Chapter 7

6 Humans = 6 Changes (Sequel to 6 Genies = 6 Wishes) (Discontinued)

I am exhausted.

That was what went through my mind over and over again as I took, one step after another, towards a destination I have yet to determine. It was already past three in the afternoon, and that means I have been walking aimlessly for three hours. I couldn't go find Yongguk, it wasn't time for his shift yet. I couldn't go find Myungsoo, he's having lessons right now. I absolutely can't find Himchan, he probably thinks I'm weird and hates me for life. I just ditched Daehyun, and Jongup? Well, I don't even know where Jongup is.

Heaving a long sigh, I stopped to take a look at my surroundings. I was in the middle of a street, the shops surrounding me on both sides either closed down or in renovation. This was definitely not something I should see in the city. Just how long have I walked?

Turning around in circles, I tried to make up a decision on which way I should go. There was not a single soul around for me to ask for directions either, so in the end I relied on my instincts and went to my left. However, not even taking five steps away from my previous spot, a loud shout that echoed down the alley caught my attention and had me pause my movements. I stayed frozen on the spot, craning my neck to listen for the sound I previously heard. After several seconds of waiting and not hearing a single thing, I concluded it was probably just my stupid brain playing a trick on me and was about to start walking again when the sound of glass shattering against concrete resounded through the alley.

Okay, now that wasn't just my imagination. 

This time, the noises followed one another. There were multiple people shouting and cursing, the sound of metal against metal and more curses. Only an idiot would not be able to tell that a fight was going on. But an even bigger idiot would go and check what was happening.

And sadly to say, I was that idiot.

Today wasn't a very good day, and to add on to the fact that my mind is not in the right state nowadays due to the genie's lookalike appearing out of nowhere, I found my legs guiding me to the source of chaos despite my brains practically screaming at me to turn around.

Just when I was about to turn the corner and peep to see just what was causing such a loud racket, a guy came running out, flying past me so quickly I was taken by surprise. However, it didn't stop just there, because after him came another, and then another, and before long a whole group of them was running out like a pack of sheep. Thoroughly startled, I held my breath and stood still, eyes following them as they ran past me, not one of them even bothering to give me a second glance.

But just when I thought keeping quiet and standing frozen on the spot would prevent me from getting noticed, one of them who probably wasn't looking at where he was going collided into me. And boy was the impact hard, because I felt myself getting knocked off my feet whereas he came tumbling forward. My bare arms scraped the floor and I felt a stinging sensation, mild yet painful, shoot up my arms. I never was one to have high pain tolerance. 

"Bloody hell," The guy who knocked into me cursed. I turned my head to look at him just in time to see him turn to look at me. But that lasted only for awhile because in less than a second, he was up and running again, paying no attention towards the deep gash on his arm and the open wound on his forehead. 

But that wasn't the reason why I was staring at him, no. It wasn't his wounds, or the blood that seeped through it. It wasn't the fact that he knocked into me and didn't say sorry, or that his clumsy actions has led to me suffering an unwanted injury. As I stared after his running form among the others, as I stared after his figure despite the many others running past me, the only thing being processed in my mind was his face. His face which I only got a second to glimpse at.

"No..." I whispered, assuring myself though the truth was clear. And just like lighting, the truth was starting to dawn on me, taking up residence in every fibre of my body and filling every corners of my brains. My once dazed eyes turned into one of utter realization, and I found myself standing up in spite of the searing pain in my ankle. With my eyes still fixed on his silhouette, getting further and further away with each step he took, I shook my head in denial.

"No,no, no, no, no. It can't be," I mumbled, feeling desperate, confused, shocked, and dissapointed all at once."Oh god, please no."

It wasn't the fact that I saw another lookalike that had me feeling like this. But it was the fact that this lookalike, who used to be the most principled, the most righteous, the most decent and ethical man I have ever met, had become everything he used to be strongly against. He had become the one thing he hated the most, and the complete opposite of who he once was.

Yoo Youngjae is a delinquent.

---

The feeling of not being able to tell anyone about my problems because I know they never will be able to understand me . And I walked home with that stupid emotion inside of me, caged within and eating me inside out. I want to shout it out to the world, all the frustration and confusion I was feeling right now, but just who in the world would understand? Who in the world would actually believe me?

Those six idiots. Gone for four freaking years and they can't even send some kind of letter, a message, a stupid signal. And then all these situations started happening. Obviously I can't just ignore it. What kind of coincidence allows me to see all five genies in less than two weeks when they have been gone for four years without a single trace? That's right. There can't be a coincidence like that, because this is no coincidence.

"Are you freaking playing with me right now!" I seethed, growling out those words through clenched teeth.

The girl who was walking a few feet infront of me, probably around my age as I see it, turned around to give me a weird look. Realising I might have said it a bit too loudly for people around me to hear, I clamped my lips shut, ducking my head and avoiding her judging eyes.

However, I have yet to calm the raging emotions inside me. Even by the time I have reached the vicinity leading to my house, walked past the several bodyguards patroling the area, and made it to the basement of my apartment building, it felt that rather than calming myself down through the walk home, it seems as though the mindless stroll has resulted in more emotions rolling into my mind.

"Genies," I scoffed as I waited impatiently for my elevator, a bitter and mocking smile playing on my lips.

"A fan of aladdin, I see."

My head shot up at the unexpected voice, and I came face-to-face with the girl whom had been walking in front of me and had given me the odd look due to my outburst. Now that I am able to see her up-close and with the bright lights shining down on us, I realise she was peculiarly attractive.

The first thing that stood out was her hair. It was dyed a queer dark khaki colour, and if it was me I would have looked like a girl trying to camouflage in a forest and failing badly. However, she managed to pull the colour off, giving her a wilder impression which is a stark contract to her physique and features. She was rather short in height, with eyes that sparkles with amusement. Her pale lips curve upwards on both side, seemingly playful yet...knowing?

"Hellooo? Earth to whoever you are?" She crooned, waving her free hand in front of me. Her other hand was holding on to a laptop bag, though judging by the way it was buldging unevenly at the sides, I'm thinking the things inside it is most definitely not a laptop.

"Oh," I knocked out of my vague state, focusing on her and her only."What was that again?"

"I said, you must be a fan of aladdin," She repeated, though not at all annoyed. Just enlightened.

"And what makes you say that?" I asked, sincerely curious to how she came up with that conclusion.

She raised her eyebrows."You were mumbling the word 'genie' when you walked in."

My breath caught in my throat, and my mind went blank for a moment. And then I burst out laughing."Right, that. I just came across a book about it."

At that time, the elevator gave a soft sound, indicating it has arrived on the first floor. The doors opened, and the both of us walked in, her first before me.

"Which floor?" She asked, and I told her my apartment floor number. She pressed the number that was higher than mine by three.

"How long have you been living here?" I asked, wondering why I have never seen her before.

"Six years," She replied, leaning against the silver walls of the lift.

I smiled and nodded."I've never seen you before, as weird as that sounds. I'm Haejin."

"Jaekyung, and I've seen you before. Once," A smile followed after that, and I chuckled at her attempt to joke around.

"So you believe in genies?" She suddenly asked.

Not expecting her to return to our previous topic on genies, I was takenaback for a moment or two."Uh, no-"

"No?" She questioned before I can finish my sentence.

"I mean," I paused. Is it alright for me to say yes?

Jaekyung stared at me expectantly.

"I don't know," I finally said, settling on that answer between yes and no.

The elevator signaled that I have reached my apartment floor, and I walked from my end of the corner to the front. As the door opens, I stepped out of it and turned around, wanting to wave goodbye.

"You should though," She said instead."You should believe in genies."

I stared at her, my hands frozen in midair.

What?

 I processed what she had said, and thought of the 'what ifs' and 'could it bes'.

"They might be real," She shrugged with a light smile, and raised her hands to wave goodbye. 

I on the hand was unable to return that wave. Is she just saying this without any knowledge of anything? But looking at her eyes as the elevator doors sealed shut, the image of her apprehending gaze puts me at doubt.

I let out a breath of air, swallowing my saliva and turning my attention away from the metallic doors of the elevator. Shaking my head while letting out another sigh, I willed my legs to move towards my house, feeling a headache fast approaching.

I am so exhausted.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

updated! so, youngjae has finally made his appearance, though its nothing too shocking since most of their current personalities and life are already released in the foreword. 

however, we have a new character in this fanfic, and that's jaekyung, which is also nameisjess's character! because she helped me out, along with many other kindred souls, to pick a title for this sequel and hers was chosen, i have decided to show my appreciation by giving her a spot in this story! she'll be taking up quite a lead role in this story, so please anticipate her.

also, please do watch out for my new story that is coming out soon. probably around the following week since i am busy with work (gotta earn myself some pocket money >u<) i talked about the new group that had caught my interest, and some of you have guessed it right. i'm having a hard time trying to decide on a male lead though, since you know, there's quite a few of them.

in the meantime, go check out b.a.p's new music video 1004 if you haven't, though i'm pretty sure all of you already have c: my heart broke watching zelo, it felt like a mother watching her so get married away idek.