1

Every day, every night, I am missing you.

"I went to Lotte World with my nephew yesterday. That place reminded me so much of you. Memories of our second date came flooding in. That was one of my favourite dates! My nephew grabbed my arm, begging me to ride the Ferris wheel with him. Do you remember when we were stuck up there for almost an hour because of the power failure? You hated me so much for dragging you on that ride. You kept whining at me the whole time we were there. How I wish you'd continue whining. I wouldn't mind it. Sehunnie, I miss hearing your voice..."
"Good morning, Miss Kim! You're early today!" the nurse said, flashing her brightest smile. I smiled back and nodded, "Yeah, I didn't get to see him yesterday so I came extra early today."
I turned back to look at the motionless body on the hospital bed. My fingers interlaced with his. His eyes and lips were sealed tightly. His face remained the same. Pale as always. I swept his bangs away to look at his face, longing to see a sign of reaction. There was none.
"Sehunnie, it's been almost two years since your accident. When will you ever wake up? Do you know how much I miss you? It's like your body is here with me but you aren't." I felt my eyes burning up and tears began to well up. I brought his hand closer to me as I rested my cheek on his palm. "It's my birthday tomorrow. Do you remember?"
There was a long pause. The nurse stood by the corner, watching me sympathetically.
"I don't need anything from you. I just want you back. I want you to wake up. You'll be able to fulfil my birthday wish right?" I sniffed and looked up to the ceiling to prevent any more tears from rolling down my cheeks. The nurse informed me about Sehun's scheduled clean up, so I kissed Sehun on his cheek and left the hospital.
------------
♬~ Noona neomu yeppo~
"Hello?" I answered the call.
"Is this Miss Kim Seohyun? This is Bang Yongguk from Mato inc. I would like to congratulate you for getting the job." the man with the deep voice said. I grinned from ear to ear at the thought of my new job. I thanked the boss repeatedly and eventually hung up. I immediately hopped onto the nearest bus to get back home.
---------------
My mother hugged me tightly into her loving arms and congratulated me on landing the job.
For dinner, we had a simple yet delicious meal. Of course, my mum had piled up my bowl till it was full. "No fair. Noona has more food on her plate! Obviously, no one loves me in this family." my little brother, Jongin whined in jealousy. I chuckled at him and pinched his cheeks, "Aigo, noona is the only one working to raise this family, without food, I won't have energy to work!"
Jongin stuck out his tongue at me and looked away. He lifted a piece of chicken and placed it on my bowl, "Working is hard, so eat more. Noona fighting!" My mother and I laughed hysterically. He was really thoughtful for someone his age.
---------------
"I am going to attach you to your co-worker, Do Kyungsoo. He will teach you what you need to know for your job. Good luck on your first day!", Yongguk said as he walked off to attend other important affairs.
In front of me stood a guy with big round eyes and a charming smile, "Hello, I'm Kyungsoo! You're Seohyun right?". I nodded shyly.
Kyungsoo showed me around the enormous toy store and brought me to my station. Since this was the biggest child care centre in all of Korea, everybody had a station to take care of.
Hours had passed and many kids had been horsing around with the toys. I was practically dead beat trying to control them but Kyungsoo still seemed as cheery. I leaned closer to Kyungsoo and whispered, "How do you do this everyday?"
Kyungsoo stopped playing with the kids and turned to look at what a mess I had become and burst into fits of laughter. "Looks like you're the one that needs to be looked after. Come on, silly, I'll bring you to the washroom."
-------------------
Finally the day had ended. I was exhausted. Who knew kids could be so hard to please?
I dragged my feet to the nearest bus stand and waited for the bus.
Just then, a motorbike halted right in front of me. "Need a lift?" Kyungsoo smiled. I thought about it for a brief second and agreed. "Where to?" he asked.
"Springtime Hospital."

 

 

*A/N: My kyungsoo and Sehun feels have been acting up a lot lately. Anyway, I apologise for this boring first chapter. I just wanted to get it over and done with. x)

 

Plus, this song was inspired by d.o & ryeowook's duet. If you haven't heard it yet, please do! You'll love it ^^