After School

Real Life, Real School

After leaving the depressed Dongho and Kiseop, Krystal went over to music class.  She sat in one of the empty seats in the back.  SItting in the front made her nervous.  Krystal noticed that if someone sat in the front, they were expected to be skilled in singing and dancing, something that Krystal preferred not to do.

She noticed Suyeon and Yoonhwa sitting in the other corner.  Yoonhwa was talking about something, and Suyeon was secretly texting when the teacher wasn't looking.

Then she glanced over at Dongho who was staring at Suyeon.  Krystal unconsciously shook her head in disapproval.  Suyeon was pretty, but she could really use a personality boost.  Kiseop was staring at the ceiling, which caused Krystal to look at the ceiling too.  There was nothing there. 

Krystal sighed and returned her gaze to the front, listening to the teacher drone on and on.

Suddenly, he slammed his hands on Krystal's desk.

"Miss Krystal, am I boring you?"

Krystal realized that she was just about to fall asleep.  She stared the teacher in the eyes and replied, "No, Sir."

"Why don't you sing for us then, since you think you're so good," the teacher smirked and walked to the front.  "Unless...of course...you can't sing."

THis made Krystal upset.  So upset that she stormed up to the front and announced to the class, "I would like to sing Hey, Soul Sister by Train."

Someone ran up to the piano and flipped through the piano music for the song that Krystal wanted to play.  She turned to the teacher and waited for him to give his cue.

"An English song, huh.  Go ahead, and try not to mess up," the teacher returned to his desk and waited with an expectant smirk.

'I'll wipe that smirk off of your face,' Krystal thought to herself before opening to sing.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VoFbH8jTzE

Hey soul sister, ain't that Mr. Mister on the radio, stereo, 
the way you move ain't fair, you know!
Hey soul sister, I don't want to miss a single thing you do...
Tonight...

The way Krystal sang, the way her voice rang with so much emotion, and the way she harmonized with the piano, everything was perfect.  The teacher's jaw fell and hang there for a good three minutes before returning to its former displeased position.

The whole class applauded, and someone cheered.  Even the teacher clapped, although it seemed like he was admitting defeat more than congratulating Krystal.  She bowed shyly and returned to her seat.

"Thank you for that performance, Miss Krystal," the teacher said stiffly.

Krystal's singing had awed everyone into silence.  People wondered where she had learned to sing like that.  Others wondered if she was born with that voice.  And most importantly, they wondered why she didn't have a Korean accent when she sang.

The bell rang, and everyone hurriedly packed up and ran out the door.  Music class was the scariest class of the day, and students are so happy to get out that they charge out of the classroom.

"Miss Krystal, you have a nice voice.  Why don't you go into the singing business?" 

Krystal turned around with a small smile on her face.  "Because I go here."

"Yes, but, can't you just drop out to become a singer?"

"THink about it this way, Sir.  If I become a singer, there's no guarantee that I'll make it big.  But, if I study in school like a good girl and put academics before extracurricular activities, then I'll have something to return to," Krystal finished.

"I see, Miss Krystal.  Well, I'll see you tomorrow."

For Krystal, music class was the last class of the day.  Which meant that she was free to hang out with her friends, Kiseop and Dongho.   Krystal changed out of her school uniform and into something more comfortable.  She had a white tee and skinny jeans.  She decided to stick with her converse boots because she was too lazy to change.