It is Time

One Way Out

 


 

" OPPA! WHERE ARE YOU?! " She shouted while hastily pushing open the door of yet another empty classroom for the upteempth time. She scanned the classroom but he, who she was frantically looking for, was nowhere to be found. Tears rolled down her cheeks as disappointment sets in her heart again. She quickly wiped off the tears with the back of her hand and looked down at the ring he gave her. She was determined to find him.

The whole group of students are looking for that one particular guy. The one whom was suddenly found missing. Quickly turning around, she moved on towards the corridor once again, continuing her search. " I know you're here somewhere, I know you're fine... I know... I just know... " She whispered to herself as an attempt to console herself. Turning the knob of the next classroom in line, ShinHye prepares herself to face yet another disappointment.

She was not the only one anxious, on the first floor, another particular individual is facing a metal breakdown too. *No, I have to find you. I was suppose to be the one! That is the only way I can see my dongsaengs again, you can't snatch that chance away from me!* HyoSung panted heavily as she looked all over the school with tears threatening to come out any moment. She looked in every single corner possible, not letting even a little detail slip from her eyes.

Deep in a corner, at the top floor of the school, someone was desperately trying to look for his hyung too. *I shouldn't have wished that you were gone! I am so sorry hyung! Please come back safely...* MinHyuk closed his eyes to prevent his tears from escaping. He took in a deep breath and continued his hunt.

*Where is this place? I don't remember having something like this in school.* He frowned as he stared into the dark staircase. He walked over to it. Nothing could be seen from there. Not a single light source was available and the staircase seemed to continue on forever. " YongHwa hyung! " MinHyuk tried his luck and called out as loudly as he could, but the only respond he got back was his echoes.

He gulped as his heart began to race. He was afraid. Very afraid. But his feet took a step up the stairs. He could feel the wind blow even though no windows was opened. His hands trembled as he reached for the handle beside the stairs. He took another step up, with the support of the railings. He couldn't stop shivering, but he got a feeling, that he will find what he was looking for after this staircase.

Slowly, bit by bit, he went up the long staircase. As if it will never end, MinHyuk began to run up the stairs, taking 2 steps at a time, he had to find his hyung as soon as possible. He panted heavily, but he didn't stop, there wasn't anytime for rest, time was precious. After what seemed like eternity, MinHyuk finally reached the top. He blinked as he tried to figure out where he was.

There was a very very long corridor, so long that he couldn't see the end of it. He began to jog forward. He was very near, he could sense it. He just have to hurry. Slowly, a silhouette was revealed. " Hyung! " He shouted to the silhouette infront. The silhouette showed no hint of wanting to respond. Thinking that he might not have heard him, MinHyuk called again, but it was a futile attempt, the silhouette just moves forward slowly at the same speed, having no intention of waiting for him.

The silhouette, namely, YongHwa, walked down the empty corridor and past the banging windows. The cooling breeze hits him softly on his face and the moonlight shone brightly, onto his uniform. Perhaps, even they feel sorry for him, and therefore decided to go easy on him before he enter that room. Once he take a step in there, there will be no chances for regrets. It will be too late.

His tie, flew up and down, up and down, along with the wind, enjoying it's last dance. He was having so much emotions all at once, happiness - he can fianlly stop wondering when it will be his turn to die; excitement - he can stay here forever, together with ShinHye; scared - does he really have the courage to jump down? And burdened - is he really willing to sacrifice himself for the safety of his friends? He is in a state of confusion. Every single step he made towards the door was filled with insecurity and uneasiness.

The door, leading to the room with no floors, was just infront of him. He could see it. And he was getting nearer and nearer. YongHwa could not see or hear any other things except for that one single door. He was slowly making his way towards death and he was scared and terrified. So near, the door was just a few metres away from him. It won't take more than a minute for him to reach despite his slow speed.

His dongsaeng, at the back, was sprinting as fast as he could towards him. Calling out to him once in a while, only to recieve the same respond, his echoes. The silhouette seemed so far away from him, as if he would never be able to reach in time, but he was determined to save his hyung, to prevent another tradegy from happening again.

*No, this is the right choice. I can stop my friends from suffering again. I can stop the killings. All I have to do is open that door.* Thinking about Min's death that they discovered yesterday, YongHwa was determined to stop all these. He took in a deep breath and began to increase his speed forward. *I can do this. What is so hard? It is just jumping.*

Every step forward, was heavy and filled with determination, but could that determination last till the last minute? The boy finally reached a stop. He turned to his right and stared into the grey big door. *As long as I can muster up my courage, all my friends will be saved!* He thought to himself, but can he be so selfless and heroic? Maybe he can. The doorknob slowly turned. A click was heard and the door was pushed opened. The screeching of the door echoed down the long corridor.

He took in a deep breath, and looked out of the window, one last time. The window panes stared back at him sadly. " No! YongHwa hyung! Don't! Please! " MinHyuk reached out his hands and tried to pulled him back. He was so close. Just a little bit more, and he would be able to reach him, he would be able to stop him, he would be able to save him. But it wasn't as easy and as close as he thought it is.

With all the courage YongHwa could muster, he took a big step forward, into the room. A rush of wind could be felt. He fell deeper and deeper down. He had just entered the room with no floors. The answer to the mystery. To sacrifice, and save your friends, jump in, and enjoy your last flight. The student closed his eyes and smiled, *Live well my friends, live for me.*

MinHyuk screeched to a stop just right infront of the door. Tears streamed down his cheeks like a running tap and he screamed in fustration. Too late. He wasn't fast enough to catch him, YongHwa was already gone .

 


 

Who do you think is the killer? Vote now! Clicky!