3

Every day, every night, I am missing you.

The weekends were finally here. I thanked the lord for the weekends as I scooted out of bed to prepare breakfast for the family.
After setting the table and such, I called for the family to gather at the dining table. It was a usual family routine.

Jongin rubbed his eyes as he dragged his feet over to the table. "Good morning noona.." he slurred. I messed up his hair and giggled at how adorable my little brother was. Soon enough, our family of three ate heartily. It was a warm and cosy feeling.
"Jongin-ah, do you wanna follow noona to the marketplace today?" I asked. My little brother nodded a little too eagerly. "I haven't been out except for school. Umma, can I?!!"
My mother let out an endearing smile, "Go ahead. But behave yourself when you go out, ok?"

Jongin immediately stood up and ran to the bathroom to get ready.
--------------------------------
"Noona, look! They have the latest Digimon toy! Haiyak!" Jongin squealed as he jumped to pose. I squinted my eyes and pointed to the marketplace as he hung his head and walked by my side.

The marketplace was packed with people. Of course, it was a weekend after all. People would take this time off from work to buy whatever they could to stock up their refrigerator with fresh ingredients. Jongin held onto my hand tightly, afraid that he would lose me amongst the crowd.
We walked over to the lady who tended the fruit store. I picked out a few of my mother's favourite fruits and placed them in the basket. Just as I placed my hands over a mango, another person seemed to have eyed for the same fruit. Our hands brushed against each other as the both of us pulled back. I turned to look at the person and apologised just to find out that it was Kyungsoo. "Oh, hello! I didn't realise you were here!" I beamed. Kyungsoo smiled and waved to Jongin, "I didn't know you had a little brother! Hello there! What's your name?"

Jongin raised an eyebrow, wary of the unfamiliar figure in front of him. "I'm Jongin..."

Just as Kyungsoo was about to continue, his eyes shifted towards my bag. "YAH, STOP IT" he warned. I felt a slight tug on my bag to realise that someone was prying into it. I quickly grasped onto my bag but it was too late. The thief had already ran away. Kyungsoo, out of the kindness of his will, gave chase. Jongin followed suit. It took me a good 5 seconds of staring to realise that my little brother was running to capture the thief. I began to panic and chased after my brother. It was like chain catching.
 

Kyungsoo sped up and matched his speed alongside the thief. He swung his arm out infront of the thief's head which made the thief fall on his back. Jongin and I finally caught up. I squatted as I tried to catch my breath. Kyungsoo grabbed the wallet and returned it to me. "Thank you.." I coughed. Jongin walked up to the thief and kicked him on the waist, "That'll teach you to steal from my noona. Meanie!"
Kyungsoo held his hand out to help me get up. So I grabbed on and teased, "So, apart from your daily job as a caretaker, you're also a part-time hero?" He burst into laughter. Jongin hugged Kyungsoo's legs and squealed, "Wah! Hyung! You were so awesome! You're like batman! No.. You should be owlman!"

Kyungsoo's eyes widened, "Owl man?". Jongin bit his lips and giggled, "Because you have exceptionally large eyes!"

Kyungsoo grinned and lifted Jongin up to position him on his shoulders. I smiled at the sight. Jongin needed a brother figure or at least a male figure in his life. After Sehun, there was no one to lookout for Jongin. I mean, there's me. But I have to work, so I can't put him under surveillance 24/7. Plus, my mother is getting old. Raising two children single handedly was hard enough.
"Kyungsoo, do you wanna come over for lunch? Just take it as a thank you meal for your help!" I asked. Jongin nodded in agreement, "YES, PLEASE COME!"

"Well, since you guys offered, it would be mean if i rejected. Why not?" he answered. Jongin's smile widened.
---------------------------------
"Umma, we're back!" I announced, "And I have a guest with me too!"
My mother hurried out her room and clasped her hands, "Oh! It's been a while since we had guests! Take a seat! And who are you, gentleman?"
I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen. After assorting the groceries, I took out the necessary ingredients to make lunch. Just then, Kyungsoo walked in.

"Need any help?" he asked, politely. I shook head. But he insisted. After the minutes of squabbling, I gave in. "Fine, cut these!" I said as I passed the carrots over to him. But, it was a bad idea. Soon, it was as if the kitchen was his battlefield. He was in a one-man war. I stood by the kitchen door, watching at how suave he was whilst cooking. Not wanting to disrupt his mojo, I quietly set up the table.
------------------------------------
In front of our table was a great spread. It was rather impressive, knowing that he used that small amount of ingredients to prepare such an elaborate meal.
Kyungsoo shyly bit his lip and said, "Heh, sorry. I got carried away."

Jongin was the first to tuck in. "MMMMMMMMMMM, you're a herow anf a chef. Hyung isf awesomfe" Jongin praised, with his mouth full of food. My mother and I silently nodded in agreement. The food was remarkable.
After dinner, Kyungsoo went along to play with Jongin as my mother and I cleared the table. My mother nudged me, "Seohyun-ah, he's a keeper."
"Umma!" I gasped in shock. She rolled her eyes.

"Seohyun-ah.. It's been two years. Don't you think its time for you to move on?" my mother muttered.
"Umma, you don't get it.. I will and always will love Sehun oppa and no one else. I will wait for him, no matter how long it is." I stated clearly.
My mother sighed and put her hand on my shoulder. "Then, I think I should let you know that Sehun's parents just called two hours ago. They told me to inform you that they are planning to transfer him to another hospital next Thursday. It's in Australia."
My face fell. My expression was a mix of confusion, sadness and disbelief. I was practically in denial.
"But.."
Before I knew it, tears had begun to stream down my cheeks.

*********************************

A/N: Weeeeeee, my exams are over. Gonna be updating more frequently! Please comment on my story! ^^ I love reading them <3