Chapter 2

Seducing the Cold-hearted Idol

 

[Nikki’s POV]

 

 

“Nikki, Ella’s here” I heard mom call then I heard footsteps walking down the stairs.

 

 

“Nikki, we’re sorry. We just don’t want you to get hurt. Please forgive us. We want you to know yourself because it breaks our hearts seeing you in pain” Ella said through the door. She’s right, I shouldn’t be angry to them.

 

 

“I know, just leave me alone. I want to be alone. Please” I answered.

 

 

“Ok, I’m leaving, but please remember that you have friends and that we’re willing to lend our shoulders for you to cry on” she said and was about to leave, but I opened the door and I wasted no time and grabbed her to a tight hug.

 

 

“Please stay” I whispered.

 

 

“I will”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[Jae’s POV]

 

 

“What is this?!” James, my manager, threw the news paper in front of me. I know what he’s furious about.

 

 

“That is what it is” I answered coldly.

 

 

“Is this true?” he asked, this time he’s calm.

 

 

“Yes” I answered while I continue scanning a Magazine.

 

 

“And you never told me?” he asked. I knew he was angry, but he was controlling himself from bursting.

 

 

“It wouldn’t be called a ‘secret wedding’ if you knew” I answered. It’s not that I’m disrespectful; I just don’t see the point of staying single in the eyes of the public, like what he wanted.

 

 

He sighed. “Fine, I can’t do anything about this. What do you want now?” he asked while massaging his temple.

 

 

“If people won’t accept us, then I will quit” I said, this time I met his eyes.

 

 

Yes, I was willing to give up everything just to be with her… Jessica, my wife. I might not be visible, but I felt great fear at that time; fear of losing my fame, fear of losing my job. Singing is my first love and my passion ever since Nikki, my friend-sister told me how great my voice was. I can’t help but smile everytime I remember that moment.

 

 

*Flashback*

 

 

“Oppa, what’s a song” the 3-year old Nikki asked. I was sitting on a swing, while she sat on my lap.

 

 

“That’s what singer sing” I answered.

 

“Singer?” she looked, her beautiful innocent eyes looking at me with confusion.

 

 

“Like Michael Jackson” I said.

 

 

“Oh! Can you sing me a song, oppa?” she asked in her cute puppy eyes.

 

 

“Sure” I laid her head and my shoulder and started to sing my favorite song. By then, being a singer wasn’t in my wildest dreams.

 

 

“You have the most beautiful voice I’ve ever heard” she said.

 

 

“Really?” I asked, I don’t know why despite her ignorance, I still got to accept her compliment.

 

 

“Yes, better that Michael Jackson’s. Are you gonna be a singer when you grew old?” she asked.

 

 

“I want to be a Lawyer like dad, but if you want me to be a singer, then I’ll be a singer when I grow up” I said while messing her hair.

 

 

“Yes, I want you to be a singer”

 

 

*End of Flashback*

 

 

Since then, I started to love singing and eventually become a passion and a dream.

 

 

Speaking of which, I remembered receiving an invitation for my baby girl’s 18th birthday. I can’t believe seeing her again after 10 years.

 

 

“Hello mom, I’m going home for Nikki’s birthday” I called mom to inform her beforehand.

 

 

“Don’t bother, the party was cancelled, bye” she said coldly, then hanged up.

 

 

Wow, that was mean.