Chapter 1: Park Kyungmi

Will You Love Me, Even With My Dark Side...?

 

chapter 1;

                 park kyungmi

 

» There was a constant clicking sound as the photographer snapped pictures of the beautifully dressed Kyung Mi.  With her hands on her waist, her shoulders leaned forward, and her chin inclined to the right, she looked into the camera with a playful smirk on her lips.  She gave an essence of fierceness and elegance at the same time.           

 

“Beautiful, beautiful!” yelled the young man with the camera.

Kyung Mi spun around in her long, backless, black lace gown and 5 inch black pumps.  The dress and the shoes were from The Shinee World collection, by the top Korean designer, Kim Kibum.  The outfit was finished off with a pair of black and white drop diamond earrings and a matching bracelet.  One of the pictures from the photo shoot will be used on the cover of Vogue Korea’s November 2012 issue.  Her eomeoni had always dreamed of this happening to her daughter, but Kyung Mi could care less about the magazine, but at least she was able to make her eomeoni proud of her—something that was almost impossible to do.

“Okay, we’re done,” he said after a few more minutes of him taking pictures and her posing.  Finally, it’s over, she thought.

“Ne, kamsamnida,” she replied with a smile. 

After bowing politely, she walked towards the dressing room where the assistant unnies helped her change.  The women kept chatting to each other while Kyung Mi stared at herself in the mirror.  She examined her flat stomach and then turned to the side to see her perfect s-line.  A deep frown formed on her face.  This isn’t good enough; maybe I should add another half hour to my work out, she thought.

“I’m so jealous of Kyung Mi-sshi.  She so pretty and skinn-”

“What did you say unnie?” she asked.  The mention of her name brought her out of her thoughts. The assistant looked down in embarrassment.

“Oh, I was just telling them about how I was jealous of how pretty and skinny you were.”

“Ne, and you have such a nice s-line too,” another assistant agreed.  Kyung Mi glared at the two women coldly.

“Why don’t you two just leave me alone and worry about yourselves?” she asked, almost loud enough to be yelling.

“Kyung Mi-sshi, they were just trying to-” another woman tried to explained, but it only angered Kyung Mi more.

“SHUT UP!”

The room became silent.  Luckily, she was the only model in the changing room, so it was only the three assistants that witnessed her outburst.  She took her bags and left.  The women mumbled apologies as she exited the door, but when she was farther, they started talking again.

“Kyung Mi-sshi is such a .”

“I know.  I thought she was nice at first, but she got so angry over nothing.  We were just complimenting her.”

“She’s just another spoiled rich girl.”

Kyung Mi sighed.  At least they’re not talking about how skinny I am anymore…, she thought.  She placed her hand on top of her stomach.  Why do they have to lie to me like that?  How dare they say such an obvious lie right in front of me?  Who do they think they’re fooling?  I know I’m not skinny, I’m nowhere near it.

“Kyung Mi-ah.” 

She turned around and saw her two seniors, Siwon and Bom.  They both smiled at her and waved.  Siwon was tall and muscular and had looks to die for.  Bom had long legs, red hair, and a beautiful face.  Kyung Mi envied Bom because she had the ability to stay skinny no matter how much she ate.

“Annyeong Siwon sunbae, Bom sunbae,” she said with a small bow.

“Yah, how many times do we have to tell you to just call us oppa and unnie?” Siwon asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Ne, mianhae oppa and unnie,” she said with a pout.

“Aigoo, so cute.  How can I not forgive you?”  Bom pinched her cheek.

“So, are you here for Vogue Korea too?” Siwon asked.

“Ne, I’m going to be on the cover.”

“Jinja?  Omo, that’s daebak!  My little girl’s growing up,” Bom said, as she gave Kyung Mi a tight hug.

“That’s my girl,” Siwon said, as he ruffled her hair.

“Stop it; you two are acting like my eomeoni!” 

“What did ajumma do?”

 “She hugged me to death and thanked god that I was her daughter.  Then she called all of her friends and started bragging about me and telling them to buy the magazine next month.”

“Well you’re her daughter; of course she’s happy about your accomplishments.”  If only that really was the reason, she thought. 

“So, do you want to go eat with us?  A bunch of other models are coming too.” 

“I’m not hungry,” Kyung Mi lied.  On cue, her stomach growled.  , stupid stomach.  Siwon and Bom both laughed.

“You’re definitely coming with us now,” Bom said, grabbing her left arm.

“But-”

“No buts, you’re going,” Siwon said, grabbing her right arm.

 

 

» Kyung Mi eyes glistened as she looked down at all the delicious food that was on the table.  The models had ordered almost every single item on the restaurant’s menu.  It’s so tempting, she thought.  She reached for a chicken wing but quickly pulled back.  No, I can’t.  I’ll be even fatter if I eat any of this unhealthy food.  She stared at the food while everyone else ate.

“Yah, Kyung Mi-sshi, are you going to eat yet?” a tall girl with blonde hair asked.  Everyone around the table looked at her.

“You better eat Kyung Mi-ah, before I shove food down your throat, I know you’re hungry,” Bom said.

Kyung Mi quickly took the chicken wing and ate a small bite.  She was going to leave it at that but hunger took over her and she started eating like crazy.  Thoughts of losing weight and exercising were gone as she ate some from every dish.  The other models around the table looked at her with wide eyes.

“Kyung Mi-ah, slow down.  It looks like you haven’t eaten in months,” said a guy with jet black hair. 

He actually wasn’t far from the truth.  Kyung Mi usually only ate about 600-800 calories a day.  She dropped her chopsticks on her plate and wiped with a napkin.  She looked down embarrassingly.  Damn it, I got carried away, she thought.

“No wonder Bom is skinnier than you, you eat even more than her,” Siwon joked.  Bom slapped his arm and all the other models laughed.  But Kyung Mi was steaming with anger.

“Excuse me?” she yelled.  Everyone looked at her in surprise.  Siwon raised his hands up and leaned back in his chair.

“I was just joking, calm down I-”

“Why don’t you just mind your own damn business?”  Kyung Mi took her bag and ran to the restroom. 

“I was just joking!”

 

 

» “Blehhhh!”

Kyung Mi held onto her knee as she vomited into the toilet in the small restroom stall.  She hated doing this, but when she had to, she had too.  She only did this at times like this when she had no choice but to eat and she couldn’t let all those calories and fat get into her body.  So this was the only way. 

After getting rid of the food she had just ate and flushing it down the toilet, she wiped with the toilet paper and left the bathroom stall.  She held her head, feeling the start of a massive headache.  Kyung Mi washed her hands and looked at herself in the mirror.  The color of her face was pale, almost sickly.  Nothing makeup can't fix, she thought.  She quickly reapplied her makeup and then closely examined her body; an unsatisfied look crossed her face.  I need to go exercise again.

 

 

» After three hours of intense exercising, Kyung Mi stopped in front of her school, Seoul University.  In total, she had exercised for about five hours today.  She took a huge gulp out of her bottle.  I love water, it’s the only thing I can drink without worrying about calories, fat, or added calories, she thought.  She gazed around at her beautiful college campus.  Known as the #1 school in South Korea, only the smart and the rich went here.  Kyung Mi happened to be one of the rich students, the ones that only got in because of money and influence.

She walked around the campus, taking in all the architecture she saw.  Many passing students waved to her and tried to get her attention, but she ignored them.  Suddenly, another body bumped into hers and she almost fell back, but someone grabbed her shoulders before she could.  Kyung Mi looked at the person who saved her.

It was boy.  A cute boy, she thought.  He wore a pair of worn gray sweat pants and a black hoodie.  Concern showed through his dark brown eyes.

“Mianhae, are you okay?”  She looked down when she realized that she was staring at him the whole time.  She pushed his arms away.

“Yah!  Watch where you’re going okay?” she yelled at him.  He looked surprised at her sudden anger.  

“Ne, mianhae,” he said as he quickly walked away.

Kyung Mi stood still for a few seconds and was about to continue running, when she stepped on something.  She looked down and saw something silver on the floor. She picked it up, it was a pocket knife.  The handle was wooden and there was only one blade.  But when she slide the blade open, she saw something that she didn’t expect. Blood.  It was practically covered in fresh blood.  Disgust was written all over her face.  Does this belong to the guy that bumped into me? Probably, she thought.  But why does it look like this?

The nice person in her told her to return it.  She’s isn’t really as y as most people think, but she’s got her reasons to act like this.  Kyung Mi put the pocket knife in her shorts pocket and headed towards the direction the boy walked to. 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

So here’s the 1st update, sorry it took so long.  Hopefully you guys like it.  So every chapter will focus on either Kyung Mi or Kai so the next one will be about Kai.  You guys should also read my other fanfic, it’s more fluffy.  ~Pyong!