Acceptable Arrogance

"Playful Kiss" Dalmatian Simon one-shot

  "I swear Simon, sometimes you look so dumb." I scoffed, while he stuffed his face with rice.
        "What are you trying to say?" He asked, his voice muffled from kimchi.
        "That you look dumb...sometimes."
        He swallowed, and pointed his spoon in my face, flecks of rice flying off.
        "Well, you look dumb all the time" Simon (disgustingly)  his spoon again, and taking my bowl.
        "Aish, this pig," I pushed his face into the metal tray, Kimbap seaweed sticking on to his hair. Stifling a laugh, I sprinted away while Simon Oppa sat there dumbfounded.
-
        "Yah. Where did you go ," my phone screen blinked, people shooting me glares in the library. I bowed, slouching deeper into my seat, hiding behind my notebook.
        "Library," I typed back, switching the mode to 'silent.' My phone no longer ringing, I let the boring words in this college pillow like book lull me to sleep.
-
        "Come on Vanessa, what do you want for your birthday?" Simon poked, clueless. Rolling my eyes, I kept on jaywalking, thinking just how stupid my bestfriend really was. I gave Simon hints ALL THE TIME, I wanted truthfully, my first kiss. And yes, from him. He's too thoughtless to think of that kind of present though...wait was he? Shrugging, Simon repeated his question breaking away my thoughts.
        "Huh? What do you want?"
        A kiss from you babo.
        "Ailee's new CD, or to have an official marriage document with INFINITE's Hoya."
        "Dang, Ailee's hot," Simon answered, completely dismissing the response he asked for.
        "You're gross," I muttered, kicking the dirt, accidentally stubbing my toe on a hidden tree root.
        "Ahh!" I winced in pain, caressing my foot which lead me to loose my balance.
        "Yah, Simon!" I tried to scream, my breath taken away when I found I was in his embrace.
        "I never realized you had blue-ish brown eyes," Simon twitched his head to the side, softly flipping his blonde hair.
        "Oh," I gulped, my cheeks burning fiercely, confused whether I should want this or not. First kiss to Simon vs. Another guy. Did I want to waste my lips' innocence to a stranger? Of course not. Mind set up, I smiled towards my best friend, him returning the grin.
        "Simon, can you let go of-," His lips cut me off, the warmth of them spreading through me. Staying still for exactly four seconds, he broke away, a smirk immediately plastered on his face. He spoke first, like I was going to say something anyway, I was absolutely speechless.
        "Did you really think you lost this?" Simon pulled something out of his backpack, teasingly swaying it in his hands; MY DIARY.
        "YAH! Park Simon!" I jumped at him, his arms much too high for me to reach.
        "How I wish Simon would notice my signs. Notice my feelings, my hints. Be my first kiss..." Simon restated the journal entry word for word.
        "Ahh! Chincha, you!" I placed my hands on my hips before re-attacking, which was useless. He waited until I was out of energy to hug me, placing his lips on my forehead.
        "Nessa."
        "What now?" I replied my voice muffled in his chest. He broke us apart, but kept his hands on my shoulders;
        "You were my first kiss too."
-
        And that's when I had to wake up from that wonderful dream:
        "Yah Vanessa," Simon kicked my chair, causing me to knock down books from jumping.
        "A simple wake-up would suffice ," I scoffed, hesitating on whether to spit on his shoe or not. This time he kicked my calf, resulting in me falling first on the floor.
        "Who do you think you are?" I forced through grit teeth. Simon knocked the books out of my hands once again, pulling on my arm. I shook him off, only to find him pressed up against me again. We touched foreheads, then noses, and then lips.
        "Now, I'm your boyfriend." He winked cooly, walking out. I brought my fingertips to my lips, the warmth of his skin still tingling. This reality was much better than the dream.