Why did this happen?

Seoul High School

                It was a typical Thursday morning. Everyone looking forward to the end of the week, but for now they were busy, moving from one place to another. Business and office men headed to their workplace; mothers dropped off their children to school; students headed to their “daily torture”, or at least that’s what one student thought.

Lee Donghae walked to school like he did five days every week. He was a great student with very good grades, a loving mother and brother, a kind heart and nice friends. He would think he had a good life if he wasn’t deeply in love with his bully, who was none other than the school’s most wanted and popular guy; the school’s playboy.

He was used to the bullying, but it still hurt him. Every day he wondered why he was bullied by him, and every time he wondered it hurt more. Donghae had some ideas of what the reason could be; the first one was that because he was a nerd, typical, but after a couple of months he had a few more. It was either because he was a looser, a nerd, or gay.

Not everyone knew that last thing about Donghae, only his family and his friends; but still, there was a possibility his bully knew.

He sighted as he entered his high school and kept his head down, trying to ignore the looks he was receiving from the other students in that school. As he walked through a hallway, he didn’t notice someone walking straight to him, until he was pushed to the lockers.

“Well, well. Good morning, little fishy”

Donghae bit his lip and kept his head down, looking at the floor. He didn’t need to look up to see who it was.

“No answer? Am I gonna have to fix that?”

Donghae shook his head.

“No, no. Guess I’ll see you later, fishy. Oh and, be sure to stop at your locker, there’s something there I’m sure you will like”

He heard a few guys laughing as his bully walked away with them.

‘What did he do this time?’ he thought as he walked to his locker, fearing what he would see.

When he got there, he didn’t see anything out of the ordinary.

‘Must be inside…’ he cautiously opened it with a shaky hand, hesitating.

Once he opened it, all he saw was water, splashing on and wetting his face and shirt. Laughter came from the students who witnessed the explosion in Donghae’s locker.

“Donghae! Are you ok?” said a concerned voice as the owner ran to Donghae, who nodded and smiled.

“Yeah, Sungmin. I’m ok, it’s just water… and it’s kind of hot today, anyway”

“The hell you’re ok” Sungmin leaned closer to whisper “and luckily it is water, that way your tears blend in”

“Tears?” Donghae wiped his face with his hands “Sungmin, I’m not-“

“Don’t you dare lie to me. I can tell, Donghae”

“Well…”

“Let’s just go to the bathroom to get you dried up, ok?”

Donghae nodded and they both walked to the bathroom.

 

                The bell was about to ring any minute now, indicating classes would start for the day. Donghae was already walking to his seat; his skin dry but his hair and shirt not quite. His friends, Sungmin and Hangeng, had their own seats on either side of Donghae’s and were currently walking with him.

“I’m just saying, Donghae. I’m really getting tired of his ” said Hangeng as he entered the classroom.

“We both are” added Sungmin “and we don’t understand why you’re not”

“I never said I wasn’t, it’s just that… well…” Donghae sighted “I’m still hoping”

“I can hope too, but it doesn’t seem like things are going the way I want them too. But in your case, he’s a real ”

“Nothing ever goes exactly the way we hope” said Hangeng.

“I agree with Hangeng, Donghae” agreed Sungmin “it doesn’t seem like things are going like you hope they do… People change, so do frienshi—speak of the devil”

They all turned to the entrance of the classroom, where two guys had just walked through. One of them was playing a videogame and the other was being stared at by the girls; his platinum blond hair unmistakable. He was Donghae’s bully. As he passed by Donghae, he bumped him with his shoulder.

“Watch where you’re standing, idiot”

Donghae sighted; he wasn’t planning on responding, but was very surprised when he heard someone that did.

“Perhaps you should watch where you’re walking, Eunhyuk”

The entire classroom froze as they heard Hangeng. The blond, Eunhyuk, slowly turned to glare at him.

“What did you say? Did you really just dare talk back to me?”

“I did, and I told you to watch where you’re walking”

There was a quiet moment, everyone staring at them, surprised that someone actually dared to talk back.

“Hangeng… m-maybe you should stop… Please” said Donghae in a quiet voice.

“No, Hae. He needs to stop this unnecessary bull”

“Oh, I need to stop? Are you going to make me?” said Eunhyuk as he raised an eyebrow and took a step closer.

“If it comes to that”

Suddenly, someone ran into the classroom just before the bell rang.

“Woo~ I made it!” said Heechul, the school’s known diva, before he walked to his friends but stopped once he noticed the tension “What happened here?”

“Nothing” said Eunhyuk before walking to his seat at the back of the classroom, followed by Heechul and Kyuhyun, who was still playing his videogame.

Sungmin, Hangeng and Donghae sat down.

“Thanks for standing up for me, Hangeng” said Donghae.

“Don’t worry, Hae, that’s what friends do” he said.

“Yeah, but standing up to Eunhyuk?” said Sungmin, as if reading Donghae’s uneasy mind.

“Someone had to do it, Sungmin. I’m sick of his and I don’t think Donghae would have done something”

“I don’t think so either, but… I have a bad feeling about this…” said Donghae.

“Don’t worry, if anything happens, I’ll be there” smiled Hangeng.

“Me too, even if I don’t do much” laughed Sungmin.

Shortly after their conversation, the teacher arrived and classes started.

 

                At recess, the cafeteria was mostly occupied, by students trying to get a head start on their homework and studies and by other students who were just plain hungry; while the patios were somewhat occupied. Some students played sports while others hung out under the shade of the trees.

A group of three students sat down on their usual spot, on a table and a couple of benches in the shade; one was angry, another was curious, and the other one was concentrated on his videogame.

“What happened? What did I miss? Why didn’t you tell me? Why won’t anyone tell me what happened? Please, tell me! I’m gonna go insane right now if I don’t get in on this gossip! Someone, tell me, now! Why are you so angry? Is it related to the tension I noticed in the classroom? How? Why? Tell me!!!” said Heechul, almost freaking out.

“I think you’ve gone insane already” said Kyuhyun, still playing his videogame.

Heechul glared at Kyuhyun and took his videogame.

“What the hell, Heechul?!” said Kyuhyun angrily.

“Tell me, and I’ll give it back”

“Nothing big! It’s just that that Chinese guy defended the fish”

“My Hannie?” gasped Heechul, putting his unoccupied hand on his chest.

“Nothing big?” Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow as he looked at Kyuhyun.

“Yeah, it was just some words, nothing you can do about it, they’re said now. And you, Heechul, you ing diva, give me back my videogame; I’ve been on this conversation enough” said Kyuhyun.

Heechul shook his head “I don’t feel like it, besides, what did my Hannie say?”

Kyuhyun grunted angrily as Eunhyuk ignored them while he thought about the ‘big deal’ that happened before their first period.

‘How dare he stand up to me like that? Or, actually, how dare he send his friend to stand up for him? This is not gonna stay like this, I have to do something… teach them a lesson, maybe. But what?’

Eunhyuk then turned to look at his friends, who were fighting. Heechul was lying on the table and had his foot on Kyuhyun’s face as he tried to reach for his videogame and cursed at Heechul. Eunhyuk sighted.

“You two should really start acting your age”

 

                After recess was over, they all went to their next class with nothing relevant happening. It was just another boring Thursday at school, but the hours seemed to pass quickly.

Donghae walked along with Sungmin to the students’ parking lot, where they were supposed to meet Hangeng.

“Ah! I can’t wait for the weekend” whined Sungmin, making Donghae chuckle.

“You’re always looking forward to the weekend, Sungmin, it’s like you don’t like school”

“I don’t… too many ty things happen there”

“Well, it’s not that bad, really…”

“Not that bad? Hae, you get bullied every single time he sees you in this school!”

“I know, I know…” Donghae sighted.

Sungmin sighted too, knowing his friend was upset “Hey, cheer up! At least you get noticed… unlike me”

Donghae smiled “Well, he’s an idiot for not noticing you”

“Hey! Kyuhyun is not an idiot”

“You know what I meant, Sungmin, no need to get all defensive” Donghae laughed at Sungmin, who was blushing madly.

“W-well… you know I would give anything for him to notice me…”

Donghae showed an evil smirk “Even your ity?”

Sungmin raised an eyebrow “What ity?”

They both laughed as they reached Hangeng’s car.

“What took you so long?” said Hangeng, who was already inside his car.

“We were talking about Sungmin’s ity” said Donghae as he got in the backseat.

“Ok, I know you’re lying. Sungmin doesn’t have a ity”

Sungmin, who was in the passenger seat, blushed again “Will you two stop talking about that?!”

Hangeng ruffled Sungmin’s hair as he and Donghae laughed; Sungmin just pouted.

 

                After school, Kyuhyun drove Heechul and Eunhyuk to his house. Eunhyuk was sitting on the passenger seat while Heechul occupied the whole backseats, since he was laying down.

“So, Hyuk, when are you gonna get your car back?” asked Heechul as he played with his phone.

“Soon, hopefully” answered Eunhyuk in a bored tone.

Kyuhyun laughed “I still can’t get over the fact that you crashed your own car”

Heechul joined on the laughter “How did it happen, again? You backed up into a garbage container?”

“No, it was a fire hydrant… or a wall”

“It was a damned wall! Would you guys let it go?!” said Eunhyuk, getting annoyed by the topic.

“Hey, I should know when you’re getting your car back. I don’t wanna be driving your skinny and Heechul’s ty everywhere”

“Still, how cou-“ Heechul glared at Kyuhyun “Remind me to kick your latter, Kyu. And Hyuk, how could you hit a wall?”

“It… it got in the way” said Eunhyuk.

“Yeah, because walls do that”

“Oh, shut up”

“So” started Kyuhyun “anywhere in specific you wanna go, or should I just drive you guys home?”

“I’m not really in the mood to be home right now…” said Heechul “but I’m not really in the mood to be out either…”

“Are your parents home, Kyu?” asked Eunhyuk.

“I think so… Guess we’ll hang out in my house for a while again” Kyuhyun was already driving in the direction to his house, since he had a feeling this was going to happen again.

“And we’ll have some pizza~” said a happy Heechul as he dialed the number “Calling right now”

“Heechul, what the ? Wait till we get there!”

“When we get there, the pizza will already be on it’s way”

“I will never understand your logic, Heechul” mumbled Eunhyuk.

“Oh, shut up. I’m awesome”

 

*~*~*~*~

“Thanks, Hangeng, see you tomorrow” Donghae waved as Hangeng drove off.

Donghae sighted. He tried not to think of what happened, but he couldn’t help it; he thought he would be used to it by now. He turned around, facing his house before walking to the door, only to be stopped by someone calling his name. He faced the tall young man that called him and smiled before walking toward him, right next door. Donghae knew he would be able to cheer him up, like he always did.

 

~*~*~*~*

“Hey” said Heechul, who was sitting on Kyuhyun’s desk chair with his plate of pizza in hand “did you guys see the new couple?”

“Don’t care” mumbled Eunhyuk, taking a bite of his own pizza as he sat down on a small black leather couch next to Kyuhyun’s wall.

“What new couple?” asked Kyuhyun, who also had a plate of pizza but instead he was sitting on his bed.

“Kyu, don’t encourage him”

“Yeah, those guys” Heechul ignored Eunhyuk’s comment “what were their names? What were…? Let me think. Uhm…”

“So…” Kyuhyun faced Eunhyuk with a smirk “that episode in school today”

“Ugh! Don’t even mention that. The mere thought of what they did is enough to piss me off” said Eunhyuk, slightly angry.

“Well, to be fair, you were being kind of a jerk to them; he was just sticking up for his friend”

“Kyu, I’m always being a jerk to him”

“Exactly. Hangeng said he was tired of it”

“Who?”

“Hangeng… the tall Chinese guy”

“Oh, right… ing ”

“You’re the , Hyuk” laughed Kyuhyun “We’re all s, aren’t we?”

“Maybe so…” Eunhyuk took another bite of his pizza “but, because of that, people are going to think that I’m weak”

“Will they?” Kyuhyun was a bit doubtful.

“Of course. If they see a nerd talking back to me, I’m gonna lose power”

“Right, got it” Kyuhyun sighted quietly. He wasn’t going to say who’s side he was on.

“This will not stay like this. We’ll need to make them pay somehow”

“Mmm ok, sure” Kyuhyun kept eating. He took a drink of his canned soda before speaking. “How?”

“I’m not sure… we’ll have to think of something”

“Sure, whatever. Anything to get rid of this boredom”

There was a moment of silence, in which they continued eating. Kyuhyun was just concentrating on eating before his food got cold, while Eunhyuk ate and thought of something they could do; Heechul was just lost in his thoughts, his mind somewhere entirely different.

“Ryeowook and Yesung!” Heechul suddenly said, making the other two men jump.

“What the , Heechul?!” exclaimed Eunhyuk.

“Their names”

“Who’s?”

“The new couple. Ryeowook and Yesung”

Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk looked at each other before looking unsure at Heechul.

“What the hell are you talking about?” said Kyuhyun.

“Oh, you guys ” Heechul slightly glared at them “they’re the new gay couple at school. I wonder how it’ll go with them”

“Gay couple? How did we let this get passed us?” Eunhyuk looked at Kyuhyun.

“Hey, I kept you updated! If you didn’t listen then that’s on you”

Eunhyuk had a look of distaste on his face as he ate. Something that didn’t go unnoticed by the other two.

“Hyuk, you ok?” asked Kyuhyun.

“Why? Because we’ll now have some fags walking around school? Sure, I’m ok” he said sarcastically.

“Hey, hey, hey!” Heechul stood up, placing his plate on the desk “if you have something against people like me then just say it”

Eunhyuk sighted “relax, idiot. I don’t have anything against your people, but if I do, you’re the exception”

“Is that supposed to make me feel better? Because… it kind of does” Heechul sat back down, but kept a frown on his face.

“I didn’t know you were a homophobe, Hyuk” said Kyuhyun.

“I might be, just slightly though” admitted Eunhyuk.

“I can’t believe it. All this time… you were one of them?” Heechul dramatically put the back of one of his hands to his forehead “I think I’m gonna faint”

“Quit being such a drama-queen, princess” mumbled Kyuhyun as he kept on eating “he might have his… reasons for saying that”

Kyuhyun gave a look at Eunhyuk, who slightly glared at him. He wasn’t sure what look meant, but he didn’t like it. It was suspicious, with a glint of malice and knowing.

‘’

“Whatever…” Heechul waved him off “you know, Hyuk, there really isn’t anything wrong with being gay”

“You say that just because you are”

“Shut it, Kyu. I’m talking to Hyuk”

Kyuhyun decided to take out his phone from his pocket to search for something to do.

“I’m not saying that I don’t like gay people, I’m just saying that they, well… I just…” Eunhyuk paused for a moment “how do I say it?”

“You know, gay is the perfect way to humiliate a guy. That is if you’re not used to it” laughed Heechul.

Eunhyuk suddenly took interest in the topic “Really? The perfect way to humiliate someone, you say?”

Kyuhyun, noticing Eunhyuk’s tone, looked up from his phone “Hyuk, what are you planning on doing?”

“Me? I’m not planning anything… yet”

“Ooh~ what is this about?” asked Heechul excited.

“Hyuk, I know you. What are you planning on doing?” Kyuhyun repeated with a serious tone.

“Relax, Kyuhyun. I’m just thinking that I may have found a way to humiliate that fish enough so he’ll know his place” said Eunhyuk with a smirk.

“Oh, crap” Kyuhyun sighted “bad idea, Hyuk. What if Hangeng steps up again?”

“Well…” Eunhyuk thought for a few seconds “how about having Heechul take care of him? There is no worse torture that to be stuck with Heechul”

“I gotta agree with that…” mumbled Kyuhyun.

“Oh, you both” Heechul crossed his arms and pursed his lips.

Kyuhyun snickered. Heechul glared at him and put his soda container, which was previously on the floor, on top of the desk.

“What the , Heechul?!” Kyuhyun quickly stood up and put a coaster underneath the soda can.

“Idiots…” mumbled Eunhyuk under his breath, getting a bit frustrated “will you two quit playing around?”

“You think this is playing around?” asked Kyuhyun “you try making sure a ing diva doesn’t destroy your furniture”

He glanced at Heechul, who had an innocent smile on his lips as he looked up at Kyuhyun. He just rolled his eyes, as did Eunhyuk.

“Well, whatever. You were saying something about Hannie and I having some alone time, correct?” Heechul leaned down, placing his elbows on his legs so his hands would hold his cheeks.

“Uhh sure, whatever” Eunhyuk shrugged.

“Then I’m in. Whatever you’re planning on doing, count me in”

“You haven’t even heard the plan”

“No need. All I need to know is that I’ll be able to have some y Hannie time” said Heechul with a smile.

“I’m not sure if I should laugh or not about the fact that you seem so genuinely happy about Hangeng” said Kyuhyun, sitting back on his bed.

“I never said anything about ”

“?” asked Eunhyuk.

“Yeah, you know, ” said Kyuhyun “it’s when one forces another into having ual ”

“I know what is, idiot!”

 “Then why did you ask?” Kyuhyun asked with his signature smirk, showing he was amused.

Eunhyuk rolled his eyes, getting back to his now cold pizza.

‘, huh? It’s… interesting, that I could humiliate him this way and put him in his place. But that means… gay . Ugh…’ thought Eunhyuk as he was chewing.

“I knew this was too good to be true”

“What was?” asked Heechul.

“This humiliation thing. There will obviously be gay involved”

“Yeah, no ” laughed Heechul.

“Wait, wait, wait. You actually considered that? Are you really doing what Heechul suggested?” Kyuhyun looked at Eunhyuk, a little surprised, his smirk gone.

“Hey, I didn’t suggest anything, ok? I merely said a fact I knew”

Eunhyuk groaned “… Then, what now?”

“Hey, if you really wanna do it, then go for it. What’s stopping you?”

“I’m not gay”

“So? I’ve slept with straight men before”

“No surprised there…” mumbled Kyuhyun before continuing talking to Eunhyuk “so then, what will you do about it? Are you planning on the fish?”

“Of course not! I’ll think of something else to do” Eunhyuk sighted frustrated “but whatever I come up with, guess we’ll have to find out later”

“Ok, so let me get this straight” started Heechul “I’m having some y alone time with Hannie, Hyuk here is gonna take care of the little fishy, and Kyu? What’re you doing?”

“Nothing. I don’t have anything to take care of” Kyuhyun shrugged.

“Well, maybe now you can tell the little bunny that—“

“Heechul! Shut the up!” Kyuhyun threw a pillow at Heechul; said pillow was aimed successfully at his face.

Eunhyuk decided to ignore them and took out his phone to browse whatever he could find, to also distract himself from his thoughts.

There was a sudden knock on the door.

“Kyuhyun, honey, can you come out here for a second?” it was his mother.

“Coming” said Kyuhyun as he exited the bedroom “don’t go near my stuff, ok?” he said to Heechul, who lifted his hands as a sigh of peace.

After Kyuhyun left, Heechul sighted and moved the chair a bit closer to Eunhyuk.

“You’re not really planning on hurting that poor innocent soul, are you?”

“So what if I am? It’s not like I’ve been doing anything new; I always bully him”

“Yeah, but… I don’t know, Hyuk, I was just kidding before. You know that, right?” said Heechul in a serious tone.

“Of course I know, Heechul! Do you think I’m an idiot?” Eunhyuk slightly growled.

“Well, honestly, yes” Heechul chuckled.

“Whatever…”

Kyuhyun walked back inside with a grin on his face.

“What are you so happy about?” asked Heechul, eyeing him curiously.

“Well, my parents are going away for the weekend so I have the whole house to myself” said Kyuhyun.

“Oh yay~ that means we can spend all day here”

“What? No, no. Seeing you for most of the day is enough”

“Oh, come one, Kyu. You know we’ve already invited ourselves” Eunhyuk then grinned “so if you wanted the house to yourself, then you shouldn’t have told us”

“Exactly” agreed Heechul “so… party?”

Kyuhyun quickly replied “no”

“Oww… don’t be like that, Kyuhyunnie~”

“Don’t call me that”

“A party doesn’t sound like a bad idea…” Eunhyuk mused “we’ll make Heechul pay for the alcohol”

“Sure, I’ll do it” Heechul grinned “maybe if you have a party this weekend you’ll finally get laid”

Kyuhyun pinched the bridge of his nose and sighted “I said I don’t want to do it”

“Oh, what a surprise. The doesn’t want to have . Is it because you don’t know how to? It’s not a big deal, you just stick it in there!”

“Look, I’ll only agree if you clean whatever mess people make and if you take care of the alcohol”

“Clean?” Heechul whined “why me? Why not Hyuk?”

“Because I’ll take care of the guests” said Eunhyuk simply.

“Fine, I’ll do it” Heechul pursed his lips for a moment before suddenly smiling “hey, can I invite Hannie?”

“I don’t think he’ll want to come” said Kyuhyun.

“Oh, I’ll make him come… if you know what I mean” Heechul winked at them.

“Ow come on, dude”

Heechul started laughing.

 

*~*~*~*~

A few hours later, Kyuhyun drove Heechul and Eunhyuk home before returning to his own again.

He sighted as he entered his bedroom.

‘I’m not looking forward to this party… I just wanted a little peace and quiet’

He sighted again.

‘Guess I shouldn’t have told them… Meh, they would have found out somehow anyway…’

He laid down on his bed for a moment before quickly standing back up again to turn on his computer.

‘I need to get my mind off of this for a moment…’

 

~*~*~*~*

When Eunhyuk walked into his house he was greeted by his mother, who gave him his car keys. Eunhyuk looked at her for a few seconds, not understanding.

“You got your car back, silly. Your father wanted to give you the keys himself and give you a little talk about taking care of your car, but he had to go back to the office, so he left me the keys” she said with a warm smile.

Eunhyuk grinned and kissed his mother’s cheek after thanking her and went upstairs to his bedroom. He was in a real happy mood, until he his computer and logged into one of the many existing social media websites. He noticed one of his friends, neither Kyuhyun nor Heechul, posted a video a couple of hours ago: it was of the little water explosion that happened in Donghae’s locker. The smile still remained there, until he remembered what happed after.

‘You little er…’

He closed his laptop and laid in his bed, his thoughts came rushing into his mind.

‘What can I do? I can’t even think of what Heechul said… No, wait’

He sat up, frowning slightly as he remembered something. Something that happened a couple of years ago, near the end of his freshman year, something he could never forget nor forgive.

‘Well, well. Seems like isn’t such a bad idea after all…’ an evil smirk formed on his lips ‘looks like you’ll get a taste of your own medicine, little fish’

 


To be continued...

 

Well, there it is. The first re-written chapter of "Seoul High School". Hope you enjoyed it! :D

I haven't been able to get on with the second one, but maybe i'll get to write it tomorrow and have it up before wednesday. Actually, my days off from work are mondays. Maybe i'll update then :P

 

Anyway, what i'm basically doing is merging three "original" chapters to make a "re-written" one. I don't know if some remembered the showers scene, but i decided to get rid of that. But yeah, many changes were made. And that's what i'll be doing until i get to the longer chapters, the ones with the "real" SHS story; those will probably just get a few changes and better redaction and dialogue.

So... what do you think? Does it seem like a deeper backstory? :D What is Eunhyuk talking about at the end? *gasp*

 

Hopefully i'll continue soon~ ^^

Thanks for reading ♥