Car Ride of Insanity and Other Misadventures

Jongie the Spider

Chapter 2

Changjo POV
 
We really have to get going.
 
I mean, my poor Ricky's toe is infected! What if it has to be cut off?! Then he'd never be able to walk again, or dance with me anymore! I could never imagine such a tragic nightmare.
 
As for L.Joe-hyung, well he deserved it. That's what he gets for nearly sitting on my precious Jongie!
 
So, Chunji and L.Joe head off to the car, and I pull one of Ricky's wrists so that his arm would go around my neck, and I wrapped my other arm around Ricky's tiny waist, the pads of my fingers pressing through the soft fabric against his tender skin. I could see he was stifling a giggle. I knew very well that was Ricky's ticklish spot, so I prodded lightly at it to distract him from the pain.
 
When we were in front of Chunji's car, I could feel my heart drop to my stomach as I tried to avert my eyes from that...thing. Now I remembered why we always take CAP's car when we go out. I glanced at Chunji, who looked quite excited, then at L.Joe, would was trying to force an excited smile, and Ricky, who was trying to not laugh, and not just because I was poking him.
 
"That car," L.Joe began. "Doesn't even deserve the right to be called an automobile. " he said.
 
"Byunghyun," Chunji started. Seriously, Chunji is the only one who calls L.Joe by his real name. I don't even know why. Are they that intimate, or does Chunji want to seem more like his mom than he already does? "This is our only form of transportation we have left." Yeah, because CAP is a selfish leader and wants y time with Niel. 
 
"I think I'll take the bus," L.Joe mumbled, and Chunji grabbed his wrist.
 
"Ah, ah, ah! Not so fast." And tugged the shorter blonde back. "Unless you want to get rid of your digestive waste through a tube for the rest of your life, I suggest you get in this car right now." L.Joe paused for a moment, going silent, and sighed, grumbling a 'fine, whatever'.
 
Chunji's car, which he calls his baby, was an old, shabby Yugo, bought at what he calls, "an extraordinary deal that he just couldn't pass up on", painted over in a hot fuchsia but it's dry pink skin already peeling off, exposing chunks of silver here and there, and scratches and light gashes everywhere. There were soft splotches of glitter near the windshield that seemed to be glued on with crazy glue, and fuzzy pink dice and other cute animals hanging around the rear view mirror. All in all, it looked like a princess toddler threw up on it. Which perfectly described Chunji.
 
"You seriously need to buy a new car," L.Joe complained.
 
"No he doesn't," I piped up, grinning. "I mean, look at these vintage seats!" I say, motioning to the car seats, which had holes patches up with patches of cloth in various shades of pink. He rolled his eyes.
 
"Vintage my . More like deteriorating," he said dryly, as Chunji gasped.
 
"And this shade of pink! It's so...eccentric!" I explain.
 
"I know, right? I picked it up at the carpenter's store," Chunji beamed delightfully. 
 
"And these classic details!" I add, motioning to the beautiful tidbits of accessories that made up Chunji's baby.
 
"Changjo, those are stickers." L.Joe said, motioning to the strawberry and kitten stickers.
 
"B-but I really put an effort into--” Chunji began.
 
"--We can talk about this later. Right now, we need to get to the hospital." Ricky finally says seriously. "Besides, I can't feel my toe anymore, and I'm not sure if that's actually a good omen," he says. Obviously, it's not. Right. We need to focus on the reason why we're all here: My dear Ricky.
 
"That's right. We should get going," he says, courteously opening the door for L.Joe, as he ducked his head and headed in. I opened the door for Ricky (because I'm such a gentleman) and helped him inside and entered myself, and Chunji hopped into the driver's seat excitedly.
 
"Everyone buckled their seat belts?" He asked, as L.Joe reclined his seat so he was laying down and fastened it. I let Ricky rest his head on my lap, letting him rest a bit. Aside from that, he looked absolutely adorable like that; with his tiny, soft lips in it's standby pout, as his eyes shut, his eyelashes framing his once-open beautiful eyes and his ebony-black hair tickling my thighs. I wanted to lean down and kiss him right then and there, but...now's not the time.
 
"Yes~" Ricky sung happily, as he dug the key in the hole, the car screeching like some lady about to give birth as it rumbled to a start, and he shifted the gears and got it to drive. It reeked of strawberries in Chunji's baby, so I rolled the windows down a bit to get some fresh air. 
 
After a few minutes, we were heading down the road, and Chunji asked me, "Where's our nearest doctor's office?" And suddenly, Ricky snapped upwards, shouting, "NO!" I grabbed his shoulders, my heart trembling a bit from his sudden ferociousness (Ooh, I never knew he had an aggressive side~) and his little outburst.
 
"Why not?" Chunji asked, his hands frantically steering the wheel, as if he had never done it before.
 
"Doctors are scary!" He moaned sadly, covering his face in his hands. Aww, my poor Ricky.
 
"Doctors are scary?! Your ing bite is scary." L.Joe hissed back. I really don't like the way Hyung is speaking to him.
 
"Besides, I need something more than just a doctor. I need a hospital! An ER!" Ricky exclaimed, flinging his hands to the heavens. 
 
"But the nearest hospital is miles away!" Chunji explained hopelessly.
 
"Then drive faster!" I shot back. Chunji ground his foot on the gas pedal, and our heads flung back at the force, and we sped off to the expressway. 
 
As we accelerated down the road, I turned my gaze toward Ricky, his milky skin a bit paler than usual, his eyebrows twitching together lightly. I ran my fingers through his bangs, slicking them back, playing with them. I chewed on my bottom lip, worried about him a little, and sent L.Joe a worried glance, and he nodded at me, reaching out to press a button and turn on the radio. A loud staticky screeching filled with small space, and he frantically turned fiddled with the buttons and dials and managed to blast this American radio.
 
"No wifin' in the club~Gimme twenty dollars~Gimme twenty dollars~" the old speakers, half-broken, projected throughout Chunji's baby, and we all simultaneously scowled as a familiar 17-year-old, exuberant, fish faced emotional voice of our group echoed through our minds. L.Joe shuddered. I don't blame him. I look back down at Ricky, and his nose is scrunched together, and I tug on it lightly, and he pouts cutely. Oh, how my heart races from that! He sniffed upwards, like those detective hounds, smelling with great, long loud sniffs that almost sounded wet and snuffy, and finally says, "The music is so loud...I can smell it. " he finally says, then smacking his lips satisfactorily.
 
"What does it smell like, Ricky?" I asked, excitedly. I always knew my Ricky had a sixth sense. He was always so...special. He smiled.
 
"Rotten strawberries." He said happily, and L.Joe just snorts, but Chunji giggles with his little retarded seal laugh and I can see L.Joe blushing at this through the side view mirror. What a weirdo. I smiled at my dear Ricky.
 
After about three minutes of pure torture and flashbacks of the painful ordeal of going through listening to Niel screech his Konglish version of this already terrible song, we all heaved a sigh as another song began to play, but it's just about as awkward as the first one. A slow saxophone bellowed throughout the 'car' in what was supposed to sound, and somewhat succeeded in, y. L.Joe  squirmed uncomfortably in his seat for a moment, which was probably not from his aching hole. Chunji blushed, and Ricky crinkled his nose in confusion of that odd transition of genres. It seemed as if everyone but Ricky recognized the song.
 
I feel so unsure~
 
As I take your hand~
 
And lead you to the dance floor~
 
As I Ricky's hair, I shut my eyes slowly, letting the deep droning of the bass and soft saxophone envelop me, blended with strawberries, as I listened intently to the song.
 

Ricky POV

Seriously, I don't know what Americans listen to these days.

It's just a bunch of crap.

Why don't they listen to Kpop or something?

I cracked open an eye to see that Changjo seemed to be lost in this somewhat romantic melody. I couldn't help it; I had to crack a smile. Changjo could be so cute sometimes. In fact, the song reminds me just how I confessed to him.

(Flashback)

This is when I had to do it.

No more excuses, no more running away. I couldn't be a boy like that anymore. I have to be a man worthy to be by Changjo's side forever.

Okay, no, that just sounds weird.

I had finally called Changjo over to our dorm when both of us weren't busy, and even ordered some colorful helium balloons for the occasion, because I'm just so romantic.

Changjo rapped lightly at the door, as if he was afraid to disturb me (aww, so cute and sweet of the maknae~) and I called out, "Come in!"

When he stepped inside, his body suddenly froze as his eyes lit up but almost froze in terror, which was canceled out by the pure amazement.

Changhyun, you are a truly awesome human being.

"Woah, when did those get here?!" Changjo exclaimed, his eyes bulging.

"Just thought the dorm needed a little...redecorating." I say, a bit sarcastically. He beamed at me innocently.

"Yeah, I guess it did," he said, chuckling. "So, why did you call me here?" My heart thudded in my chest as I gulped, but forced a smile, laughing weakly. This is weird. Why am I doing this. It should be the other way around. But...if I miss out on this opportunity, then what other opportunity do I have left?

"I was thinking that maybe, we could play a little...game." I said. He bounced on his heels.

"I love games," he teetered excitedly, and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Yes you do, Changjo. Yes you do." I said, scratching the back of my head. "Okay, so Changjo. This is a trivia game--"

"--Like Who Wants to Be A Millionaire?!" he squealed excitedly.

"--Sure." I said. "So, if you get this question right, Changjo, you get an Oreo." I explain, pulling out the chocolate sandwich cookie wrapped in aluminum foil from my pocket, pulling delicately at the silvery skin so it would reveal the tiny dessert. I knew Changjo loved cookies. Like, loved them. As in he'd even get into a whole bathtub filled with crushed Oreos and the whole tub clean. I'm not even exaggerating.

"Really?!" he all but shrilled, biting down on his lower lip temptingly. I could feel my heart pound in my ribcage as my stomach began to flutter with butterflies. I nod.

"You bet'cha. Now, are you ready for your question?" I asked. Changjo nodded furiously. I took another step closer to him, so close that our bodies barely touched, and I could smell his light fragrance. I'd like to say it was like flowers or something romantic, but it just smelled like body odor and sweat from coming back from dance rehearsal. But...I liked it. It described Changjo. No, not smelly and bad at taking care of his hygiene, but hardworking and dedicated. I leaned in the slightest bit, and took a deep breath. Here goes nothing. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

Changjo's eyes widened for a moment, staring at me, studying me, almost, his almond eyes unreadable. I could almost feel his breath against me, every fiber of my being hypersensitive and all-aware of just him, and nothing else. I could feel him lean in a little closer, and my heart rate sped up a notch.

"Do I still get the Oreo if I get the question wrong?" he breathed quietly. He stared at me in confusion as my heart dropped to my stomach. He wasn't serious, right? My blood boiled in my veins as I flung the cookie to the ground with a sharp clatter.

"Does Meredith Vieira give out millions of dollars to contestants like she's Oprah?!" I shot back, digging the toe of my shoes into the cookie and grinding it. I picked it up, throwing it out the window. He gasped. I bit down on my trembling lower lip, resisting the urge to cry. Changjo opened his mouth to speak, but I didn't want to hear another excuse come out of lips. I lifted my feet, beginning to sprint away, but Changjo pulled my wrist, as I staggered backwards.

"You know, if adorable was an Oreo, you'd be double stuffed," he mumbled, blushing like a school girl. But, for some bizarre reason, my heart started to pound in my ribcage. Wh-what did he mean...?

"What?" I choked out.

"Do you have any raisins?" he replied quickly, steadily, dodging my question.

"What?" 

"Do you have any raisins?" he repeated.

"No," I mumbled, as his hands ran up my arms to rest themselves on my shoulders.

"How about a date?" he asked as he cocked an eyebrow, smiling lopsidedly. Oh my God, I can't believe I fell for that cheesy pick-up line. He bit down on his lower lip like an idiot, trying to suppress his laugh. My eyes widened in shock.

"I--" I stammered. I could feel him lean in, his moist breath against mine.

"Well?" he asked. I gazed into his almond eyes and inhaled a deep breath.

"Fine. Yah, Changjo, treating me like I'm a girl! I don't fall for that smooth talk!" I protested.

"Well I don't fall for Oreo-proposals," he retorted, throwing his head back in howling laughter.

"Do you want that date or not?" I stick my tongue out at him. He rolled his eyes.

"Well, I did ask you out, so of course I would," Changjo muttered quietly, glancing at his feet sheepishly.

"So, if we both asked each other out..." I shifted on my feet uncomfortably as a sudden tingling ran through my limbs.

"...How do those Oreos still sound?" Changjo suggested. 

"You and your Oreo obsession," I laughed, shaking my head.

"It's not an obsession, Ricky, it's a passionate admiration."  he explained, and I shoved him, as he flailed his arms dramatically for balance. I threw him a cookie as he caught it, bowing to me like a true gentleman, and munching on it.

I remember how we spent that rest of the afternoon cleaning off the pack of Oreos and in helium balloons and laughing at our chipmunk voices. To be honest, that was probably a better first date than any other of those K-Drama first-dates that ever existed.

Gently, Changjo ran his fingers through my hair as I shut my eyes lazily, pretending to drift off to sleep. Those moments when we could simply sit there and appreciate eachothers' existence were always the best. The tip of his pointer finger traced designs on my forehead and temples gently as he slicked my hair back. I could feel his gently breathing as his pulse brushed against the sensitive part of my head and I could feel that the beating was as fast as an 808  drum. I smiled.  I don't know why he calls me the cute one; he can be pretty darn cute himself.

Changjo POV 

Slowly, I could feel Chunji's baby slowing to a stop.

"We're here," L.Joe said, almost excitedly, as he quickly unbuckled his seatbelt. Chunji fumbled about in his seat anxiously, straightening his pair of pink fuzzy dice and eyeing himself in the rear view mirror.

"Sit tight, Byunhunnie, I'll help you out," he said, unfastening his seatbelt hastily and swinging the door open. "Changjo, help Ricky out there, okay?" I nodded.

"Ricky~" I shook his shoulders lightly, as he groaned, turning on his side, facing my groin as I blushed, suddenly feeling awkward by the closeness.

"Five more minutes~" he moaned, shaking his head, his warm breath suddenly burning holes in my pants. I laughed.

"Ah, ah, ah~" I poked his waist, tickling him and he immediately sat up, laughing.

"Yah!" He shouted, punching my shoulder gently. I smiled at him.

"Morning, Sleeping Beauty~" I ruffled his hair, and he pushed me again. "We gotta get up~" I wrap my arms around his neck, laughing as his fist, beating at my chest, but it was no use; his blows were about as effective as a Magikarp's splash. I scooped him up, reaching out to open the door as he squirmed in my grasp and I laughed. I stood up, spinning him in a circle, and he let out a yelp.

"If you drop me Choi Jonghyun, I swear on my life I will--" he began, his voice edgy.

"Drop you? Okay!" I laughed, as I threw him up in the air and caught him, as he dug his fingernails into my shoulder.

"Changjo, what, did I just say?!" he shrilled. 

"Oh please, Ricky, you know you enjoyed that~" I pecked his cheek gently and his innocent eyes grew wide as he was caught off-guard, and just puffed his cheeks out at me. 

"Wh-whatever, let's just go. My toe's throbbing again," he complained.

"Yes, my Princess~" I laughed, dipping him gently as he slapped me gently, pouting.

"Hurry your ing slow up Changjo!" L.Joe barked. "Or I will shove Jongie's spider food up your so you'll know exactly how it feels to be a crippled bastard!" 

"You'll wish you were crippled once you get in there, L.Joe," Chunji edged dangerously.

And so the torture begins.


A/N: Sorry for the wait guys. It's been a year since we've updated! xD

IIt's too bad that we didn't get to the hospital scene, but it'll be the first thing that happens in the next chapter! ^^ I feel like Changjo's a little too girly for my liking, so that last little fluffy bit was redemption for him, haha xD

Also, AndyLD, my co-author, has deactivated her account, however still works with me on JTS. So don't think she, like, died, or anything >< xD She's making a new account pretty soon, so we'll notify you as soon as it happens!

Happy New Years' guys! Hope 2013 treats you well! >< Until next time~^^

-NyanRinnyNyan (and AndyLD^^)~