Chapter 2

Don't Say Goodbye...

Chapter 2 ;;


 

 

I hesitated before I agreed to him. He’s making me wear this Blue’s Clues t-shirt and I don’t want to because it’s just not cool.

 

“Please, just this once.” He pleaded and when he wore his infamous pout, I just couldn’t resist. “There, what are you frowning for? It looks awesome on you. I bet if I were to wear that, I would just look like a rag.”

 

“No, Joongie. You wouldn’t. Any rag can look expensive when you wear it.” That’s just the truth. I saw him blush and hugged me, burying his rosy face in my chest. “Why? Are you shy now?”

 

“Don’t be so mushy, idiot. My heart is beating fast.” I chuckled lightly, knowing his feelings are pure. I smiled and kissed the top of his head knowing his feelings are just for me.

 

As we stepped outside the house, I nudged his shoulder, smiling at him wide.

 

“What’s that grin for?”

 

“Until when will you love me?” I asked him.

 

“I will love you until my last breath.” I felt my heart jump out of my chest and found myself hugging him tight.

 

“What’s with all that mushiness today?” He asked me.

 

“Of course, we just got officially together yesterday, I had to be mushy.” I reasoned out.

 

“We should have been official a long time ago, if you just weren’t slow. Didn’t I make you feel that I love you enough to offer my life for you?” And he’s blaming me now but I don’t care. I am just waiting for him to confess first because I’m afraid he will reject me. Since I got him out of his parent’s chain, we’ll act lovey-dovey but will never bring up the topic of our relationship again. I know I said I am his lover but I never got an acceptance from him nor did I get a rejection so it’s just plain complicated. And for years, I waited for us to be official.

 

It’s just yesterday that I mustered all my courage and confess to him because I couldn’t stand seeing him with other man, provided they are just passer-bys. Women are not threats, though, because I know he will just go with his ‘why would I like them if I’m prettier than them’ attitude and instead of being jealous, I would just laugh at him.

 

Also, his constant ‘I like someone but I think he’s just a sweet talker and doesn’t like me’ made my stomach twist. I though he liked someone else and I thought I will be losing him.

 

It’s just yesterday that I found out that he also gets attracted to women but because of his great love for me, it turns out irrelevant. It’s also just yesterday that I found out that the ‘someone he’s been talking about is me. It’s just yesterday that we both realized that we waited for each other for so long when we could even be together before that ‘long’ even started.

 

“Yun, you’re spacing out again. Why?”

 

“It’s just… I love you so much, I could die right now.” He punched my arm and glared at me. What? Did I say something wrong?

 

“How could you even think of death? You don’t leave me alone early! I would understand if you would leave me when we’re old and probably can’t stand anymore, but don’t speak too soon. I don’t want to lose you just yet.” I learned my lesson and promised him that I won’t say that again.

 

A tear slipped out of his eyes and I felt my heart break into pieces. I don’t want to see those eyes that cry in pain before again. I don’t want him to be hurt again. He can only cry because of happiness and nothing else.

 

“Shhh… stop crying, Boo.” I wiped his tear with my thumb.

 

“Yun, don’t say that.”

 

“Never again… I’m sorry, forgive me?” He kissed the tip of my nose and I knew that’s a sign of forgiveness.

 

 

-

 

 

We reached the park and we settled the place for a little picnic. We both lay on the blanket that was spread across the grass and closed our eyes, gently hugging each other and indulging ourselves with each other’s scent.

 

I heard a faint ‘I love you until forever’ escape from his lips and I replied it with a peck full of love before we both fell into a deep slumber… well, I believe he did.

 

I heard a scream coming from somewhere I can’t distinguish where and I immediately shot my eyes up. I didn’t know how much time I was asleep but when I woke up, there’s no Jaejoong in my arms and I stood up, frantically searching for him everywhere.

 

I searched around the park and even asked a couple of people but they seemed to be ignoring me. What is happening? I couldn’t understand. Am I dead? Not. I saw a kid staring back at me as if he has seen a zombie or something.

 

The kid walked towards me and smiled nervously. He walked towards a fountain and I followed. So far, he’s the only one that didn’t ignore me.

 

“I’m blind ahjussi…” He called me ahjus―what? He’s blind? But how can he see me? “Well, I believe I’m blind but neither have I known how I could see you. It’s only you I can see and a background of a beautiful paradise. Where are we?”

 

“We’re at the park.” I told him.

 

“That explains the paradise-like surroundings.” He said. “I used to go here.”

 

“What about now?”

 

“I can’t go anymore because I’m―” He was cut off by another scream and I immediately turn my head and followed where the sound is coming. Before I am far enough from the fountain, I looked back and saw the kid gone.

 

I followed the screams that was soon replaced by constant ‘why’s and ‘no, please’. I gradually recognized the voice as the sound gets louder.

 

“Jaejoong…” I am sure that the voice is his.

 

“Jaejoong!” I called him. My feet led me to where I woke up just a while ago. Oddly enough, I wondered how the scenery changed. When I woke up, it is fine and calm but now, it’s a complete mess. Everyone is gathering around Jaejoong and I blended in, trying to look at him.

 

When I got the chance to slip, I saw him… laying there… his eyes are crying and my heart clenched again. I don’t want to see him cry. I don’t want him to get hurt. Never again…

 

I walked forward and tried to soothe him by rubbing my palm against his back but I abruptly stopped even before my palm landed on his back when I saw what he was holding…

 

No…

 

That…

 

No…

 

Just, no!

 

Jaejoong!

 

I love you!

 

 

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

 

I feel like crying. ;((