Red Tulips

The Red Tulip

 

A year later,

 

"Kai, where are you going?" I followed Kai sedately as he led me to a big flower garden behind SM Ent.'s building. "Wow. It's beautiful." The garden left me jaw dropped; it was filled with diverse efflorescence's.

"Do you like it?" Kai asked sweetly.

"I-I do." I was still in the midst of amazement when suddenly Kai grabbed my hands.

 "Yun Hee, I want you to be my girlfriend." My eyes dilated.

"But Kai-"

"I know. I'm Taemin's best friend but it was me who found you in the first place. Please, come to me. I'll never hurt you and I'll never make you cry." He pleaded.

"N-no... I can't, I'm sorry!"

I'm sorry Kai. It's already a year since Taemin and I broke up, but still; it's still him who owns my heart.

 

I was on my way to the parking lot when suddenly something dropped from my bag. It's the tulip keychain Taemin gave me. I suddenly remembered the first time we held hands.

 

Flashback

Taemin found himself utterly clueless, completely distraught, and helplessly baffled. Walking beside you, his girlfriend, he didn't know if he was supposed to just hold your hand, or hold you by the waist, or take you by the shoulders; so what he decided to do was to awkwardly walk beside you and make no effort to show the gawking male onlookers that you were actually his.

And that was when he felt his fingertips tingle at your small, petite touch. Looking down, his eyes came to meet your glimmering irises. You simply smiled, intertwining your fingers together, sending a mysterious jolt up Taemin's spine.

You held up your hands, grinning at the way your fingers seemed to have perfectly molded together, as if they were constructed to lace flawlessly with one another.

Then you smiled, gazing into his eyes, opening you mouth to enlighten him about this new game he has yet to grow accustomed.

 

"Taemin-ah, if you don't want other men flirting with your girlfriend, you have to hold my hand out in public, okay?"

 

End of Flashback

 

 

"Oh Taemin, I miss you so much." I went inside the car, start the engine and stared entirely at the keychain, crying.

I grabbed my phone to text him. I was hesitating at first but then again, I cannot bear anymore the loneliness that I'm feeling starting from the day we broke up. It's just all too much.

 

To: Taemin [SHINee]

From: Yun Hee :)

            Uhmm. Hi Taemin.

            How are you?

 

I press send. "I hope he's still using the same number…" I mumbled as I started driving.

 

2 days have passed. Still, no reply from him. "He did change his number." Bitter as it was, I finally admitted it. Then, *beep* is this what I'm waiting for? I immediately grabbed my phone, expecting a message from him. Thank heavens!

 

To: Yun Hee :)

From: Taemin [SHINee]

            Meet me at eight, Han River. See you.

 

That's it? I suddenly felt happy and at the same time scared. Maybe he'll dump me, or maybe he'll present to me his new girlfriend. Aishhh, this is so frustrating. Still, I'm happy that he's still using his old number. I looked at my watch, it's still early so I decided to change outfit. I wore my favorite white V-neck shirt, gray cardigan, and black chucks. Too simple I guess. I bet her new girlfriend is a trainee at SM too…just the thought of it slowly breaks my heart. She might be wearing fancy clothes unlike mine. I looked at my attire again in the mirror. "Oh well."

I drove to Han River at about 7:30 so I arrived there minutes earlier. There's no sign of him. It's weird though. The benches and tables were gone; it was replaced with big carts covered with cloth. "What happened here?" the place looks like it was decorated for an event. A wedding proposal? Birthday? Then, a bright light flashed in front of me.

Taemin?

It was him. Holding a big spotlight, "Is that you? Wh-what are you doing?" I cannot see him clearly because of the eye-blinding light he's flashing to me.

"See, if I do this, you will look at me." Oh my, my childish Taemin. He could've just called my name. I laughed. "What's so funny?" he askedinnocently.

"Nothing, I'm just so happy to see you…" I looked up, trying to block up my tears; but of course, I failed. He ran to me and grabbed my hands.

"Stop, don’t cry Yun Hee. You know how much I hate to see you crying." He then pushed one of the carts towards me.

"What's that?" I faltered, my voice shaking. Instead, he just smiled in reply. All of the sudden, gleaming, colorful lights started to fill the area around us. What the-

A huge 'SORRY SHIN YUN HEE' Broadway billboard was flashing for everyone who's strolling at the river to see. He grabbed my hands cautiously.

Don't Taemin, I might hold on to these hands again. I let go of his hands and turned around so he couldn’t see my face while crying. He pulled me fleetly in his arms and gently wiped the tears on my cheeks.

"If you're going to cry, cry in front of me."

My sweet Taemin. I cannot tolerate my feelings anymore so I cried in his arms like a little child.

"Yun Hee, you don't have any idea how much I missed you."

I cried harder.

"Please return to me. Don't leave me again like that. This past whole year tortured me wholly. All I can ever think was you, how are you doing, did you eat breakfast and the other meals? Have you found another…" his voice was shaking and I knew he was about to cry too, so I held his hands tightly. "I'm sorry Taemin; I never wanted to leave you like that. It had the same effect to me you know. Without you, my days were lonely and boring. Without you, I was scourged. Loneliness was eating me up. And of course, the thought of you being with somebody else, it's just so painful. And kai-" he put his finger on my lips, "I know. Kai, he loves you. Moreover, I thought you're going to accept his proposal but you didn't. I was sorry for him, and happy at the same time."  he said with a faint smile. He opened the cart and dozens of red tulips were showcasing their fifty shades and dulcet scent.

"They're for you." Handing me a dozen.  "Why tulips?" I asked, curiously.

"Didn’t you know? Red tulips represents a strong declaration of unending love, Yun Hee. It was the same flower I gave to you- the day you broke up with me.." he looked down, I can sense the lugubriousness in his face.

"Taemin.. ."

 "Promise me that you'll never leave me again. That no matter what happens you'll always stay with me." he's eyes were intensely looking at me.

"But-your career..your manager and fans. They might get-.."

Again, he subdued me. "Everything's okay now. I'll clear everything for the media; I know the manager and fans, they'll understand… I love you Yun Hee!" Taemin replied, and grabbed both sides of my face with his hands. The warmth of his hands was comforting on my cold cheeks. He leaned down and planted his lips onto mine, embracing me into a kiss. My lips trembled from the sudden action. Taemin took this opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth and my mouth was filled with a gush of warm air. I didn't know how to respond and stood there dumbfounded, letting his tongue roam around inside my mouth, my mouth becoming wet around the edges, his nose slightly brushing against my nose, and his hands sliding down to my waist. Taemin felt my hesitation and pulled me closer to him, deepening the kiss. I closed my eyes and let my hands find their way to his neck, wrapping my arms around it. My tongue started to move and I felt our tongues dance around in our mouths, exploring every inch inside of each other's mouths. I was drowned in sweet bliss. It was passionate and delighting. I didn't want this moment to end.

 

We finally broke apart from the kiss, both of us panting, creating fog in the air with our breath. Still holding onto my waist, Taemin rested his forehead on mine and pecked me on the lips.

 

 

 

            "I love you, always."