Chapter 9: How we met.

Kind Demon VS Harsh Angel

 

Chapter 9: How we met.

 

(Kwangmin’s POV)

 

“She is my… First love.”

 

“Wh-what?” Hyung was confused. I guess he doesn’t remember. I thought “Since when did you guys meet?”

 

“Do you remember that every time I go out at nighttime, I was so lonely because I know that it’s rare to find anyone to be friends or be friends to begin with?” I asked him. He nodded, I continued, “Well, this is how I met her…”

 

“Umma, Appa! I’m leaving!” I told my parents before I left the house, “I’ll be back~”

 

“Take care, Kwangmin!” Umma told me, I nodded and left the house. I walked to the park nearby my place and headed to my usual place.

 

“Hmm?” I found a picture on top of the bench were I usually sit. I picked it up and examine closely.

 

“She looks beautiful, I wonder if she dropped it here.” I thought; I was captivated by her flawless face. I noticed a young boy next to her. “Who’s this?” I asked myself, he looks younger than the girl. I thought about keeping the picture because I wanted to see this girl, I wanted to know her.

 

“Maybe I can get Youngmin hyung to find her in the morning!” I thought happily to myself and started listening to Dynamic Duo.

 

-Next day at nighttime-

 

I sighed; I wasn’t able to ask Youngmin about the girl. I looked at the picture again, my heart races when I stare at her kind and loving smile. She looks like an angel, but something feels off… I thought as I reached my usual spot. I heard footsteps shuffling nearby; I ignored it thinking it’s probably the night guard.

 

“Hey, that’s mine!” a young boy’s voice said and snatched the picture from me, I was about to get it back until I recognize the boy that was from the picture.

 

“A-ah… Sorry, I just found it here.” I apologized; I can feel this dark aura around him.

 

“Thanks for keeping it safe, I’m Minwoo.” He answered; at least he showed some gratitude and the dark aura lessen.

 

“I’m Kwangmin, nice to meet you.” I introduced myself and offered a handshake which he returned.

 

“How come you’re up so late? The night guards will catch you.” He asked me as he took a seat next to me.

 

“I could ask the same with you.” I replied, and then answered, “I have a disease, I can only go out at night time.”

 

“Ah… I’m out because I couldn’t sleep properly. Insomnia I guess.” He answered.

 

We started to talk for awhile and I finally took my chance and asked him about the girl on the photo.

 

“She is my childhood friend, her name is ____. She is quite pretty ne hyung?” Minwoo said as he showed me the photo again.

 

“Yeah, she looks beautiful.” I shyly admitted, he just laughed.

 

“Do you like her hyung?” He asked innocently.

 

“Well, I never experience love before. But whenever I see her face in the picture, my chest starts hurting and I feel like I’m going wild. So I don’t really know.” I admitted again.

 

“Hyung, that’s love.” Minwoo answered.

 

“Have you experienced love before?” I asked him.

 

“No, but I know what it feels to protect something precious to you.”

 

“Who?” I smirked at him.

 

“Someone.” Minwoo teased.

 

“Does she live around here?” I asked. Minwoo solemnly shook his head.

 

“No… She passed away long time ago in a car accident.” he answered sadly. I felt as my heart broke into pieces. No way, she already passed away? I thought. I pulled myself together and told him, “I’m sorry…”

 

“Gwenchana hyung, it’s been a long time already. She is important to me.” Minwoo answered as he flashed a sad smile at me.

 

“Take this. See ya!” Minwoo shoved a picture at me and disappeared.

 

“Minwoo-ah!” I called; no response. I glanced at the picture he gave me, it was another picture of her. Just her alone. He gave me such an awesome picture, I should thank him next time I see him.

 

“Little did I knew, Minwoo was a demon already.” I added.

 

“Kwangmin… where is the picture? Hand it over.” Youngmin stretched out his hand for the picture.

 

“You might steal it; I’ll just show it to you from afar.” I joked. I took the picture from my wallet and showed it to him.

 

“That’s definitely her. She looks pretty photogenic.” He complimented. I nodded and kissed the picture.

 

“Yah! Kwangmin!” Youngmin got irritated with jealousy. “Why not?” I joked, “Anyways, what else you want to know? How I met her?”

 

“Go on, I’m showering my attention to you.” Youngmin said.

 

“Alright then, it was when I escaped from heaven.” I started.

 

“Oof!” I cried out in pain as I landing somewhere soft.

 

“Get off me!” A familiar voice cried, I rolled off of him.

 

“Are you okay, Minwoo-ah?” A girl asked. Minwoo? I thought

 

“Minwoo?” I asked.

 

“That voice… Kwangmin hyung?” Minwoo asked.

 

“Minwoo-ah!” I cried.

 

“Kwangmin hyung! Long time no see!” Minwoo cried, “____-ah! Meet Kwangmin hyung!”

 

“Kwangmin-ssi?” A familiar girl asked, I glanced at the girl and immediately, my heart went wild.

 

She was the girl in the picture.

 

“Y-You…” I stuttered. She still looks beautiful than ever. I managed to keep my cool and reply normally.

 

“A-Annyeonghasaeyo, Jo Kwangminibnida.” I introduced myself and reached out for a handshake.

 

“Choi ____” She smiled and took my hand for a handshake. Her fingers are so tender and soft. I snapped back to reality when she pulled back. I glanced at Minwoo and he had a smirk on his face.

 

“What’s an angel doing on Earth?” she asked me.

 

“Well, I came to look for someone- Eh?! How did you-?” I noticed that my wings were spread out but I couldn’t see its shadow.

“You can see my wings?!”

 

“Well, of course-“

 

“You’re an angel?” I asked, remembering when Minwoo told me she died.

 

“No, I’m-“

 

“I’m glad to meet another fellow angel! ~” I grabbed her hands in delight.

 

“I’m a demon, Kwangmin-ssi.” ____ said.

 

“Wh-what?” my heart fell. “But aren’t the dead suppose to go to heaven?”

 

“I was never a human; it’s my first time on Earth.”

 

“Minwoo-“I stared at him. Did you lie to me? I thought.

 

“Noona, please go ahead. I’ll have to talk to hyung for a bit.” Minwoo said and dragged me away from earshot.

 

He explained why he had to lie because he had to pretend to be human. He accidently dropped the picture while he was ending a contract with some human.

 

“I’m sorry for lying to you, hyung. I didn’t mean to.” Minwoo apologize.

 

“It’s okay, I understand. By the way, aren’t demons supposed to be mean? No offense though.” I asked innocently. He chuckled in return.

 

“Blame noona for that. She is the kindest demon out there; her influence affected me I guess.”

 

I nodded and we went back to where ____ is at.

 

“Let’s go out and have fun!” Minwoo suggested.

 

“Ah, take this Kwangmin-ssi!” She tossed me some pills and I took one.

 

“It hides your wings.” Minwoo explained.

 

 

“And for the rest of the day, I became close to ____ and vice versa; although I never get to reveal my feelings for her.” I finished.

 

“Kwang…” Youngmin softly said, “Don’t you hate my guts? Or even think that I was in your way? You knew that I liked ____-ah in the same way you do. Why are you so-“ I interrupted Youngmin with a playful punch on the shoulder.

 

“Don’t be ridiculous, hyung. You’re my brother; I would give anything to make you happy. If I ever had to sacrifice my life in order to save you, I would do it without hesitation. I trust you, hyung. To make her happy.”

 

“Kwangmin… I’m such a pathetic hyung; I don’t deserve an awesome brother as you.” Youngmin hugged me tightly.

 

“Well, God granted me a loving twin brother who would stay by my side even though it’s boring since I can’t go out much. You’re the awesome bro I ever got, not because you’re the only bro I’ve got but because we got a bond that’s stronger than any other bonds in the world.”

 

“What made you so cheesy, Kwangmin?” Youngmin laughed.

 

“I’m trying to be touching and serious here.” I sighed but joined his laughter.

 

After the tension between us is gone, I asked, “Hyung, why did you kiss Bunni?”

 

He answered, “It was a misunderstanding.” I clearly had an “?” on top of my head.

 

“Being drunk can make you not think straight.” I clearly had 2 “?”s on top of my head.

 

Youngmin sighed, “Bunni was clearly drunk and so was I, but not much, I thought Bunni was ____-ah”

 

“You’re such a , hyung. You want to kiss her so badly.” I mumbled. “Yah!” Youngmin yelled.

 

Now that I think about it, did hyung see my kiss with ____? I thought.

 

“Where is ____-ah by the way?” Youngmin asked.

 

“Inside maybe.”

 

We entered back inside and saw ____ and SISTAR dancing on stage.

 

“____-ssi, is quite hot.” I heard someone say, I glanced at Youngmin who seemed to heard it too due to his angry facial expression.

 

We decided to watch the performances as they go by. Youngmin has fallen asleep next to me so I stayed with him until he wakes up.

 

After SISTAR feat. ____’s performance, Boyfriend performed “Not One but Two” with Minwoo who actually raps very well. Lee Taemin and Minwoo performed together challenging each other in a dance competition. After various performances, everyone started to leave. I left with Minwoo since ____-ah still had business to do with the President.

 

-Next morning-

 

 

“Youngmin! Wake up!” I shook Youngmin until he wakes up.

 

“Wh-what?” He asked as he got up. I shoved a newspaper at his face, “Read this!”

 

                “CEO of Starship Entertainment died of a heart attack!”

The body of the CEO of Starship Entertainment was found in the morning by a housemaid bringing breakfast to his room. It seemed that he had a heart attack in his sleep. It was reported that the President’s personal doctor said that, “He was at an old age, there was nothing I, or any other hospitals, could do to prevent it. It was bound to happen but what we do know is that it was too soon for that. He was a healthy man, he had around 2 more years to live.”. The funeral of the CEO will be held after tomorrow at XXX district.

The police had also reported that they had found a shredded letter of Resignation from Choi ____. It could be a possibility that the President had a heart attack due to the shock of his star leaving the company.

Lastly, the son of the CEO will take over the company starting the after tomorrow. All activities will be paused due to the sudden loss of the CEO of Startship Entertainment.

 

 

“Since when did she… Was it last night?” Youngmin asked; I shrugged.

 

“I just devoured his soul, that’s all there is too it.” ____ said to Minwoo as they entered the room.

 

“How did you manage to make the doctors think it was a heart attack?” Minwoo asked her while they took their seats.

 

“Simple, I gave him a heart attack.” she answered while she place the breakfast onto the table.

 

“By showing him your demonic form?” Minwoo asked, she nodded in return.

 

“Now that you managed to get one soul, we shall head over to the underworld to get more contracts!” Minwoo suggested, ____ nodded in the idea.

 

“Good morning!” We both greeted.

 

“Morn, hyung.” Minwoo greeted back. ____ just nodded and didn’t spare a glance towards us.

 

Was it because of the kiss? I thought.

 

“This is gonna be awkward…” Youngmin mumbled as he scratched his neck.