Chapter VI

The Criminal's Lover

After a tiring night of bothersome pleasing for my partner of the opposite , my eyes blinked open with bags sitting peacefully underneath like the nuisance it was. I groggily scratched my head, and get up to close the blinds. My head felt numb, as if I was having a migraine, and it was then that I finally noticed my clothing attire.

I was stripped of my own clothing with only the thinly-made bed sheets wrapped around my body. 

I began to search around the room, looking for the clothes that I was wearing yesterday. They weren't mine either, but I'd rather be walking in that dress than be in broad daylight. Finding the clothes sitting nicely-folded underneath the bed, I reached for them and hurriedly dressed up. Yongguk would be coming back in minute now, and I had to retrieve the chip before he did arrive.

So I began searching again, knowing that I'd have to scour through every spot in the room. The chip was very miniscule after all, and it would be easy to just blindly look past it. 

Seconds passed by. Then to minutes. Finally after a while longer, a whole hour passed by. Yongguk wasn't back, and the chip wasn't found either, but I knew that any minute now, he'd be strolling in through the door. I just didn't know that it would happen so soon.

"!" I screeched.

One, because I couldn't find the chip in time.

And two, because Yongguk had me tightly gripped onto his arm with a smug, triumphant look plastered across his face. At that moment, it was like all the fresh and healthily colored hues and tints had disappeared from my face. I was now a pale, white color, scared out of my mind, and afraid as to what would happen next.

"Is this what you want? What a pity though. It's mine now," he spoke, holding the small flake in the air. He made sure to keep it at a distance, just in case I would grab it and run.

"Give it back! It was never yours to begin with!" I screamed, pushing his body away from mine.

"Learn your place you little ! You think that with your little get-up, I wouldn't know you're one of them? I can smell that ing man's scent from you just miles away. You're Myungsoo's woman, aren't you?"

"And if I am? What can you do to me?" I snapped back and regretting it for he had his hands gripped around my neck, almost as if choking me.

"Darling, you shouldn't have said that."

He then searched through his pockets, taking out a crimson-colored handkerchief. He blanketed it across both my nose and mouth, and covered it firmly with the palm of his hand. I started to scream, knowing what he was trying to get at. 

He wanted to drug me.

I tried to wiggle out of his grasp, frailing my arms and legs around as well as holding in my breath before the drug would officially take control. But after a much failed attempt, my oxygen depleted to a very low, and I gave up, knowing that he had already won the minute he walked through the door.

And slowly but surely, my eyes drooped down, up until my line of vision was left in darkness.

 

 

 

"Wake up. Ji Eun, wake up," I woke up to the sound of Myungsoo's whispers, my eyes dilating after watching his attempts to untie me from my chair.

I was held captive in what looked to be a warehouse. I was sitting down in a lone chair with boxes stacked to a high and surrounding me from every direction. There was no one else in the warehouse, and for some reason, Myungsoo was here by my side.

"H-How did you get here? And where are the others?" I asked wearily, still feeling the buzzing aftereffect of the drug. 

"Yongguk's probably gone, handing the chip to his higher-ups. There's a few guards in the front, but I managed to enter through one of the back doors," he said, still focusing most of his attention at the knot in front of him, "! Just how many times did he tie this damn thing?"

"But how did you even know I was here? I'm pretty sure I never told you of where I was going."

Myungsoo back away from the chair and stretched his arms, yawning. "You know you can get up now; I finished untying you. Before I was about to leave to take care of business, Seunghyun came to the house and told me of everything you were about to get yourself into. So I came to the club and you weren't even there. Hell, I even had to bring reinforcements with me because of all the enemies who were there. It was like they all knew me, and the moment they saw my face, they tried to kill me. But of course they failed."

After hearing what he had to say, I looked away from him, feeling a large amount of depression building up within me. I did all of this so he would have less to worry about, but even after doing so, I still caused him so much trouble. My eyes began to water, and I urged it to stop by blinking a few times.

"You shouldn't be here Myungsoo. They don't care for me at all, but I know for a fact that they want you. They purposely held me captive here just to lure you in, and it worked! You walked right into their trap!"

"I don't care if I get hurt. I've already been through the worst; don't forget that Ji Eun. But you! Why the hell did you put yourself through this? I know I was angry, and I apologize, but Ji Eun, I don't want you to throw yourself over the edge like this. It's dangerous for you, and this is the exact reason why I never wanted you to get involved."

"Myung-"

"Well isn't this just cute? How sweet of you!" The voice of another cut mine off.

"Yongguk, you !" Myungsoo spat, seemingly knowing the man's voice from miles away. One could tell their hatred for each other just by seeing them standing in the same room. They were polar opposites in all categories.

" My my now; watch your language, Kid," Yongguk ordered, then turned back smiling sweetly. "I would have never imagined our dear, little Myungsoo to be saying something so adorable! How disgusting."

"You ing piece of--" Myungsoo halted and took a breath, trying to calm himself down. "Why? Why did you have to bring Ji Eun into this?"

Yongguk leaned back and held his hand over his heart, as if offended by what Myungsoo had to say. "Excuse me? The little over there came to me. Get your damn facts straight."

"Don't call her a . She is no-"

"Although she is amazing in bed! And I'm positive she liked the way I did her. After all, she was screaming my name in pleasure. What a little ."

Myungsoo's eyes sharply changed into a dark black. He lost it at that moment, running up to Yongguk and tackling him. He sat on top of the man, clenching his shirt tightly and jabbed at his skull. 

"SHUT THE UP ! SHUT THE UP! YOU DIDN'T SLEEP WITH HER!" Myungsoo screamed, holding his bawled fist up in the air.

Yongguk grabbed it and tossed it to the side. "Ouch, well didn't that hurt? If you don't believe me, why don't you go ahead and ask your woman over there?" 

Myungsoo dropped his hands and slowly limped to my side.

"Ji Eun, is it true?"

"I-It was all for you. I'm sorry Myungsoo, I'm sorry! I just wanted to help!"

"SO THIS IS HOW YOU HELPED? BY SLEEPING WITH HIM?"

A tear drooped down the frame of my face, experiencing his sharp cries of anger jabbing at my soul. I didn't want to cry; not now, at least, but I just couldn't help it. One after another, tears streamed down my face followed by hiccups and a rush of redness and embarrassment taking over. I was ashamed of myself. I didn't deserve him.

"Men!" Yongguk snapped, and two rows of thugs lined in fours rushed in after the call. He ordered, "Beat the man up. I have business to attend to. We'll finally be taking control of the Enemy!" Yongguk cheered.

Just as ordered, they all surrounded him, one by one, beating Myungsoo whoever he pleased. I continued to cry, watching him being beaten right before my eyes. I knew that he often got into fights like this, but I never saw it in person. And I'm glad I never have until now.

"Stop it! Stop hurting him! Please!" I urged every single one of them, eventually earning a harsh slap across the face from one of the thugs.

"Shut up. You're so annoying."

I held my cheek in pain, my sobs transitioning from slight cries to loud, painful wails. I wanted them to stop, but once again was I defenseless. They attacked Myungsoo's body, using whatever possessions they had a hold of to throw and hurt him. A few kicked his stomach, stepping on it and digging it into his skin. Myungsoo coughed up blood, and at that moment, I knew he was close to breaking the edge.

"Stop it!" I shrieked, throwing my body on top of Myungsoo's. I wrapped my arms around him protectively. "Stop hurting him!"

A man picked me up and threw me to the side, my knee scraping against the concrete flooring at the same time.

"Stop interfering!" 

Myungsoo managed to speak, even after he was coughing up blood and tears. "Ji Eun, leave! I'll be fine so just go!"

"But I can't lea-" 

"GO!"

I nodded my head and stared into his eyes one last time before leaving. He mouthed a few words; vague, it was, but I managed to understand every bit of it. After all, they were words that he always spoke. Words that I always heard from him. But even still, they managed to pierce into my soul, leaving a slight pang in my heart. It hurt. It hurt so much.

The words he said.

'I love you Ji Eun. I love you so, so much.'

 

 

*************************

 

 

"Doctor, how did I end up here in the first place?" I ask after carefully thinking about the past, just as she's ordered.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, I do remember leaving the warehouse, but everything after that is just a blur. I can't seem to figure out what happens next, and the thought of it bothers me so much."

The doctor grabs hold of her clipboard once more and takes out her ball-point pen, copying down everything I just said. I look away as she continues writing, staring silently at the continous drops of rain from the outside.

She finally speaks, "Well, it says here that you fainted the minute you stepped into town covered in both blood and dirt. The witnesses said you were screaming for help down South by the warehouse. The police came minutes after, arresting everyone in there for being involved in a gang fight. And-"

"What happened to him? Kim Myungsoo?" I ask out of curiousity, also hoping to hear that he's fine. That he's alive and well and is waiting for me to leave the hospital.

"He's-" she pauses, unsure of whether to continue, but I urge her to. "Well, he's dead. From too much loss of blood."

My arms droop down to the side, and I stare down at the groud silently. After a moment of silence, I walk back to bed and lay down. I rest my arm over my forehead, trying to calm the surge of feelings wanting to explode from within. I feel a mix of everything. Pain, guilt, sadness, anger, but if I had too pick, I would say a mix of everything. I stop myself from almost crying, only letting a single tear fall down the frame of my face.

I can't cry. Myungsoo would be sad knowing I was crying because of him. 

So I just smile, but even then, the tears still come out. And as I cry in bed with the doctor watching me pitifully, I still smile. I smile and cry, clutching onto my heart as it harshly pangs against my ribcage.

It hurts.

But I manage to speak, knowing that she was still waiting for the answer to her question.

"I-I think I know why I'm here."

"And why is that, Ji Eun?"

"I fell in love with him. Myungsoo. I fell in love with a criminal."

"I can see that, but what does that have to do with you being here?" she asks for more clarification, still confused by what I said. I'm confused by my own words, wondering why I blurt that out so randomly. But after putting in a bit more thought, I findd the answer.

It is because I changed. And Myungsoo brought forward that change. I changed for him, and because of so, I've become exactly like him. I've become one of his kind. One of them.

 

"It's because I, myself, have become a criminal."


If you're confused by the ending, I suggest reading the beginning again since it changed somewhat.