Chapter 4

6 Humans = 6 Changes (Sequel to 6 Genies = 6 Wishes) (Discontinued)

So let’s just say I really did get a phone call from Ilhwa, Himchan's female manager, and was told I really was getting my breakfast reward with him.

"When again?" I asked, busy grabbing stuff and placing it into my bag. I was late for school, as usual.

"This Saturday morning, the cafe nearest to the entertainment building. Is that alright?" She asked from over the phone.

I slung my bag over my shoulders and hurried out, one hand holding my phone and the other fumbling for the door."You didn't have to really reward me. I understand if Himchan is busy."

"Oh no, he's not always busy. And I owe it to you, Himchan does too. So it’s all set?"

"Yeah, I guess it is," I mumbled, presseing urgently for the lift.

"Alright!" She chirped."I'm busy now but you've got my number so call me if you need, uh, anything."

"Sure," I replied and after a mutual goodbye we both hung up the phone. I sighed as I dialled for Myungsoo.

"Where are you?" Myungsoo asked first thing when he picked up.

"I'm rushing over now. Is professor there yet?" I asked.

"Nope, it seems like he's rushing late too. And I heard there will be someone coming for a talk or something."

"Really? Another scholar?" I bumped into someone in the subway and bowed in apology.

"Yeah, but I hear talks that he's young."

I chuckled."How young can he be?"

"Who knows, there are Einstein kids out there. Oh hey, prof's here. Hurry up," Myungsoo said and then hung up the phone without a goodbye.

I sneered at his rudeness and entered the train, crowding with the other people. Fifteen minutes later and I was jogging down the hallways of my school towards my homeroom. I opened the door and thank god the professor was making a speech so the students couldn't hear me and neither was the professor observant to see me come in.

I crept silently over to my seat and settled down quietly next to Myungsoo. He eyed me for a quick second before going back to jotting down notes.

"Alarm clock again?" Myungsoo mumbled.

"Yeah," I whispered back.

"Ms. Haejin-sshi!" A voice boomed throughout the silent room.

I jumped in my seat and my head snapped up."Yes?"

"Late again, I see," He squinted at me over the edge of his glasses.

I grinned sheepishly."I'm sorry."

He shook his head and sighed. Just at that moment, a staff member came into the room, grabbing Professor's attention. They had a silent talk going on and the Professor nodded before the staff member went out.

"Today, we'll be joined by a special student. He's from Cheonhwa University, and also the son of GilIn Coorperations," The Professor introduced.

The hall of student burst into hushed whispers with the mention of the said corporation he came from.

"Isn't GilIn the very wealthy company?" I asked Myungsoo.

He smirked in amusement."You mean the wine production company?"

I rolled my eyes."Yeah, and their well off no?"

Myungsoo shrugged."I guess so."

The double doors to our homeroom opened again, and the room fell silent when a young man, dressed in a clean cut, all black suit, with a dark blue tie and polished black shoes, came walking into the room.

I squint my eyes as he walked past my row, failing at getting a glimpse of his face and only managing to get a look at the back of his head. Seeing his size, he was somewhat at the shorter side but had a pretty toned body, his biceps showing slightly through his suit.

As he reached the stage, he gave Professor a ninety-degree bow and mumbled something to him before replacing him and taking his spot at the front desk.

I dropped the pen in my hand when I'm finally granted permission to glace at his face. Myungsoo reached down to help me pick it up and handed it to me but I paid no attention.

"Haejin?" Myungsoo called, but my eyes were transfixed on the guy who just walked in.

"Good morning. I'm Moon Jongup, and I'm twenty-one this year. It's my pleasure to be able to come over and give a talk," He talked, his voice coming out smooth and firm but voided of any emotions.

"Wait a minute, is that..." Myungsoo trailed off as he leaned forward in his seat to get a better look, and when he did, he gasped."Isn't that one of the guys who stayed at your house?"

I wanted to reply to his question, but at the same time was at a loss for words. I wanted to run up and take this Jongup who appeared in front of me to somewhere private and talk to him, but I felt every muscle in my body frozen and stiff.

Jongup's mouth moved but I've blocked him out, blocked Myungsoo out.

Because it was Jongup. Jongup whom I haven't seen for four years. Jongup, the angel who I grew to adore and can never hate. Jongup who disappeared and then reappeared, right now. And he's right in front of me.

He was going past slide after slide, giving introductions and lectures about economics and whatnots. But his voice stayed freed of any kind of emotion, his face planted with a serious expression which furrowed every now and then.

I stared nonetheless, just watching his stiffness, watching and watching and watching without doing anything. It was only fifteen minutes, but it felt like I've been watching for an hour. I saw him bowing, packing up whatever he brought in and walked out as quickly as he came.

I stood up and even if I still had fifteen minutes left into my lesson, I excused myself hurriedly and followed out behind him. I looked down the hallway and saw him walking towards the main entrance.

I opened my mouth to call him, but then closed it. I have a feeling he won't recognise me either, and what will I have for an explanation? But it was to hell or nothing, so I opened my mouth and let my voice project itself down the empty hallways.

"Jongup!" I shouted.

Jongup halted and turned around, gazing directly at me. As I expected, not only was he voided of emotions, he held no recognition either.

When I just stood there saying nothing but stare, he furrowed his eyebrows and walked towards me.

"Is there a problem?" He asked when he was closer to me.

With my mouth agape, I must have presented myself in front of him as an idiot. It was ironic, because four years back, he was the real fool.

"Are you alright, miss?" He asked, asking out of politeness instead of concern.

"Yeah, it's just-" I finally spoke and paused. Jongup waited patiently for me to continue."I...you...must be really intelligent."

I mentally face palmed myself at my choice of words. Jongup didn't seem the slightest bit amused at my words though, or if he did didn't show it. Instead, he took it like he had dealt with many insane people and nodded.

"I have much more to learn," He replied back humbly.

When I yet again had nothing to say, he looked at his watch and bowed."I'm sorry to leave but I have something to attend to and cannot stay any longer. I'll take my leave now, if you don't mind."

I nodded, the most I can do with my head being a jumbled mess right now.

I watched as Jongup his heels and made his way down the hallways, the only sound made by his shoes.

I've been waiting for this moment, what with Yongguk and Himchan appearing, but he's coming out exactly how I didn't want him to, presenting himself as a completely different persona, just like Himchan did.

No emotion. Cold, distant, serious. This Moon Jongup has lost his smile and the happiness behind them.

And I should be feeling happy at the very least, but I couldn't help but feel the empty pit at the bottom of my stomach, a dreading feeling taking over every part of me. And with this new feeling, I was scared of it truthfully, because who knows how the others, and if they did appear, would be.

______________________________________________________________________________________

short chapter update, hope you guys don't mind. i didn't do a check through since i'm in a rush to go out, so please don't mind the errors if there are any.

and for those who asked, no my exams are not over. in fact, it's actually going to be in october, lol. but i'm preparing for it now hence the lack of time. i'm trying to take some time now and then to update for you guys though :)