☯ Traces of the Past

☯ Unfortunate Wish ☯

 

[Yabu’s POV]

I really don’t know why I am staying here at the infirmary and am looking after this girl. After her maniac laughing moment at the cafeteria a while ago, which totally scared me to death since it is the first time that I saw her act like that. Anyways, she just collapsed after that laugh and of course, as the one assigned to her, I had no other choice but to carry her here and wait for her to wake up.

“Thank you for bringing her here but she is fine. She was just a bit too stressed and she lacks sleep that is why she collapsed. I also think that she is not taking her medicines regularly anymore that is why her body condition is not in a really good shape” The nurse said. Wait, she has maintenance vitamins?

“I am sorry but she has maintenance vitamins?” I asked.

“Yes. Well, she usually needs to take Ferrous Sulfate since she needs Iron for her blood and another one for her hormones as well. She also needs to take in multivitamins when she is stressed and when she does her all nighters.” The nurse said.

“Why do you know all these information?” I asked.

“She always comes here to ask for my advice and she already told me about it so I know. You see, this girl almost never sleeps just to study for the exams and now that it is coming near, I bet she will be making a reviewer for her cousins again.” The nurse said as she looks at her with real concern.

“I see.” I never thought that this girl does that.

“I think she is fine now. You can go back here after your class. She just needs sleep. Owh! You are her classmate now right? You must attend the class.” The nurse said. Wow! She already knew about it.

“But no one will accompany her.” I said. Well, I would love to attend the class but there should be someone to look over her since the nurse insisted that her cousins should attend the class.

“I know but she will hate to miss a class. If you will be present, then I guess you can lend her your notes right? You can just come back here after your class.” The nurse said as she was literally shooing me away from her clinic and I guess she has a point.

[End of POV]

After their classes, the four other cousins immediately went to the clinic to see their ne-chan still on her peaceful slumber.

“So she was just a bit stressed. I guess that explains her weird laugh a while ago.” Rein said while trying to convince herself about things.

“I just realized that Black Hearts will totally make our stay here be like hell. We need to prepare ourselves for the worst.” Miki said as she hugged Honey-chan.

“I know but as of now, what matters to me is that ne-chan is safe.” Yuki said and they saw Sato flinched.

“Wee! She is now awake!” Haruka excitingly said as Satomi opened her eyes.

“What happened?” She asked and from the looks of it, she forgot what just happened.

“You slept at the cafeteria and we brought you here. How are you feeling?” Yuki said making the others surprised at her remark.

“I felt like I had a really bad dream.” Sato said as she held on to her head.

“Let us go home shall we!” Miki said worriedly.

“I think I still have some things to do. Haruka, are you planning to do the shopping today?” Sato asked.

“Yes! We will be having Chinese Cuisine later!” She said.

“Can you girls do the shopping for me? Here is the money.” She said as she took out her wallet and handed the budget to them.

“Are you not coming home with us?” Rein worriedly asked.

“I am sorry but there is something important I need to do.” Satomi said as she let out a weak smile.

“Rein, please help Haruka on her groceries, Yuki and Miki, please go home now and don’t forget to do your laundry ok. Today is Friday so that means laundry day. Try to clean the house as well so that we can do our Friday Anime marathon tonight. Is it clear?” Sato said as she gave out orders.

“Hai! As you wish dear warrior!” The girls said in unison as they gave a salute to Sato making them all laugh.

As all of the other girls went out the door of the clinic the school nurse looked at Satomi.

“So are you still keeping up that act?” She said making Satomi look at her as she took her glasses off and looked herself intently at the mirror.

“I guess I still need to.” Sato said as she then put her glasses back on.

“I think they are seriously concerned to the point that they lied to you just to at least ease you.” The school nurse said as she started fixing the bed where Satomi previously was.

“I know.” She said as she tried to fix herself.

“Today is the day right? Are you going there now?” The nurse said as she looked at Sato with a concerned look.

“It has been 5 years and I still cannot get over the whole idea of it. I still feel as if it all happened yesterday.” She said as she held on to her head.

“You should not stress yourself too much you know. You are almost killing your body.” The nurse said as she gave Sato some medicines.

“Are you not going there? He was important to you right?” Sato asked as the school nurse just gave a light chuckle.

“I have been there yesterday since I know you will come to visit him today. I want you to have a solemn moment.” The school nurse said as she then looked at Satomi again.

“Looking at you just makes me smile since you really look like him. Well, before I forgot, Yabu Kota might be here any minute to visit you. He was the one who carried you here when you collapsed.” The nurse said.

“I see. Thank you Sakura.” Satomi said as she uttered the nurse’s first name in a very boyish manner.

“Don’t do that again ok! It gives me the chills! It reminds me so much of him.” Sakura said as there was a hint of sadness on her eyes.

What they don’t know was that Kota was right at the door and was listening intently to their conversation.

“What does this all mean? Act? Him? And why does that nurse know a lot about her. There is something weird going on.” He thought to himself.

 

[Yuki and Miki]

“She knows it.” Yuki suddenly said as she was on her way home with Miki.

“Huh? What do you mean?” Miki asked as she was surprised by Yuki’s sudden remark.

“She knows that I was only lying.” Yuki said as Miki intently looked at her.

“How did you know that she knows? Also, do you know the reason why she is not going home with us?” Miki asked.

“Today is an important day for her. I saw him standing behind her as if waiting for her. I think she will go there first that is why she asked us to go ahead. She really is secretive isn’t she?” Yuki said as she then stopped as she saw an anime goods store.

“I see. Well, it would have been better if she just told us that she is going there anyways! We will understand!” Miki said as she then pouted.

“Well, you know that she doesn’t want us to worry about her. She knows that we will think of ways to make her happy if she will remind us about it.” Yuki said as she walked inside the store.

“It has been 5 years yet she still carries that burden in her.” Miki said as she entered the store with Yuki.

 

[Yuto and Keito]

“I can’t believe I am doing this with you.” Keito said as he looked at Yuto since they look like stalkers as they were trailing behind Miki and Yuki.

“Kota said we should investigate right?! That is what we are doing right now. Besides, we are not stalking them. It is just that this is also the way to our house right? We are technically just on our way home.” Yuto said as he tried to reason out.

“They are quite mysterious though.” Keito said as there was a serious look on his face.

“What made you say that?” Yuto asked.

“You also heard their conversation right? I wonder what it all means.” Keito asked as he was trying to think about the possibilities.

“Well, We don’t know that now yet but I guess soon we will. Isn’t this interesting! We are like detectives!” Yuto said as he then posed like a detective with a pipe and a hat on.

“Stop it will you. Seriously, why was I stuck with you?” Keito said as he again just had his facepalm move.

 

[Rein and Haruka]

“Rein chan, are you ok?” Haruka worriedly asked as she noticed Rein spacing out.

“I am just… I feel weird today. That is all.” Rein said as she has her arms behind her neck.

“I think I somehow understand how you feel. Ouch!” Haruka said as she suddenly tripped again and it was a good thing that she did not fall.

“That is 5 now.” Rein said as she has been counting how many times Haruka tripped during their trip around the grocery.

“This is the first time I saw her become like that.” Haruka said as she tries to remember what happened.

“It has been a while since Yuki and I saw that face. I never thought I will see it again.” Rein said as she tried to remember something from the past.

“Now that you have mentioned it, you and Yuki were the first ones among us who transferred to that mansion then Satomi nee came, then me and Miki as the last.” Haruka said.

“What happened before?” Haruka asked as she saw that Rein was silent.

“It was a bit complicated and a bit long and a bit tragic and it all happened 5 years ago. I myself forgot some of the details but this is the second time I saw her with that evil like aura around her. I was glad that she did not go berserk like what happened before.” Rein said.

“I cannot imagine her go berserk though. Owh! Would you want some mantao’s? Or some siomai?! Nee chan loves siomai! I will also prepare some stir fried beef with some veggies and some dumplings!” Haruka said as she remembers something.

“As long as you will be the one to cook it, it is fine with me!” Rein happily said.

 

*AN: I don’t know the English term for siomai but I love it so I included it here XD*

 

[Kei and Ryosuke]

“What seems to be bothering you?” Ryosuke asked as he noticed Kei letting out a deep sigh from time to time. They were at the grocery since Kei asked him to accompany him and buy some ice cream or anything to at least make it up to the stupidity he did just a while ago.

“I just… you know. Why do they have to glare at me like they are killing me softly? They should thank me because I bet there only Satomi and I got the logic about that starfish!” Kei said as he remembered how the four other guys reacted and how the four other girls glared at him and as her remembered that fire on Rein’s eyes.

Maybe it will be better if he believe it that way even though the four of us also got the logic. Ryosuke thought while listening to Kei.

“Especially that one assigned to me. Now I know why she is called the dragon.” Kei said as he was surprised that Ryosuke suddenly grabbed him and they looked like they hide from someone.

“Hey! What is it?” Kei asked and Ryosuke only stared ahead and as he checked where he was looking at, he saw that one person he is so afraid to see and Haruka who seems to be the complete opposite. There are images of chibi dragon and a chibi princess with a toque on his mind right now and yes, the dragon is no other than Rein.

“Speaking of the Devil Dragon.” Kei said as Ryosuke just shooshed him as if he was listening to their conversation.

They heard their conversation and looked at each other with like big question marks on top of their heads.

“What was that all about?” Ryosuke said.

“I don’t know! I have this feeling that I also don’t want to know.” Kei said as she felt some shivers on his spine.

“But I guess we need to know.” Ryosuke said.

“Let us just tell this to the others and see what we can do. Please, I feel like I don’t want to get involved in this.” Kei said as he was a bit scared about what it can possibly be about.

 

Kota secretly followed Satomi and noticed that she is going on a different route. She first went to a boutique shop and brought some clothes and then she went to a flower shop and bought a bouquet of white roses with a black rose at the middle. She then went to a store and changed clothes. Kota almost lost track of her because she went out with a different dress and it was a good thing that he remembered her bringing the bouquet of roses. He felt like what he was doing is wrong since he looks like he was stalking someone but he was a bit curious as well.

 

 

He continued following her and it lead him to a cemetery. She stood before one and she left the flower she bought. Now Kota understands why she was wearing an all black dress.

He was hiding and he made sure that Satomi will not notice his presence at all though it was really difficult.  He was creeped out by the thought that Satomi is wearing an all black dress with her bangs covering her eyes and her glasses on as well. It was like she was a member of a cult or something.

He saw Sato take her glasses off and together with her bag, she placed it down beside the grave.

“I have led you here already. I suppose you have something to ask?” She said loud enough for Kota to here though he is not sure if she is talking to the grave or was she referring to him. He still hid there and was surprised when Satomi looked at where he was and he felt like his heart is going to burst.

“There is no need to be scared you know. Thank you by the way for carrying me all the way to the clinic. It must have been a burden to you.” She said as she then looked at the grave again.

Kota was still scared and decided not to reveal himself yet.

“Yabu san, there is really no need for you to hide there.” She said and this just confirmed everything that Yabu was thinking as he then started walking and stood beside Satomi. He looked at the name imprinted on the grave and was really surprised.

“Would you mind telling me what happened?” Kota tried hard to gather all the courage he has in him to ask her.

“It is too early for you to know it all now.” She said as she took her things and wore her glasses again.

“Are we heading back home now?” Yabu asked since they just came.

“I want to stay here a little longer but maybe some other time.” Satomi said as she looked at the orange sky as she sees the sun setting and the image of the moon at the other side. After saying that, she felt a bit dizzy again and collapsed… again.

“Seriously! Again!” Kota said as he had no other choice but to carry her all the way back home.

“Is this my karma?! Darn it!” He said as he dashed off and carried her.

 



 

AN: Sorry if this chapter focused more on KoToMi parts XD hahaha!!! Hope you all understand the reason behind this ^_^