The First Crack

Their Worn Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The memories were coming back to him now. A kiss here, a there, a nibble here. Hands groping, clothes ripping, bodies writhing on the floor. Lust-filled emotions ran wild and suddenly, he was doings things he never should have done.

 

It was all a mistake. It shouldn't have happened. They shouldn't have happened. 

 

He could have said that it was her fault. But, who was he kidding? He knew - and she knew - that he was as guilty as she was.

 

She had known the minute he walked through the door, before she saw the marks on his neck and the guilty look on his face. It was a fear that she had always had, since the day they had first started dating. It was a fear he knew as well; after all, he was the one who promised her that it would never happen. He had let anger take over, intent on obtaining revenge, over an issue that had happened way before they had ever started dating. She had told him that too, but, in his anger, he had refused to listen. And now, he was paying the price.

 

She had refused to speak to him since he came back that night. He was used to their fights, to her silent treatment, but it had never been this long. Their previous fights had only lasted a day, and sometimes less. Yet, it's been well over two days and the tension was still as thin as ice. 

 

He apologized and apologized, tearing up each time, but he knew that his wife wouldn't be able to forgive him. She didn't believe him, and he didn't know when she would start trusting him again. His words fell on deaf ears, and his heart broke each time he caught her gaze, only to have her hastily look away after he saw her pained expression. 

 

And that was what she was doing now, as she packed her suitcase. "How long will you be gone?"

 

Silence. All he heard was silence. But, as he moved away to leave her in peace, he heard a voice that he didn't think he'd ever hear again. "I don't know."

 

"Two weeks?" He asked, hoping that it'd be even less than that. 

 

She shrugged, and he felt his heart shrink. "Who knows."

 

She never told him that she was leaving. She had written it on a note, denying him the right to hear her voice.

 

It would be better if we live apart. We need some space, and I think separation is the best option we have right now.

 

He had offered to leave, but she had shook her head and scribbled something else.

 

I will. It's not fair to you to move when you're promoting right now. And that was the end of their conversation.

 

"AeRin." He said her name softly. "How long will it take to forgive me?"

 

"I don't know, Wooyoung. I really don't know." She closed her suitcase and zipped it. "I don't think it's fair of you to ask me this right now."

 

"I'm sorry."

 

She shook her head. "No m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter