What Fate Had Brought

Their Worn Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She was hunched over the toilet, hair pulled back with one hand, and another rubbing her chest to coax the vile substance out. It was happening more often lately, this feeling of needing to vomit everything out.

 

"Are you alright?" Min asked, running to her when she saw AeRin hunched over the toilet for the third time that day. "Something's wrong with you, Rinnie. You should go to a doctor."

 

"No," AeRin answered, wiping with a tissue. "I don't need to go when I already know what's wrong."

 

"Just go, AeRin, to be sure. Self-diagnoses are not always right."

 

"I'm late."

 

"Late? For what? An appointment?"

 

"I'm late," AeRin said again, stressing the last word. She saw her friend's eyes go round and forming an 'O'.

 

"Oh. Oh." 

 

AeRin nodded.

 

"Did you check...?"

 

"It said positive."

 

"Does he know?"

 

"No."

 

"AeRin! This is his..."

 

"Two months. I'll tell him in two months when everything's stable," AeRin promised. "I won't say anything until I know the baby is safe."

 

"Why?"

 

"My emotions are still a mess," she answered, "and I haven't decided what we should do. I don't know if I can trust him again. But if the baby passes the first trimester, we'll start over again without a doubt."

 

Min pursed her lips. "You shouldn't force yourself to do something you're not ready for."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter