Promises, from my heart to yours.

Our love can be our heaven.

 

Chapter two.
Promises, from my heart to yours.
 
 
 
"Sehuna?"
 
You peered over the top of your book, eyes peeking up from the thick rims of your glasses. Not that you actually needed them. Nope, just a gift from Tao in the secret Santa program (with the thought in mind that the three of us could be 'the most badass maknae line of hipsters EVER.'), and you just happened to take a liking to the fake glasses. I on the other hand actually need my glasses, you two are just posers (as pointed out by Tiffany and Jongdae too many times to count).
 
"Hmm?" you mumbled as I sat on the bed, weight making the mattress sink in with a slight creak of the springs.
 
"You said earlier that you liked me."
 
"Yep."
 
There was a bit of a pause, during which you looked back into the depths of your book, all but your hair hidden by the red hardcover. I cocked my head, giving you the best puppy-eyed look I could muster as I tried desperately to draw your attention back to me.
 
"How much?"
 
"How much what?"
 
"How much do you like me?"
 
You set your book down beside you, tasseled bookmark slid into position to mark your place before you looked back at me, a smile on your lips.
 
"This much." You put your arms out, nearly as wide as you could. "How much do YOU like me?"
 
"Hmm... This much!" I spread my arms out as wide I could manage (lucky me, my arms are longer than yours) while smiling, making you giggle as you sat up more, back against the headboard.
 
"Why do you like me?" You asked, patting the spot beside you to bring me closer. I complied, sliding into my rightful place, side just slightly pressed up against you as my hands found their spot behind my head.
 
"There's a lot of reasons."
 
"I have time."
 
I chuckled, eyes drifting up to the ceiling, painted a calming shade of a sugary green sugared lime I recalled you naming the color our first night at the apartment, when you decided to give a name to each pastel hue in the room. I had voted on painting it red, but you argued and said that the colors were calm and set a lighthearted aura (as I've learned the hard way, a bit too calm for cramming for an exam). A sunshine yellow, pale orange, chocolate brown, and creamy white colored each inch of the room, resembling more of a nursery rather than a room for two college students. But that one first sleepless night here, you settled on giving a rightful name to each color as we laid on the messily-made bed, fingers interlaced and limbs tired.
 
"And don't just say I like everything about you, that's cheating!"
 
"Aish, fine... I like your imagination." I started off with a small smile, still looking up at the ceiling. "It's like the author of a children's book just decided to live there, you're so bright and bubbly and childish. I like the way your eyes fill up with lights when you see something you want. I like how when you find a book that's perfect, you become completely engrossed in it, like the rest of the world doesn't exist... your eyebrows will knit up, and you'll your lips every couple of moments before carefully flipping the page, like that book was the most important thing in the world."
 
"I like your hands. They're so small and fragile, like the hand of a porcelain doll." without realizing, our fingers had found each other, interlacing and pulled together with a gentle touch. "I like the way our skin tones meet, it's like cream and coffee, that sort of vanilla flavored kind you always buy, and I drink it even though it tastes like . I like how much you like sweets, it reminds me of a little kid with a particular sweet tooth that can never be satisfied. I like your cooking, even if it tastes like ashes. I like your temper, like when you end up rage quitting and ordering Chinese takeout when the recipe goes wrong, that it's short but soft at the same time, yet I silently dread any sort of wrath you might get." we had unknowingly began to shift closer, my body hovering over yours as I look into your eyes, a blush coloring your cheeks a baby pink.
 
"I like... your lips. They're so thin, but tinted with that perfect shade of rosy pink that is so inviting. I like the way you blush, that color just short of red creeping over your high cheekbones as you avert your eyes, your tongue constantly running over your lips." my lips brush over yours, thin and plump meeting at a warm in-between that you immediately melted into. "I like your eyes. They're so deep and dark, but a light is always bringing them to this chestnut color that just radiates happiness." another kiss. "I like your kisses. They're so soft and just perfect, I could just kiss you all day." another kiss. "I like your tiny features, like you're a doll that will always be mine." another kiss, along with my fingers caressing your cheek. I opened my eyes, pulling away but our lips still brushed against each other as I stared into your partly-lidded eyes.
 
"I like you, Oh Sehun." There was a pause as your free hand thread through my hair, slender fingers rubbing the inky strands as a small smile pulled on your lips.
 
"I like you too... Kim Jongin."
 
 
 
Clothing was strewn over the floor, tossed aside carelessly as a heavy air filled the room and the scent of swear hung like smog throughout the bedroom. Unstrained moans accompanied by skin hitting skin melted into the heated atmosphere, gasps and deep breaths weighing everything down like a lead block.
 
 
 
"Sehun?"
 
There was a rustle of blankets before I heard a response falling from your lips, our limbs tired and heavy.
 
"Hmm?" my arms circle your waist, our bodies beaded with sweat pressed flush against each other as you crane your head back to see me out of the corner of your eye. Your hair, caramel tinted darker as it clung in clumps to your damp forehead, fell over your face, disheveled and messy.
 
"You never told me why you like me."
 
"Oh." you said thoughtfully, smiling gently as you nuzzled up to my chest like a baby koala. "Everything. I like everything about you."
 
"Hey! That's cheating!" I pouted, earning a giggle from you.
 
"I made the rules, remember? So I can do whatever I like!" You shot back, hands resting over my own as a sign of endearment as I sighed in exasperation, a soft chuckle bubbling up from my throat as I inhaled your sweet scent. Green tea, vanilla, and plums, I distinctly recall.
 
"You're a cheat." I sang, nipping your ear playfully, making you draw in a deep breath that morphed to a laugh as you gently hit my hands.
 
"You're silly!" You fought back weakly, only making a grin spread over my face as I tightened my hold on your thin waist.
 
"You're the silly one here!" I smiled, kissing the shell of your ear lovingly. You squeaked, wiggling against me like a restless puppy in attempts to crawl away from me. But I was relentless, resorting to my secret weapon to make you laugh. Tickling.
 
This only resulted with us being a tangle of limbs and giggles, sheets in turmoil around us from our antics. Pinned under me, you pouted as you realized that you couldn't tickle me anymore, but I also found myself incapable of getting you as well. I just laughed, your laughter quickly following mine when we realized just how childish we were being.
 
 
 
"Jongin? Can you promise me something?"
 
"Depends. If you want me to promise to never tickle you again, it's a definite no."
 
"Nooo, that's not it..." You trailed off, staring up at the ceiling before you glanced at me. I returned the look, smiling faintly at your somewhat blank expression.
 
"What is it then?"
 
"Can you... can you promise that we'll never cry?"
 
I fell silent. Your words were sudden and they shocked me, making my mind clear out for a moment. I just looked at you with a slacked jaw, processing your question.
 
"I mean, I don't want us to cry. I love it when we laugh. I don't want to feel sad with you, Jongin." You looked at me with wide, thoughtful eyes. "I don't want to ever cry with you."
 
There was a pregnant silence as I began to make sense of it all, but I finally raised my hand weakly, pinky extending. You gave me a curious look, eyebrow shooting up into your hairline.
 
"Hook your pinky with mine, Sehuna." I smiled, and you complied, thin pinky connecting to mine as a small grin pulled at your lips, our eyes meeting. "I promise. I promise that we'll never cry."
 
"Pinky promise?"
 
"Pinky promise!"