Author's Note

The Criminal's Lover

 

After reading this fanfiction, I'm sure most of you will probably just skip this. I mean, who reads an author's note these days? Author's notes have become a tradition. I like writing them to explain myself at the end of each fanfiction! So I decided to write one for this fanfiction as well. Even though the story has ended, I still hope you take the time to read this!

As you all know, this is a contest entry for xitslisax3 and luv4yen's The Sky Is The Limit. I'm sure most ofyou know of this contest since it is quite popular amongst the AFF community. I know this entry probably isn't good enough, and that there's a good chance that I won't win. I mean, look at all those entries! There's so many, and mine can't even compare to some of those holy stories!

Although I can say this. I am proud of my story, and I sincerely think that I did my very best. I did my best and that's all that matters. And I am, after all, quite proud of the finishing product if I do say so myself. I hope all of you are satisfied with it too. I had to revise and edit and revise and edit, and I'm still in the process of revising and editing!

This fanfiction is actually based off of this one syndrome called Hybristophilia. I didn't write about the syndrome exactly, although I can say that Ji Eun is based off of it. She's fallen for the criminal, and is obsessed with in, and in the end, only ends up hurting and bringing herself down. She also becomes a criminal along the way because of her obsession. But the difference is that she is truly in love with him and does not have a syndrome. She's doing this because she truly does love the man.

Which brings to this next. The moral of the story. Most of my stories don't exactly have a moral to it, but this one does. And I'm proud of all of you because you all managed to grasp onto it so quickly! Many of you kept questioning Ji Eun's actions, and all I can really say is this: When you love a person, you will do anything for him. And that's what happened to Ji Eun.

Myungsoo was a bit of an oddball. A few of you were wondering if he even loved Ji Eun to begin with. He did, but his addiction to drugs got the best of him. He started to change and became the person he is today. So in return, I verified his love for Ji Eun in the chapter in which he proposed. I hoped you all understood that.

But that kind of backfired. I made the story, already having in mind that this would be tragedy. But all of you were killing me! After the proposal, more than half of you were begging for him not to die even though I already planned for him to be killed! All of you were seriously trying to rip me apart! I was considering even writing a happy ending after all. But in the end, I didn't.

I truly felt that it was better to end things this way. I mean, this story was supposed to help teach a lesson, and if I made them live happily, that would be the same as encouraging these things. Kind of like how 16 and Pregnant glorifies pregnant teens. I didn't want that so I that's why I took this direction. Hope you all understand. Sorry for disappointing all of you with the ending. :/

Also, in some of the chapters, there were a few words in which I deliberately capitalized such as the following: Enemy, Base, Taker, and Keeper. I capitalized these words because in this alternate universe, they're considered as proper nouns in the organization. I hope that's all clear with you.

Oh! And some of you were asking for another story with Ji Eun and Myungsoo in it, but I'm afraid to say that I won't be making another MyungU fanfiction for a little while. I want to write a story with her and my other biases first before coming back to the MyungU pairing. After all, I ship her with just about everyone in the world.

If any of you Daehyun lovers are out there, I made a fanfiction about DaeU. If you're fine with that, I do hope you give it a try. The fanfiction isn't the most original, but I find that it's the everyday stories that are the most touching, the ones you can relate to. So please do check out the fanfiction Proceeding With Patience when you have the time! It's kind of funny because a few of you found the story without me even mentioning it!

Thank you for all the love and support, and I appreciate those of you who have been following me since the start and supporting me with every fanfiction I've made. Even the not-so-good stories that I wrote when I first started. I'm still quite surprised by the high number of subscribers. I mean 50+ for this story? I still can't believe it.

I love you all. Every single one of you. I've always been known as Keena-Choding, the designer. I've barely ever been complimented on my writing before. At least, not the way all of you have. So I'm really thankful to each and every single one of you! It inspires me so much because I take pride in my writing sooo much, and graphic designing is just a hobby to me!

And I hope you all will continue to support me with my new IU fanfictions. I'll be writing about her more frequently from now on!

 

- Keena-Choding
TheQueen

 

PS: How many of you figured out that the Seunghyun I kept mentioning was T.O.P? Like, no one even brought it up yet. OTL.