Chapter 5

6 Humans = 6 Changes (Sequel to 6 Genies = 6 Wishes) (Discontinued)

School ended in the evening and I was left alone to go home by myself since Myungsoo decided it would be good for him to hang out with his friends tonight. That selfish jerk. So with nothing much on my hands to do, and since I’m still feeling a little down about the Jongup situation previously, I decided to head to the café.

On my way the café, I heard loud thundering footsteps coming from behind. Turning around, I was surprised to see a whole gang of boys running furiously in the direction I was going. They passed by me in a blur, and seconds later another group of boys whizzed past, apparently trying to catch up with the previous group.

I shook my head in disgust. Gangs like these should be banned. Who knows who’s going to get killed and appear in the news the next day?

I arrived in the café and was greeted with more people than I expected. It was a Friday today, so most probably they came here to celebrate the start of yet another weekend. I took my position in the queue and when it was my turn, I was pleasantly surprised to see Yongguk as the cashier.

This time, he immediately noticed me and a warm smile broke out on his face.

“It seems like you’ve been coming here very often lately. Already obsessed with me?” He joked.

I scoffed but was deceived by myself when a smile settled on my lips.”I’m pretty sure it’s the coffee I’m obsessed with and not you.”

Yongguk gave a low chuckle.”The usual.”

I nodded and took out my wallet. Handing over the money, he motioned for me to wait for my order. I walked over to the side and stood waiting for my order along with the other customers. I was trying to fit my coins into the coin holder when a lost my grip on a few and it dropped onto the floor. Bending over to pick them up, I saw someone’s hand reach out to help me pick up the coins too. Only after finish picking up the coins I dropped, I stood up and managed to get a look at the said good person who helped me.

I dropped the coins I was holding again.

An easy-going laugh escaped his lips as he bent down to pick up the coins I dropped. As he stood up and handed me back my coins, he said,”You must be quite the clumsy one, Miss.”

I stared at him wide-eyed and he laughed again, seeing how dumb I was acting in front of him. He grabbed my hand and gently placed the coins in my palms.

“Amazed by my good looks?” He asked playfully.

I snapped out of my trance and grabbed on tightly to the coins.”T-thanks.”

He waved his hands dismissively.”It’s my pleasure to help such a pretty girl like you anyway.”

When I did not manage to get a word out, he stuck out his hands and smacked an award-winning grin on his face.”I’m Daehyun.”

He waited for me to introduce myself and I fumbled with my preoccupied hands and shook his.”Haejin.”

“Haejin,” He mumbled and I took to attention how my voice sounded coming out from his lips. How long have I been able to hear his voice? 4 years? And even when I was with Daehyun, how much was I able to hear his voice?

“Mocha frappe!” The cashier called.

“Ah, that’s me,” Daehyun replied, moving forward to collect his drinks. Instead of bidding goodbye and walking away, he came back to me.

“So,  you’re a student?” Daehyun said, trying to make small talk.

“Yeah,” I replied in a daze, still unable to comprehend the Daehyun who was talking to me now.

“Year 1?”

“No, second year.”

“Ah! So I’m your oppa then?” He smiled.

I nod. I was about to ask him what his occupation was when a girl suddenly stormed up to the both of us and pushed me out of the way forcefully. She stood directly in front of Daehyun and gave him a slap. I gasped and watched with eyes as wide as saucers as Daehyun turned to glare at the girl.

“What the hell that for?” He snarled at her.

“I found out about Jaewon. How can you do this oppa?!” The girl screeched.

The café turned silent, all eyes focused on the arguing pair.

“Jinhee-ah, if you want to complain, let’s do it outside,” Daehyun hissed and grabbed her hands, pulling her out.

But the girl forcefully threw his hands aside and laughed bitterly.”No. I’ve got nothing to be ashamed of anyway. Better yet, at least these few people would know just how many girls you’ve played around with!”

My heart started beating faster. Daehyun playing around with girls?

“Jinhee,” Daehyun growled, irritation showing clearly on his face.

The said girl turned to look at me and I flinched from her fiery gaze. She scoffed and turned back to Daehyun.

“What? You’ve got a new target already? Should I tell her how you’ve already got 3 girlfriends at the moment?”

Daehyun tried grabbing her hands to pull her out but she moved away.

“We’re done, oppa,” She said and stormed out of the café in a huff.

The café stared at Daehyun, some with really disappointing looks while some sniggering at his humiliation. Daehyun mumbled some curse words under his breath and walked out of the café too.

I was frozen in place, shocked by what just happened and what the girl said. Is all of that true? Is Daehyun really such a guy?

Looks like there’s only one way to find out.

I ran out of the café and saw Daehyun’s figure walking hurriedly down the sidewalk. I ran after him and pat him on the shoulder. He turned around and his eyes widened a little, probably surprised to see me chasing after him.

“What are you doing here?” He asked.

“Just…” My mind was trying to find the right words.”What the girl said. Is all of that true?”

His eyes narrowed slightly and his face changed. Instead of the charming smile he worn just previously, he’s donning a poker face now, all emotions wiped out from his features. And that itself got me realizing how he looks very much like Daehyun in the past. Quiet, mysterious, cold.

“Is that why you ran after me? That’s what you want to know?” He questioned.

I nodded.

“And what if I said I was?” He stared down at my, his eyes scrutinizing me and I shuffled on my feet uncomfortably. He sighed when I didn’t give him a reply.”Look, I don’t know you. We just met and I haven’t even made an official move on you, so it doesn’t really matter much to you if I really was a playboy or not, does it?”

I frowned. Is he indirectly saying he was one?

“I just wanted to know,” I said.

“Why? Are you interested in me?” He asked, his cheekiness getting the best of him.

I blushed and shook my head furiously.

He gave a curt laugh and nodded.”Well, since you’re not really my type and I’m most probably not going to make a move on you or anything. Yes, I am a player. Does that answer your question?”

My heart sank at his words. One because it’s not just him, but if any guy would to say something like that, it really does hurt a girl’s ego. And two, he just admitted he was a player.

“Huh.” Was the only thing I managed to make out.

He looked at me weirdly.”You’re a weird woman, you know that?”

I unintentionally smiled when he said that, because that was what Youngjae and Himchan liked calling me.

“I get that a lot,” I said.

That must have made me looked weirder, because Daehyun was looking at me with pure amusement in his eyes even while frowning.

“Although you’re not my type of girl, it felt nice talking to you. Why not you give me your number and we’ll meet up again one day?” He asked.

I stared at his hand, which was probably motioning for me to give him my phone. I pondered on that.

I hate people like him. I really, really detest such players. But how can I bring myself to hate this guy who looks so much like the Daehyun I love? Even though he’s so much more different and a million times more worst. How do I even do that?

I laughed to myself. Right. If that’s going to be the case, I’m going to find it hard to hate even a murderer if any of the B.A.P  members was one.

“Haejin?” Daehyun called.

I looked in his eyes, scanning his face for signs of the Daehyun I know. But just like the others I’ve met so far, none of them looked like the genies I know. The thought that this really might be a coincidence came into my mind, but coincidences don’t just exist like that. By bringing me to these four people, its more than just coincidence, I know that. But what am I supposed to do now that I do meet them? Am I supposed to forcefully bring myself into their life when I remember all about the past while they remember nothing? What if I spend weeks, months, even years just to help them remember when there really wasn’t anything for them to recall? Then what then?

And then I realized what I’ve been holding on to the past four years. The genies said they’ll try to come back to see me, and I was holding on to that exact faith that they would. For four years, I really did believe they would come back to find me.

I sighed, and took out my phone, handing it to Daehyun. He grinned and took it, typing in his number and handing it back to me.

“So I guess I’ll see you again, Haejin-sshi!” He said and bowed slightly before turning the other direction and walking off.

Not a second glance back, I thought but I quickly shook off the feeling of giving up. I’ve waited for four years. I’m not going to give up on that faith now.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I've got some bad news and the bad news is that I have to go on a hiatus. I'm currently preparing for my chinese exam, and after that it's just intensive studying for my prelim and o'levels. So I won't have time to write anymore.

So from now till mid-november, all of my uncompletely stories will be on hiatus. I'm really sorry to all my subscribers and readers, and you have no idea how guilty I feel whenever I read your comments about updating soon. Thank you for those who have been sticking with me even with my constant lack of updates, and I'm forever grateful. 

So to my subs, please wait for me to come back! I will not give up on this story, but just for now there will be no updates. Another 5 more months, and I'll be back to this story again.

Yet again, thank you and I'm really sorry.

With lots and lots and lots of love you my wonderful readers