Chapter 18

Still Singing Just For You

 

 

______ returned to work, with her ear still aching.

"Aish...I must've blown my nose pretty hard."

She thought nothing of it and headed off to work.

"______ -ah, are you feeling better?" Taehyun asked.

"Still a bit congested but not too much. You're kind of echoing though, Oppa."

"Yah, didn’t I tell you that you were sick? You argued with me!”

______ pouted.

“So what? I think I blew my nose too hard. My left ear is echoing."

"ECHOING?!?! Maybe, you should go to a doctor. You're a singer, you need to have your ears to hear what key you're in."

"Yah, don't be sweet! I’m fine." ______ scolded. "I am still not over the fact that YOU didn't show up to the meetings. You did it on purpose, didn’t you?!?! You kept me in the dark about it being YOUR drama."

"Arasseo." Taehyun nodded. "I get that you're angry about that...but It's not some scheme to steal you away. It's strictly professional."

"Alright." She nodded. "As I've told you, many times, I love my boyfriend."

"Ara...you have told me that a lot." He smiled. "Is there a reason you keep repeating it? Maybe your feelings for him are uncertain?"

______ made a face.

"Not even close." She said resuming her rehearsal.

"Dang it!" Taehyun muttered under his breath.

After rehearsals she was taken to the dressing room to prepare for her first scene.

"Oppa." ______ asked. “I was wondering something.”

"Hmm?"

"If you have a lot of money and access to resources...why are you releasing it on YouTube first?"

"I want to make a name for myself. Plus, netizens are already going crazy in anticipation. I think this is going to work out great! Everyone loves YouTube, it's international. Plus, the dramas that are broadcasted on MBC, KBS, SBS...etcetera, they get put on YouTube anyway for the international people."

"True." She smiled.

"I'm not a horrible person, right? I think of others."

______ sighed.

"Oppa was always nice to me BUT to the boyfriends I've had...it's another story."

"I'm jealous, sue me. By the way...I spoke to your manager."

______ blinked at him.

"Jintaekie Oppa? W-Waeyo?"

"He made a call to your doctor. I'll give you a short break for that."

"Kamsahamnida Oppa."

"Cheonmaneyo."  He grinned and walked off. ‘Hmm…I may be getting closer.’

The doctor arrived shortly.

He took her blood pressure and temperature first.

"Well, your manager told me that you had a bit of a cold, the few days."

"Ne." She nodded. "It was a slight fever but I was freezing cold. My boyfriend kept me bundled up tightly and made me drink hot tea and soup. I've been feeling better, aside from the crackling and popping in my left ear."

The doctor took notes and examined her ear.

"Does it hurt a lot?"

"The first few days, it did. Now, it doesn't hurt as much."

He looked inside her ear to see what the problem was.

"Aah, it looks angry in there. It's very red and infected. The cold weather has gotten to you?"

"Yes, it always does." She nodded. "Is it an ear infection?"

"Your eardrum has a small hole in it."

______ heart nearly stopped.

"M-MWOYA?!?! My ear drum has a hole in it?!?!" She panicked. "That sounds bad."

"Your hearing will still be muffled for a while, but...the ear drum should heal."

"It'll be okay?"

"I'm going to prescribed you some antibiotics and some decongestion medication. You seem to have had a sinus infection."

"This all happened from that?"

"Yes. You see, the nose, throat, and ears are all connected. The infection moved and backed up into your ear. The right ear looks normal, it's just the left."

"My hearing WILL return to normal, right?! As a singer, my hearing is important."

"It may take a bit of time. Everyone's healing period is different. There have been people who have gotten a hole in their ear drum and it just healed right up."

"BUT...there is no chance that I could go deaf in that ear, right?!?! I won't lose my hearing completely?!"

"Of course not. It wasn't any serious damage done to your ear drum. You don't need to worry. I don't want you to stress yourself out again. Do you need a note? Are you strong enough to work?”

“I feel fine.” She said with a smile. “Aside from the ear, I don’t feel too bad. I mean, it’s not so bad that I’m unable to walk. I’m just stuffed up. That’s nothing a hot shower can’t solve, after work.”

When the doctor left, ______ began to prepare for recording.

She was getting her makeup and hair done.

-@:  I’m all stuffed up and congested BUT SO EXCITED!~-

"Tokki-ya!~"

She smiled at her phone.

"Jagiya!~ I wish you could be here."

"Nado!~" he nodded. "All the yearend music shows have got my schedule packed. I barely have time to breathe...so I called you."

"You'd call me instead of breathing? Jagiya, you need to sort out that option list. Babo..."

"Mian, I know who you're with so...I'd rather check in with you. Have I mentioned how much I don't trust him?! Have I?" He nagged her. "Have I mentioned it a lot, because...I truly don't."

"Arasseo." She smiled. "Yah, all because of you...I have to endure acting with only one working ear!"

Yoseob had a concerned frown on his face.

"Aww...does Uri Tokki's ear still hurt? We'll have a doctor check it out later."

"Um...actually, Taehyun Oppa already did."

"He did...what?!"

"During the rehearsals he called a doctor to check out my ear. It turns out I DID pop my eardrum. It's been making weird crackling sounds."

"I should be pissed BUT...your health is more important than hating Ma Taehyun. I bet he’s acting sweet, hmm?”

“Of course he is.”

“That’s because he doesn’t want you to drop out. He NEEDS you. There’s that and the fact that he’s trying to impress you.”

______ sighed.

“Jagiya….”

“Hmm?”

“SHUSH!~” she scolded. “You’re stressing yourself out over this WAY TOO MUCH! You said you were okay with it.”

“I am…”

“Quit nagging me, then!”

Taehyun smirked, behind her.

“Arasseo….” He sighed. “I’ll shut up, for now.”

“Kamsa!~” she laughed. “Mister Busy …get back to work. You’re working so much more than I am right now. I can’t even keep track of which schedule you’re at.”

“Nado. I don’t know where I am. I don’t sleep anymore.”

______ scoffed.

“Neither do I!”

“SOULMATES!” he chuckled.

______ frowned.

“Jagiya?”

“Hmm?”

“I want to see you.” She pouted. “I miss you too much. You’re on so many music shows then you go straight to the dorm.”

“For an hour of sleep and then I’m out again.” He grumbled. “I miss you too. I guess we’re both in such high demand now.”

“Ne, we are………which because we’re missing the holiday season.”

“What comes after the holiday season?” Yoseob tested her.

“Mollayo.” She teased.

“YAH! You better know! It’s the most important day in January.”

“I’ll figure it out and get back to you. Wait…is it Lunar New Years?!”

“…..That’s in February this year.” He said in a low monotone.

“Aah, isn’t it someone’s birthday?!”

“YES!”

“Jihyun and Hara, right?!”

“…………………………………………………………………Yep……………………………………………………………………………”

______ smiled.

“______-ah!~ Want to go out to lunch?” Taehyun asked.

When Yoseob heard his voice, he nearly ripped the shirt of the nearest person.

“Yah…” Kikwang grumbled. “Mwohaneungeoya?!”

He fought to get shirt out of Yoseob vice grip.

 ______ glared at Taehyun.

“Oppa, you’re killing me!” she growled through her teeth.

“Aah, mianhae. I meant with the rest of the crew.”

“Sure he does!”

Yoseob’s anger and jealousy was growing.

“He knows that I hate him right?!”

“Yes…”

“Arasseo…I have work to do. Anything to keep my mind off of anything that punk says.”

They had a long mushy goodbye.

Taehyun rolled his eyes.

After hanging up ______ turned to him.

_____ sighed.

"Oppa, are you purposely trying to piss off my boyfriend?"

"Would I do that?"

"Yes."

"NUH UH!"

"You did it with Kim Munhee."

"Yeah well...you broke up with him for me."

"No...I broke up with him and then we dated a while after. Trust me, that won't happen with Yang Yoseob."

"You keep saying that!~"

"Oppa's got a thick skull!~" she imitated his tone. "I have to keep telling you!~"

"He can't even grow sideburns."

"How do you know that?”

“I did research after finding out that HE is your boyfriend." he told her. 'Doesnt he have testosterone?'

“YAH, OPPA!” ______ scolded. “Why are you spying on my boyfriend’s profile?”

“That’s what ex boyfriends do!” he told her.

______ stared at him in disbelief.

“Uh huh.” she side-eyed him. “The psycho ones.”

“No, the ones that want to see if the girlfriend has traded up or not.”

“So…all guys go all stalker-azzi on their ex’s current boyfriend?”

“Yes.”

“That’s just weird.” She made a face. “Anyway…Uri Jagi's birthday is coming up." She told him.

"Arasseo..."

"Still weird.” She mumbled. “Well, I want to do something but I don't know what. I don't have much time."

"You've been so busy but you remembered his birthday?"

______ slowly turned to send Taehyun a death glare.

"Just because I sometimes forget to do things...I don't forget that. It’s a must." She told him.

"Even if you can't spend it with him?"

"Yes,"

"When so many couples are breaking up because they have no time to be together...you stay devoted?"

"Of course."

"Lucky him."

"Lucky me." She corrected.

"Nope...lucky him." Taehyun insisted. “You’re putting so much focus into our drama BUT you also keep your mind on him. You’re always like that with your boyfriends.”

“I’m a loyal girlfriend, that’s why. I like when my boyfriend is happy. I like making people happy.”

“Isn’t that why you started to do our musical?”

“Ne.” she nodded. “I like singing for people. Plus, that musical meant a lot to you, Mr. Screenwriter Oppa.” she giggled. “As does this drama. I’m going to remain loyal to old friends and new friends.”

“Were you torn?”

“Of course I was!” she exclaimed. “I want to do this for you too. I just didn’t want Uri Jagi to be hurt.”

“Aish…Bojogae is seriously lucky!” Taehyun grumbled. ‘I hate him and that stupid face of his! She’s still loyal to me too. Let’s see what the outcome of this is. She’s spending more time with me than she is with you. Too bad for you, Bojogae.’

“I’m going to make Uri Jagi’s birthday gift perfect!” ______ squealed to herself. “I have to make up for not spending much time with him.”

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________

Arasseo!~ ♥ I won't quit the story!

I love this story and my subbies too much.

I'll try to update as much as possible.

I'm seriously starting to fall behind. XD