Fruit Juice

She's Into , So Call Me Gay

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

Hyo Min’s POV

“Finally!” I groaned as Minho and I passed the finish line.

I turned to him expecting to see him huffing and puffing but instead he was standing tall with a huge grin on his face.

“That was a piece of cake,” he smirked at me before giving Key a high five.

Key returned it before promptly passing out on the floor.

Ugh. Why was Minho the only one not tired?!

For the “being born” event, the families had to complete a relay race, with the “babies” completing the last stretch of the course.

Key had to do his part with his ankle weights while Onew cheered us on.

After all, the dad doesn’t really do anything in the delivery room…

So when the baton was finally passed to Minho and me, we ran for our lives.

But why am I the only one dying here?!

I shot Minho a dirty look but he just grinned triumphantly at me.

“I always win,” he whispered smugly, sending chills down my back.

Ugh how can someone be infuriatingly hot and annoying at the same time?!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

Jonghyun’s POV

“You guys did great!” I ruffled Eun Ha’s hair and resisted the urge to hug her.

“Yea we did!” she grinned and pulled Taemin in for a bear hug.

I narrowed my eyes. Lucky duck.

“And you were the perfect cheerleader hyung!” Taemin grinned at me, wiggling his eyebrows at my bright green pom poms.

I dropped them immediately before anyone noticed that I was still holding on to them while all the other guys had dropped them as soon as the race finished.

“Wanna check on how your girlfriend did?” Taemin finally pulled away from Eun Ha and eagerly looked around.

“I bet they got first place,” I rolled my eyes, ignoring the “girlfriend” comment.

Minho is always a beast at everything that involved competition…

Sure enough, they were receiving first place medals from Madame Shim.

Key was sprawled across the grass and his medal was dropped on his stomach.

Onew was jumping up and down excitedly and waving his pom pom around.

Minho was standing straight and Hyo Min was still trying to catch her breath.

“Hey!” I tapped Hyo Min on the shoulder to congratulate her and she spun around quickly.

“Hey guys!” she greeted the three of us with a tired grin.

“Congratulations,” I didn’t want to hug her in front of Eun Ha so I settled for a light punch on the shoulder.

“You guys did great out there,” Eun Ha piped in, “It was honestly pretty amazing considering there was two of you!”

Yeap. Since they were “twins,” they had to go through the whole course together. Meaning Hyo Min had to keep up with Minho while he ran, leapt, skipped etc. I was actually in shock when they passed us.

I never knew that Hyo Min was that athletic. I mean if she can keep up with Minho?

“Thanks,” Hyo Min smiled and glanced at Minho, “It wasn’t too bad.”

“Right,” Minho smirked, “Who was the own begging me to slow down?”

Hyo Min rolled her eyes and wiped her hands on her sweatpants.

“Woah, nice outfit,” Taemin finally jumped in, “You guys really match! Except for Onew and Key…”

Curious, I looked at Hyo Min’s outfit again.

She was wearing dark blue sweatpants that looked a lot like the ones Minho was wearing. Their shirts also looked extremely similar…

Is she wearing…Minho’s clothes..?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

Taemin’s POV

“Nice outfit,” I examined Hyo Min, a grin beginning to form on my face, “And nice hair!”

Her hair was tied up in a messy bun instead of being glossy and well-made. She was wearing sweatpants that were OBVIOUSLY Minho’s (Yea there was a time when I wanted to look like a sportsy cool guy like him so I examined his closet secretly). And DUN DUN DUNNNN she had THE LOOK.

What exactly is the THE LOOK?

The tired, frantic, I-got-out-of-some-guy’s-bed-this-morning-and-I-had-no-time-to-change-into-my-own-clothes look.

“Shut up,” Hyo Min shot me a look and narrowed her eyes.

“Did you have a sleepover?” I asked innocently, raising my eyebrows at Minho.

“I thought Aunt never let you,” Eun Ha turned to Hyo Min in confusion.

“Hmmm going against your mother huh?” I said with a huge smile, “So it’s a forbidden love..?”

LOL. I watched as Hyo Min turned super red.

“Just drop it Minnie,” Minho laughed, “So what’d you guys think of the relay race?”

“Cheerleading was fun!” Onew said with a huge grin.

“Yea cause you guys did nothing!” Eun Ha punched Jonghyun in the arm and he opened his mouth to protest.

After that I tuned out and just stared at Hyo Min.

She mouthed a silent thank you to Minho.

Then she kept staring at him while he tried to pull Key to his feet.

Taemin you are seriously amazing. It’s like you can read people’s minds!

Hyo Min. Is. Falling. For. Minho.

When she’s supposed to be dating Jonghyun. Who likes Eun Ha. Who is confused about her feelings for Key.

This is seriously getting complicated.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

Onew’s POV

“Um is it just me or does our plan to get Taemin to his own party sound kind of,” I wrinkled my nose, “e-ish.”

We were sitting around Minho’s living room, which was decorated with colorful balloons and streamers. Since the race was the only thing we had to do, we got let out of school early. Taemin had to go straight home though for a small celebration with his family.

“Trust me, it’ll work,” Key rolled his eyes.

“Sad to say but it probably will,” Jonghyun agreed his mouth full of cookies.

“Those are for the party,” Minho grabbed the cookie dish from Jonghyun and set it on the counter before tossing me a huge bag of candy.

And when I say candy, I mean the MOTHERLODE of candy.

The bag had everything from chocolates to butterscotch to mints to skittles and everything!

It was like a child’s dream, all in one huge bag.

“Well the party’s starting soon so let’s go,” Hyo Min sighed and got up, “Time for Operation Get Taemin’s Here.”

I followed her lead and jumped up, almost tripping over my feet.

“I’ll pick up his new white Audi then,” Jonghyun leapt up excitedly. Key got up with him since he would be driving my van while Jonghyun drove the white Audi back.

“So we just have to welcome the guests?” Eun Ha grinned at Minho, who nodded.

“Into the kidnap van we go then!” Hyo Min said a little too brightly before grabbing my arm.

She had changed out of those sweatpants into dark mini shorts and a cropped soccer shirt that exposed her stomach.

Eun Ha says I’m pretty gullible when it comes to love, but I’m willing to bet a year’s supply of chicken that Minho was checking her out…

Anyways…

She put on a dark trench coat and sunglasses before handing me a similar outfit.

“See you guys in a bit,” I waved to everyone.

Then with my huge bag of candy, Hyo Min and I got into the kidnap van and drove towards the school.

“This plan better work,” Hyo Min laughed lightly.

I nodded seriously. It better.

Or else…

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

Jonghyun’s POV

After handing Onew’s car keys to Key, I slid into Taemin’s brand new white Audi.

The seats were creamy white leather and the dashboard lit up with soft blue lights.

“Wow,” I breathed as I started up the engine.

Key pulled up beside me looking not as cool in the beat up van LOL.

“So meet up at the party wearing our chosen outfits?” he raised an eyebrow.

I nodded.

I was so going to win this thing.

“See you then,” he smirked before driving away coolly.

Psh I look way cooler!

I stepped on the gas and the car made a deep sound.

Whoops. Forgot to take it off park.

“You put it in drive and then you go, babe,” Key called out from the street before doubling over in laughter.

Ugh so much for looking cool.

He is so going down tonight!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

Minho’s POV

I arranged all the food in the kitchen and made sure that there were colorful balloons everywhere. Taemin seriously loved balloons…

Then I walked over to the living to fix the couch.

It was still slightly messy from this morning.

With a grin I remembered waking up an hour late for school. We barely had time to do anything so we just ran out the door and jumped on my motorcycle.

Hyo Min looked like a fat panda bear when she first woke up. Okay, a reaaally cute panda bear. A cute, slim panda bear. Which is pretty amazing considering how she eats.

But even though she was tired, she was still pretty bossy.

“You said you had no gas!” she had whacked my arm as soon as I started my bike, “You just wanted me to sleep over!”

“You wish!” I called back with a smirk, only to have her lightly punch my arm again.

“When we get to school, you are so getting it!” she yelled threateningly, her voice almost drowned out by my motorcycle.

I had to suppress a huge grin.

It was so worth it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

Eun Ha’s POV

“Did something good happen?” I walked over to the living room and saw Minho grinning to himself.

When he heard me, he changed his expression into a more muted smile.

“Nope,” he shrugged and gestured towards the cupcake I made for Taemin, “Nice design by the way!”

I rolled my eyes at his oh-so-subtle subject change.

“Thanks. Key helped,” I mumbled, feeling my face redden.

Gah stupid Eun Ha! DO NOT THINK ABOUT THE FROSTING INCIDENT!

How he was practically hugging me…and breathing in my ear…and holding my hand…and…

“You guys make a good team,” Minho smiled, “Key loves decorating things but none of us were really into that stuff.”

My ears perked up. Even Jonghyun..? Key’s so-called soulmate?

Before my thoughts could go any further though, I mentally slapped myself.

Ok I CANNOT start thinking about how Key and I might actually be kind of good together…

But thinking about it is WAY better than thinking about how fast Jonghyun makes my heart beat…or how cute he is when he smiles at me…

Because with Jonghyun, I hate to admit it, there’s a risk.

A risk of me actually falling for him.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

Hyo Min’s POV

“Hey err little boy, would you like some ummm candy?” Onew called out in a high pitched voice.

I slunk down further into my trench coat.

Yes.

We were luring Taemin into our kidnap van with candy.

“Sorry but I’m in a hurry!” Taemin kept walking, not even the least bit scared.

I kept driving at a slow pace so Onew could keep talking to him.

“Just come a little closer and grab some candy!,” Onew pleaded, shaking the bag in front of Taemin.

Taemin better grab the candy or I swear I’m yanking the bag out of Onew’s hands. Minho wouldn’t let me have any despite the fact that there was a ton.

 “Your eating habits ,” he’d shook his head at me. I had bit back my reply that his sleeping habits . In the middle of the night he’d taken his shirt off and fallen back asleep as if being shirtless was no big deal. Which it would have been if he wasn’t so muscular and toned. But yea…nobody needs to know that I know that.

“Wait is that white chocolate?!” Taemin’s eyes suddenly lit up when he examined the bag closely. I snapped out of my thoughts.

Perfect!

“No those are mints,” Onew shook his head.

I resisted the urge to bang my head against the steering wheel.

“Dear, of course those are white chocolates!” I hissed at Onew.

“I’ll take one then!” Taemin took a step towards the van with an arm outstretched.

1…2..3…

SNATCH!

In a flash, Onew grabbed Taemin’s arm and threw him into the bus.

Within seconds, the door was closed and we were driving away.

After driving for a minute, I realized that it was eerily silent.

Curious, I glanced at the rearview mirror.

Onew had fallen asleep…and Taemin was stuffing his face with butterscotch candies.

“This is way better than chocolate!” he grinned to himself.

Okay….

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

Onew’s POV

“We’re here!” Hyo Min slammed the brakes hard and my eyes flew open.

Okay so cheerleading this morning had really tired me out, so I passed out…

I glanced at Taemin, who had devoured half of the bag of candy.

At least he didn’t give Hyo Min any trouble…

“Where are we?” Taemin’s voice raised in alarm, as if only noticing that we had snatched him off the streets.

“Happy Birthday,” Hyo Min and I said simply.

And with that, we led him out of the van.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

Taemin’s POV

“Woah! This is so cool!” my mouth dropped open in surprise.

Okay I had known they were throwing me a party since I had secret microphones everywhere but I didn’t know it was this huge!

Minho’s house was decorated with lights and streamers and tons of people were roaming around his garden.

And there, in the middle of the driveway, was a sleek black Corvette.

“Ohmygod is that for me?!” I practically squealed, leaping up and down.

Out of nowhere, Jonghyun appeared.

“Err that’s Kai’s car,” he rubbed the back of his head.

BOOOOO!

“But you have that one!” he grinned and pointed to a white Audi parked on the curb.

OHMYGOD YAY!! I feel like one of those girls’ on MTVs Sweet Sixteen!!

“It’s from your parents,” Jonghyun explained with a grin.

I knew it! I knew that their birthday present to me wasn’t that bowl of seaweed soup my mom made!

“What else is there?!” I hopped up excitedly.

“Let’s go inside,” Hyo Min suggested before turning to Jonghyun, “You look really nice by the way!”

I stopped mid-hop and saw Jonghyun’s outfit for the first time.

He was wearing dark skinny jeans, a gray button down shirt, a dark grey sweater, and a leather jacket.

“Woah we have a badass over here,” I giggled before letting Hyo Min lead me inside.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

The inside of Minho’s house was pitch dark except for strobe lights and a giant disco ball hanging where his chandelier usually was.

And on top of all the tables…THERE WERE SWEETS!!

There were cupcakes and cakes and fruit and candies and everything! It was better than the candy bag.

“You have me and Eun Ha to thank for all the sugar,” Key spoke up, appearing ut of nowhere.

He was wearing black leather sneakers, dark skinny jeans like Jonghyun, and a simple black shirt from some street brand. Not a hint of pink anywhere…He actually looked like a guy haha…

Then out of nowhere, I felt someone barrel into me.

“Happy Birthday!” Eun Ha gave me a huge hug and then stepped back.

And for the first time I really saw what Key and Joghyun saw in her.

She was wearing a short black skirt and heels and had on a lavender tank top and chandelier earrings. Her smile was so sweet I wanted so badly to see if she tasted like candy….but Key might punch me so…

“Thanks!” I said instead, “And thanks for the cupcake!” I had seen it on one of the tables as I entered.

“You’re welcome,” Eun Ha beamed, “Minho wanted to say Happy birthday at the same time but something caught his attention.”

She nodded with a laugh to her left.

Hyo Min was wearing a stylish soccer shirt that ended just above her belly button, exposing her toned stomach. And did I mention that about five other guys were ogling her?

“Kai, Chanyeol, Se Hun, and some of their friends,” Jonghyun explained, coming up behind me.

He didn’t seem to care that his supposed “girlfriend” was practically being devoured by hot guys. Not hotter than me of course but…Minho on the other hand seemed to really care.

He just doesn’t realize it yet.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

Eun Ha’s POV

After wandering around the party and making sure everyone was happy, I stumbled outside.

Okay so maybe all the fruit juice Taemin kept handing to me might have had some alcohol.

So, I stumbled outside drunkenly to get some fresh air.

Key and Jonghyun were leaning against Taemin’s new Audi, arguing softly.

“I look way better!” Jonghyun gestured to his outfit.

Without thinking, I found myself nodding.

For the first time, I realized that I really WAS attracted to Jonghyun. Sure, Key was cute and it was fun being with him, but Jonghyun was different.

Ever since we moved in together I’ve just kept falling for him…

But…

“HONEY, trust me,” Key stuck his tongue out, “I look way hotter.”

He’ll never fall for me.

And with that, I turned around and walked away.

Then out of nowhere, I found myself falling.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

Onew’s POV

I have come to the conclusion that Taemin was lying to me about the fruit juice. Grape juice has never made me feel like this before.

My head was spinning slightly and my mouth felt like it was full of fluffy cotton candy.

Clearly drunk, I walked outside just to see Eun Ha trip over a crack in the pavement.

I lurched forward clumsily and caught her.

“Are you okay?” I managed to ask.

She looked up and a small tear slid down her cheek.

“No I’m not because Jonghyun will never love me back,” she sniffled, making a familiar expression.

The same one she wore when my old pet chicken refused to let her near. The same one she had when the puppy Aunt bought for us liked me better and barked every time Eun Ha came near.

It was a heartbroken, sad expression.

So without thinking, I uttered words that would turn everything as we knew it upside down.

“Maybe he will,” I said softly, “Because…”

STOP STOP STOP NOW. MY brain was going into overload, trying to regain control over my mouth.

STOP or you will REGRET it FOREVER.

“Because…” I faltered.

Eun Ha gazed up at me sadly.

“Because Jonghyun’s not gay!”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

Taemin’s POV

“Because Jonghyun’s not gay!” I blurted out with a huge grin.

 

OHMYGOD.

Onew looked up at me, his eyes wide.

My hand flew to my mouth.

DARN YOU FRUIT JUICE!!

Or more accurately, juice spiked with vodka…

I am so dead.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

haha so i was bored and thought i'd update a chapter. still looking for someone to take over this. post on my wall. sorry if it was bad :/ my writing style has changed :( haha