yoochun one-shots :D

 

{ A Happy family sticks together}

“Omma, where are we going?” My 5-year old son asks as I help him get dressed into his spring clothes consisting of a simple long-sleeved shirt and cute checkered trousers held up by denim suspenders. His round chestnut eyes stare at me in wonder and a tang of excitement, a part of his fringe covering one of his eyes.

I smile at the genuine curiosity in his orbs and brush his slightly too long fringe from them to the side. I should really trim them away soon…

“We’re going to church, Chunji-ah.” I respond, standing up and holding his little hand. His stubby little fingers try their best to wrap around my slim hand, his eyes still wide as saucers.

“Will appa come with us?” He asks. Memories flash through my mind at the mention of him, my eyes clouding slightly but I quickly hold them back. My son is right here with me and I will not show any signs of weakness to him; even though he doesn’t know what’s going on between his father and me.

“Yes, he will. We will meet him there, Chunji, don’t worry.” I answer in a soft voice than previously, hoping that my son didn’t notice and praying that Yoochun will surely attend with us or my son will forever deem me as a liar. But either busy or not, Yoochun will surely come to church for it’s been a tradition for us ever since we both exchanged vows. He will surely come… Even though not for me but for our son.

“Kaja.” I smile warmly to my child, lightly tugging onto his arm and leading him to the front door of our little home. Helping him to wear and tie up his shoes then slipping into my simple black flats, we head out on our small journey.

---

“Appa!” Chunji squeals in delight at the sight of his father a few feet away from us, clad in a business suit, looking fresh from a meeting in his office. His fingers unravel from mine and quickly he runs towards Yoochun with a bright smile on his little chubby face, jumping into his father’s embrace. I stop for a moment and watch the scene before me, wondering how long it’s been since Yoochun smiled like that; especially towards me.

What has happened to us?

“Hey there, kiddo.” Yoochun’s husky voice fills my ears, awakening me from my reverie. I quickly walk towards the two, forcing happiness on my face as I approach the two having a little wrestle in front of the church doors. Chunji’s arms wrap around one of his father’s tightly, hanging off like a chimp and emitting fits of giggles while Yoochun struggles to keep his arm up for the boy.

“Appa, appa. The church bells are ringing again! It’s time to go inside now!” Chunji grins cheekily upon hearing the church bells, his grin resembling just like Yoochun’s and he quickly lets go of his father’s arm, tugging onto his hand. Yoochun takes a quick glance towards me, his eyes unfamiliar to me now, then lets our child lead him through the church doors with me following suit.

Chunji picks a spot for us to sit, Yoochun and I on each side of him, and he sits in anticipation.

Such an adorable and innocent child Yoochun and I have…

“Shh. It’s starting.” Chunji whispers to the both of us with his finger up to his lips, earning soft chuckles from Yoochun and me.

The mass goes on normally, though Chunji doesn’t keep to his word for he is still a small child. On just the first 6 minutes of the mass, he is already fidgeting in his seat and turning his head around this way and that, to catch glimpses of everything and anything that interests him. As we progress further, he starts to pat his thighs, play with his buttons and even pick his nose. A little while later, he commences to play with his father’s hands and fingers then hanging off from Yoochun’s arm as we stand.

Yoochun tries to focus but our son is a curious chimp. Though to us, as long as our son is as quiet as the wind throughout the duration of the mass, there should be no problems.

Chunji hops down from his father’s arm then hugs my leg, his puppy eyes pleading for me to carry him. I smile and comply with his request, picking him off the ground and gently holding my son close to me.

I can see from the corner of my eyes that Yoochun is watching the both of us.

For a while, Chunji seems to enjoy the warm embrace but he soon fidgets around then slides off my arms and onto the floor with a soft thud. He then let’s go of my leg and skips off to play with his father once again.

“Omma, omma…” I hear Chunji’s slightly soft whisper, his little stubby hand grabbing onto 3 of my fingers and gently tugging onto them.

“Neh?” I whisper, taking a little glance then feeling a different patch of skin onto the back of my hand. My head turns to my hand, biting my lip at the sight of Chunji holding mine and Yoochun’s hands and pulling them together. A few minutes, I stare in a daze then carefully, Yoochun slips off his hand and elicits a cough.

Chunji’s head looks to-and-fro from his father and I then quickly, I look away.

“Omma? Appa?” Chunji’s little voice whispers, still looking to-and-fro. “What’s wrong?” The curiosity pangs my heart, slowly shredding into pieces. He is still an innocent child to be going through something that he should not experience at all.

“Nothing is wrong, son.” Yoochun responds after a short while of silence between the three of us. He picks up Chunji onto one arm then scoots himself over closer to me and holds my hand, taking me by surprise. “What did I always say to you, Chunji-ah?”

Chunji smiles brightly and responds, “A happy family sticks together!”

“That’s right.” Yoochun turns to me, smiling warmly. “And are we a happy family, Chunji?” His gaze, slowly turning warm and familiar, stare right into mine lovingly.

“Neh, appa!”

Yoochun slowly leans in and his soft lips gently touch mine, mumbling, “Let’s start over, Yeonhee… I’m sorry for what I did to you.”

Little by little, I nod my head with tears forming in my eyes and my other hand covering my mouth in shock.

“By the way, you look beautiful in that white dress.” Yoochun smiles again.

tumblr_m1gu84fMXu1rsv0mzo1_400.jpg

 

author's notes
Hi guys! It's been a while, no? ^^" So sorry for the really late updates now... School has been hogging me from here lately >.<
Well anyways, hope you all enjoyed this little one-shot! :) Inspiration came from seeing a couple with their child in church... The mother and father really looked distant! Though I hope this is not the case for the child really looks like he loves them both >< Anyways... Please give feedback! thanks <3