Chapter 2

Loki, God of Mischief

Subscribe or comment - or I'm deleting this story lol


Chapter 2

“Oh my God…”

On instinct, Kris rushed and kneeled by the unknown woman. He couldn’t see the woman’s face as she lay frozen by her side; her ginger wavy hair covered her face. The girl was only clothed in what looked like a very thin dress.    

Oh, she better not be dead on his precious balcony.

His hands hovered panicky over the girl’s body. Finally, it struck him in the face. He should be making sure the girl was really…not dead. Hastily, he tried to not be rough as he swept the female’s hair aside.

Soft…

He froze when he saw her face. His fingers that touched the girl’s pale face tingled and he felt something surged through his arms and his vision suddenly spun. But he snapped out of it quickly.

What just happened?

He averted his eyes from the girl’s enchanting face and placed his fingers on her neck.

“Thank god,” he sighed when he felt the even beat against the pad of his index. But why wasn’t she moving? He made a mistake by looking at the sleeping beauty’s face. 

Something caught in his stomach when he saw fresh tear trail down the unblemished cheeks. He needed to bring this girl inside. No one in their right mind would leave a defenceless maiden outside in this cold weather. She didn’t seem to look older than him. He’d interrogate this lady later. Oh believe me; he had a lot of questions.

Carefully, Kris scooped the girl into his arms, fidgeting to adjust her body against his and gaining his balance as he slowly stood. Hmm, the girl was light…

Soft wind blew against them - and the angel’s hair in his arms - and her head somehow founded a secure place against Kris’s shoulder when he adjusted her. The 22-year-old man couldn’t seem to not look at that peacefully sleeping face of the female.

Kris’s second mistake – his eyes suddenly landed onto the woman’s chest…and God save him.

The thin material hid nothing from his eyes. Pale and voluptuous s tempted him and pert pink s made his throat dry. He watched as the pale green clothing provided no protection against his own chest as he felt the woman’s pressed close. He could feel.   

Kris strode hastily into his living room, through the dark hallways and into his big bedroom and laid the vulnerable girl onto his bed finally covering her up with his thick duvet.

His expression was hard as he silently walked out of the room and ran all the way into the toilet on the other side of his apartment – away from the sleeping stranger. He slammed the bathroom door, not caring if he woke anybody. He gripped at the marble sink counter and stared at his own reflection. His heart was racing and his face felt hot. In fact, his whole body felt hot.

, he was half hard.

Angrily, Kris turned the water tap and cupped the running water, splashing cold water to his heated cheeks. He didn’t care if the water was biting at his skin. He needed to clear his mind. He was raised with good manners.

He was not a man who harboured disrespectful thoughts to a woman, much less a woman he did not know of her origin or identity!

Finally calming down, Kris silently pondered in his thoughts. Where the hell did she come from? Did someone mug her and throw her to his balcony thinking she was dead?

But there were no signs of struggle or any injuries he could see. Well, from what he could see. Besides, his luxurious apartment was located on the top of a 12th-floor building and he basically owned the rooftop. He lived in a rich residential area with a tight security. No one could just walk up into his place without strict examination from the security guards. Theory 1 – rejected.

Then where did she come from?

She couldn’t just appear out of nowhere. There was that strange light, wicked tornado and the out-of-nowhere thunderstorm. Was that her shriek he heard? …Nah, that sound was closer to the sound of a banshee – not human. She might fell off a plane…? Theory 2 – somehow accepted.

Then there was that one thought of his...

For one her clothes didn’t look…normal. He recalled she was wearing something like a dress – a really thin dress – and an equally thin cloak was it? Who wore cloaks these days? He remembered seeing intricate patterns in silver from her wrist to the elbow of her thin arms of her sad excuse of a dress. And there was an antique looking locket she wore nestling snugly on the…valley of her s. She looked like something out of the Victorian England era. Beautiful could not be enough to define her…perfection. Her body was tempting. So the question was…was she an angel that fell down to earth?

Kris heard himself scoffed.

Theory 3 – ridiculous.

“Man, this is annoying,” Kris muttered. His head was throbbing from all the swirling thoughts. If there was one thing he definitely loathed, it was - not knowing. He wished he could just wake her up and make her spill everything about her existence.

Kris closed the toilet door quietly. His face cool and dry, but his blonde locks were damp and some were stuck to his forehead. He was trying to calm his temper, glaring at his still open balcony.

His perfectly planned night – ruined. For the rest of the night, the perfectionist Kris Wu spent his time cleaning up all the mess from the earlier chaos. It took him about an hour making his apartment looked like how it was before – closing his balcony glass doors too. The things he could not save all went into the kitchen’s rubbish bin. Satisfied with his work, Kris decided to just sleep.

Then he was reminded by one fact.

His huge apartment only had one room – one master bedroom – and that was his bedroom. That one room where the unknown angel was currently sleeping in.

Kris felt like wanting to introduce his palm to his face. He couldn’t possibly sleep in his own comfortable bed even if it could contain 3 adult bodies. 

Kris grunted. He modified the whole structure of the apartment to suit his taste.

One bedroom.

Kris wasn’t one to regret his decisions so sulkily he crept into the room, trying to be as discreet as possible as he pulled his clean spare blanket from his closet and took a pillow from his bed.

As he glanced at the woman, he saw that she was as he left him. What was she, a stone? Kris even scowled at her before making his way grudgingly into the living room, making a makeshift bed on his biggest sofa.

All his life he had never slept on the sofa before.

Kris sighed. These were all new to him. Thank God tomorrow was Saturday. How bad could it go after this?

Oh, he was in for a surprise.

~~

Gasping, she blinked her eyes open and instinctively stood up in a defensive stance. Her ears perked up and her eyes wide - looking for that one source that alerted her. Her magick surged at through her core and blue fire erupted and hovered atop of her outstretched palms.

The sound continued to terrorise her hearing and she growled. But nothing came charging at her. Her eyes finally found the source of the horrifying beeping sound. Instantly, the fire died out.

Cautiously, she stepped forward towards the white box with blaring red numbers on its one black surface. Loki poked the thing cautiously, her hand retracting back quickly but all that happen was only the annoying sound still not stopping. Loki dropped her defensive stance when she was finally sure that the box was harmless…but it was extremely nerve- grating.

Cocking her head, Loki picked up the metal box and caressed it with her dainty finger. Her curious finger accidentally pressed the bump on top of the box (it was the snooze button). Just then the sound stopped and surprised, Loki almost dropped it. Her eyes widened.

“What in the name of Hela is this creature called?” she mused, her voice excited. She giggled. But then she remembered where she was.

Gasping she twirled around and properly inspected where she was. She was in a room – smaller than her own room but it looked almost as luxurious as a prince’s chambers.

“What realm is this?” Loki frowned. For what Loki has read all her life, this place did not look like Alfheim or Svartalfheim nor is this Jotenheim and Muspelheim. It didn’t even look like Vanaheim! And none of the undead of Niflhel tried to attack her! Everything was quiet…and calm. It unnerved the Goddess.   

“By the life of Yggdrasil, where am I?”

Loki found a door and opened it. And she stared directly into a big mirror on a wall.

“Oh dear, I look so dishevelled,” Loki jutted out her perfect red lips. This disguise was as good as others.

She then found a bowl that seemed to be embedded onto a counter. Her eyes lighted.

“This is a washing basin,” she murmured. “So this must be the washing room.”

Loki continued her exploration, sat silently for about 5 minutes in a squeaky clean bathtub then almost scalded her skin when she twisted a metal knob that sprayed her with hot water. She got her dress soaked and Loki clicked her tongue. It was unlikely for her to be this ungraceful.

                With a flick of her wrist, she changed her clothes, one that resembled her male form’s daily clothing – a loose cotton white cotton shirt, black training pants and knee-high leather boots. She then realised that she needed an extra layer for her s.

                Loki exited the bathroom and found another door. Let’s just say, she saw lots of clothes – male clothes and instantly panicked. She had seen these sort of clothing many times before, granted only similar. It then finally clicked into her genius mind.  

                Her inner magick performed a test on her body, reading any abnormality. The result made her gasped silently.

Another door finally led her to a hallway that brought her to a spacious room (the living room). She needed to find one thing to confirm her suspicion. And she found it.  

                “Midgard,” she breathed as her long slim legs brought her to a sleeping figure on a light grey long couch. The soft morning sun shone through a big glass wall and highlighted the features of a handsome face. The man was frowning in his sleep – the light disturbed him. Loki slowly kneeled by the stranger, shielding him and his face smoothen. Loki watched the man’s face in wonder.   

“A mortal man”

~~

Kris woke up when he felt something on his face. His brain was already working but his eyes rejected to open. He groaned feeling annoyed that his sleep was disturbed. He didn’t remember hearing his alarm beeping. Wait…

His body felt sore.

His bed felt small.

And his bed felt lumpy.

And something was tracing his face.

And someone was giggling.

Oh , it wasn’t a dream?

The event from last night rushed into his head willingly and he cracked his eyes open, squinting from the bright light. Yup, he was on the couch. Kris groaned again, sitting up. His eyes widened when a beautifully smiling face was in his face.  

“Whoa!” Kris scrambled away. He winced when he heard something cracked – his body felt sore! Oh no, he could see those s. What was up with this woman and exposing her body?

A bright tinkling laugh rang in the air. And Kris couldn’t help feeling slightly calm and amazed. He stared at the lady. The light made a halo around her body. Her smile…her smile! She was smiling at him and he noticed the perfect teeth and dimple on her left cheek. He stared at those brown eyes.

He was speechless…

The woman was still smiling when he felt her hands smoothing his hair. What?

Kris was frozen.

“Hello,” he finally heard she said – her voice reminded him of sunshine, spring and bells jingling in the wind, “my name is Loki and I’m pregnant with your child.”

“…………”

What did she just say?