I Know You Are Happy Up Above

I Know You Are Happy Up Above
 
Love is the expression of feelings and emotion.
The love that lasts the longest is the love that is never returned.


 

- Michiie's POV -
 
I looked out of the window watching the rain that was pouring down heavily from the skies. The falling rain somehow made me feel calm and easy. I thought about my brother Jaejoong whenever I looked into the skies above. He should be watching me from above. I have always told myself so. 
 
Jaejoong oppa left me three years ago. He passed away fighting the lung cancer that had haunted his life and totally destroyed his lifetime dream to become a singer. Tears rolled down my cheeks whenever I thought about my brother and how he had suffered throughout the years. The pain and misery he had to go through  really broke my heart so much.  " Jaejoong oppa, you're doing well up there right ? " I said shedding a tear as I was still watching the rain pouring down from the window in my room.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of hands hugging me from behind. I could feel the warmness of his breath when he breathes behind my back. " Why are you standing here all alone baby ? " I could hear his a little rough but cute voice asking me. I didn't answer him but I turned and gave him a hug as I cried into his chest. " Baby, why are you crying ? Are you sick ? Why baby.. tell me please ! " he said comforting me as his hands were patting me behind my back. I shook my head that was still on his chest. He remained silent and he waited for me to calm down and eventually I stopped crying.
 
I looked up at him and he wiped my tears away. He gave me an reassuring smile and he finally said " Well, are you all better now ? Let's go for a walk and later dinner, okay ? " I nodded and he smiled and hugged me tightly. " Yunho oppa, Jaejoong oppa is doing great up there right ? You know.. I totally miss him now. I miss my dear brother so much now ! " I said to him. He smiled and nodded his head saying " Yes, I am sure he's doing just fine up there ! "
 
 
 
- Yunho's POV -
 
" She's still suffering huh ? " thought Yunho quietly to himself. " It's been three years, but my lovely girlfriend is still sad and grieving for her own brother. " he said to himself quietly in his room one night. Tears flowed down his cheeks when he recalled back those days where he would always have to accompany Michiie to sleep. Those sleepless nights when she would wake up in the middle of the night screaming and crying, hoping to see Jaejoong right next to her. Weeks and months which she just refused to eat or even do anything.
 
Yunho's heart totally shattered when he thought back about his girlfriend's state. It was only last year when she finally started to eat and talk to people again. Those memories were memories that he hope he could throw away. Memories that he hope he could forget as time goes by.
 
He was determined to help Michiie go through life and learn how to live without her brother, Jaejoong. What she needed was just patience and also love. He hoped he could get Michiie back into her normal life again. He hoped he could make her laugh and smile like how she used to when he first met her that Christmas morning five years ago. He fell for her the moment he saw her smile. He remembered her name when Jaejoong, who was his best friend introduced her to him.
 
" I know I can do this ! I know I can make her happy ! " Yunho said to himself confidently.
 

- Writer's POV -
 
One day, a letter came to Michiie's and Yunho's house. The letter was addressed to Michiie. Yunho was curious as to whom that had sent that letter. The name and also the address was very well written. The handwriting was beautiful. 
 
Yunho passed the letter to Michiie and urged her to open it quickly. She did as she was told and it was a letter that Jaejoong had written for her before he died. Michiie looked at her boyfriend Yunho with worried eyes. Yunho reassured her and said it was okay to open and read it. He promised that he would be right beside her. She opened the letter and inside it was written..

 
My lovely sister Michiie,
 
I really miss you so much now. When you are reading this, I think I would probably be up in the skies now. Hahaha.. pardon me.. ! Anyways, I just want to say thank you for all that you have done for me. Those days you stayed by my side in the hospital. Those days you helped me cope with my daily routines when I am too weak to do them all by myself. I know you have suffered so much because of me. I want to say sorry that I wasn't a good brother to you. I couldn't even protect you or help you out. It was always you who had to looked out for me.
 
I bet you thought I didn't know but I did. I knew you were always crying all by yourself. You tried to show me that you're strong and not a crybaby. I am happy that you are really mature.. but sometimes when I see you cry all by yourself and yet I am not able to do anything.. it totally hurts my heart. I feel like a bad brother sometimes..please forgive me okay ? I hope I would be a better one next time if we meet again.
 
Oh right.. are you somehow in a relationship with Yunho now ? That guy just told me how much he had liked you since the first day he saw you. You know.. the day I introduced you to him.. that Christmas morning ! I hope somehow the both of you will be together. He's a nice guy and I am sure he will treat you really nicely. He's my best friend since forever.. haha.. so I am really sure about him ! 
 
Lastly, live a good life from now on. I am sorry that I am no longer here but I will always be looking after you from above. No worries okay, my dear sister. I will always be there, right beside you and you will always be in my heart.. forever ! I love you so much. Take care now.
 
 
Love,
Jaejoong. 

 

 

 

Michiie cried out loud after reading the letter. But somehow she was happy, she was happy because she knew her brother had no regrets in life. Her brother had always wanted her to be happy with her life. So she was determined to be lead a happy life with her boyfriend Yunho.
 
" I won't let you down Jaejoong oppa. I will live happily for you and also Yunho oppa. I love you too ! "  said Michiie in her heart as she carefully placed the letter into the envelope before placing them in the drawer nearby.

 
You can shed tears that he is gone, 
or you can smile because he has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that he'll come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all he's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see him,
or it can be filled with the love you shared.
You can turn back tomorrow and live yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember him only that he is gone,
or you can cherish his memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back,
or you can do want he want :
smile, open your eyes, live and move on.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Sequel to the story....

 

 

 

Click the link below.

All's Well Ends Well