Chapter 3

Loki, God of Mischief

 

 

You guys know what to do - subscribe and comment ;) or I'll delete the story hahaha


 

Chapter 3

“I’m pregnant with your child.”

Kris slammed the glass onto the kitchen island. He didn’t care if it cracked. Right now he was glaring at his fridge, his breathing harsh. The 22-year-old roughly wiped his lips. Still glaring he turned around and narrowed his sharp eyes at the face of an innocent young girl - woman.

“Let me get this straight…you’re pregnant?” Kris seethed and she nodded, “and you’re telling me it’s mine?”

Loki nodded again. “Yes, it is yours. Have I not said it clearly?”

Loki somehow felt offended by the man’s tone (although she was silently admiring the handsome face with y bed hair). She crossed her arms. This mortal should be grateful that she…he Loki, prince of Asgard, the God of Fire was willing to carry his child. The man dragged her into this room, sat her on a stool before opening that big metal box that emitted light (she meant the fridge). And the way he slammed the glass onto the table made her want to strangle something.  

Kris stared at the woman, his face scrunched up in disgust and disbelief. He willed himself to calm down. This was not happening. Nothing made sense! How could he impregnate her when he didn’t have any recollection of bedding her? He was still too young to be a father!

Wait, did he sleep with her before? He swore he had never met her – who could possibly forget a face like this beauty? And he was not the type to sleep around! The number of girls he had brought to bed could be counted with his fingers.

“Hold up. I’m not buying this ,” Kris grumbled. “Tell me the truth now, Miss…Loki; I know for sure we’ve never met before. Did someone pay you to tarnish my name? So what, how much did they pay you? Or did that bao zi Kim Minseok put you up to this? Or did that prankster Kim Jongin put you up? I swear those two are never up to any good. Is that it? This is a prank, right? Who the hell are you anyway? I don’t think Loki is even your real name! You-“

“ENOUGH!”

And Kris was tongue-tied when he caught sight of fire – literally – on the lady’s hands. She was standing up now and was pointing a fiery (and blue) long finger at his face across the island. Kris gulped. Okay, she meant serious business. 

“How…dare…you…” Kris heard she hissed. Oh damn, he pissed her off.

If it wasn’t for the table separating them, he thought she would surely not hesitate to burn him. Those eyes now looked menacing and he feared for his life. Funny how most things didn’t scare him but a woman was able to make his blood ran cold.

Loki never expected someone could agitate her like this. It was as if dealing with Thor with his arrogance and stupidity all over again. Her head throbbed from the anger she felt and from the harsh rejection from this man (that she came to admire). She couldn’t even begin to fathom this man’s strange language. Without thinking, her fire was already out and her hand was already aiming for the man’s throat. If she bent forward, she couldn’t guarantee that his beautiful hair will survive.

“You dare accuse me of promiscuity? Do you even know to whom you are speaking to? I am Loki, the God of Mischief and you should be blessed that I am willing to carry your offspring, human,” Loki spat coldly. She could feel tears prickling at her eyes. Blasted pregnancy hormones! It was not as if she meant for it to happen. Well, she blamed it on her loose tongue that she prophesied her own fate.

Kris watched as her eyes started to leak. That menacing face suddenly didn’t look so menacing to him now as she sniffled. Thank God, she made the blue fire gone. Now, she looked just as vulnerable as when he found her. A feeling overcame Kris – an emotion he only felt a few times...a long time ago – guilt. Kris felt burdened and helpless. He could never handle a crying woman; he’d rather be given an impossible project. At least, he knew how to work things out with strong basis.

Silently, Kris poured some water into his glass and offered it warily to the woman. Gladly, she accepted.

Loki murmured a small gratitude. Kris manoeuvred his way in front of Loki and took her free hand, leading her back into the living room. He decided to just treat Loki like how he treated his mother. They sat silently on the sofa. Kris’ hand was still holding onto hers, rubbing slow circles. Kris studied her face.

Loki drank the water and put the half empty glass onto the low table in front of her. She appreciated the kind gestures. Being pregnant made her wanted to be pampered. She knew the young man was confused and he deserved the truth. 

“It’s not as if I wanted to be with child in the first place. But I don’t regret my words. Before I come here…I should really tell you what you should know,” Loki began – suddenly feeling tired.

“Go on,” Kris encouraged softly. He already knew that there was something…not human about this girl but wanting to believe that this is Loki, the very character he just read off a book the night before, a figure of the Norse Mythology…was just too hard for him. “I’m Kris, by the way. And I’m sorry I got angry at you.”

Loki smiled. She felt she could trust this man. Humans were selfish creatures but she was willing to see light in Kris. It wasn’t long until Loki spilled everything about her, starting from her fascination with this realm, her spat with her brother, her angry prophecy, her changing into a woman to her waking up in Kris’ bedroom and finally to her finding out that she was carrying a small life in her body.

“And I do not know how long this pregnancy will last,” Loki sighed. “All I wanted was freedom. I truly apologise to you, Mister Kris.”

The whole time he was listening to her story, he didn’t know what to think. It sounded way too farfetched but he couldn’t deny it sounded plausible and the more he analysed – she could be saying the truth. If his book contained legit truth…

“Prove it,” Kris said. His voice was barely audible but Loki could catch it.

“Prove that you are really…who you said you are,” Kris repeated, louder. Loki titled her head.

“What do you want me to do?”

“Do what Loki can do,” Kris said. The sentence was somehow condescending but Kris managed to deliver it without. He was half expecting the woman to back out but he was surprised to see a smirk on that face.

“I accept your challenge then,” Loki said chuckling. Oh, how she loved games! “I will show you my male form.”

Kris almost scoffed at the idea. You got to admit, it sounded ridiculous if you said it out loud. But he tried to look indifferent. He knew the Norse God Loki was known for his ability to shape-shift. A part of him still wanted to send this unexpected guest to a mental hospital.

Kris suddenly felt Loki’s fingers on his face, cupping his jaw and stayed there. Loki’s smirk looked conniving. Loki’s big doe eyes were silently conveying a strong message and Kris almost thought he could hear it.

‘Look closely’

“Oh …”

‘Man, this is real,’ Kris thought. Several more voices popped into his head to the point he couldn’t discern when one voice started and when another stopped.

“Do you believe me now?”

It was a girl sitting by him a few seconds before but now she was replaced by an entirely different person. That fact didn’t really bother him. What freaked him out was watching her transformation – her body shifting, the edges of her face distorting and her hair de-growing…and now there was a ‘he’! That deep voice was no mistaking for a woman, even if the face didn’t suit it.

Well, he was after all a human. And humans had the knack of rejecting something by shutting down the body system.

The next thing young Kris Wu knew was waking up to a crying pregnant Goddess.

~~

Yeah, his shock had passed and he was back to being the dull and grumpy Kris Wu. They were now in the kitchen again and Kris just finished gulping down the last of his water in embarrassment.

‘I swear, we’re not gonna talk about this – not ever,” Kris growled at a laughing Loki. The God shifted back to his female form when Kris was out.

“Mister Kris, I did not expect you to faint,” Loki said, wiping a stray tear from laughing too much. These pregnancy hormones were playing with her emotional stability. One time, she was crying over worrying; now she was crying from inability to stop laughing. It wasn’t even that close to funny! But they were all genuine emotions.

All that passed between them was Loki’s softening giggles – surfacing and stopping randomly. But she then stopped abruptly and Kris widened his eyes. Her eyes were even wider.

A hybrid between a rumble and a croak escaped the woman’s stomach – loud and clear. Kris darted his eyes to the face of the sheepish woman before he let out a guffaw.

“Oh, I guess I’m really hungry,” Loki said softly – a soft blush on her smiling cheeks.

“Yeah, that was quite a battle cry,” Kris said. No one had ever made him laugh so hard and surprised him so hard. “Guess you need to eat for two people from now on, huh?”

“Mister Kris, do you want to touch the child?”

Kris literally just stared at her as she got up from the chair. It wasn’t that her beauty stunned him (well, it was because of that too). No one has ever made him felt so confused with his own emotions. She stared up at him with those wide expressive eyes and this was supposed to be the God of Lies? How could someone that looked so innocent be known for such title?

‘Looks can be deceiving…’ a voice whispered into his conscience.

“May I…?” Kris heard himself asked. All Loki did was gave him a blinding smile – all teeth – and took his hand, placing it gently on her stomach.

Kris was surprised when he could feel a slight bump. But his questions were held in – he didn’t want to ruin this perfect moment.

“If I’m right, Mister Kris, this babe grows fast and this is already about 4 months of age. I think, after some time, the growth will slow down,” Loki whispered.

Kris hummed. He was too fascinated with the baby bump. He was already feeling sort of attached to it – he was going to be a father. Here he was, standing with a beautiful woman, his hand protectively placed on her pregnant stomach with her smaller hand placed atop his much larger one. He was going to be a father!

“Kris,” he whispered back, “just call me Kris.”

“You’ll have to call me Chanyeol from now on,” Loki – now Chanyeol – winked. “No one should know I’m Loki, the great Silvertongue.”

Kris chuckled at her cheeky response.

“Now, let’s get something to eat.”