epilogue

.note.

It was a nice warm day, Baekhyun walked up the stairs with a little plate of sandwiches. He came across his son's door, which was closed. Baekhyun, with his free hand, knocked on the door.

"Baekyeol…It's me." He said with a cheerful tone.

He heard a thump and Baekhyun started to chuckle. The door opened to reveal a teen with his hair disheveled and his white uniform shirt disheveled as well, with the first two top buttons and the button one undone. Baekhyun spotted another teen with black hair with dyed blonde underneath his bangs on the ground rubbing his back with his left hand. He looked up to see Baekhyun and blushed.

"Ah, M-mama." Baekyeol stammered as he tried to fix his hair. He was a spitting image of Baekhyun, slightly taller than his mother, but shorter than his father, and very beautiful like a rose. "I-I thought you were at work! No…no one was home I-I assumed that -- "

Baekhyun interrupted his son with a laugh. "Your father and I were in the backyard planting some flowers. And I saw you guys going up stairs."

"Oh." Baekyeol nodded as he tried to smooth his uniform shirt. Baekhyun looked over his son's shoulder at the male who was on the floor. He smiled.

"Hello Yitao. How are your parents?"

"Erm,…they are okay." Yitao tried to cover himself by closing his white uniform shirt. Thankfully he had his white wife beater underneath. He was tall like Kris and had muscle showing from all the wushu training that he took over the years. As always, he was a respectful young man; looking after Baekyeol and making sure that he got home safe from their after high school clubs and sports activities. Baekhyun even remembered how Yitao asked their permission if he could date Baekyeol; like a true gentleman. Of course Baekhyun said yes, while Chanyeol bombarded him with questions. Yitao luckily passed the test.

"Thats good. Tell them I said hello." Baekhyun placed the plate of sandwiches in Baekyeol's hands.

"I made these for you and Yitao." Baekhyun said with a smile. "I'll leave you two alone now." He grabbed the door handle, but before he could close it, he looked at Yitao again.

"No more making out okay. Get your homework done."

"Mama!! We weren't…!!" Baekyeol blushed and looked down. Baekhyun just giggled.

"Yeah, yeah and those marks on your neck were insect bites. I have some cover up, I'll give you some later. Have fun! Not that fun…if you guys know what I--"

"Mama!! Okay, thank you good bye!" Baekyeol pushed his mother out the door. Baekhyun giggled. 

Chanyeol walked up the stairs to see a giggling Baekhyun in front of their son's door.

"Why are you laughing?"

"I caught them making out." Baekhyun pointed at their son's door.

"What!?" Chanyeol quickly opened the door to see the two teens now sitting on the floor with sandwiches in their mouths and their math books opened.

"Dad!" Baekyeol said with pink forming on his face.

"Just…just checking." Chanyeol gripped the door handle.

"Good afternoon Mr. Park." Yitao stood up and bowed at him. He turned to Baekhyun. "Sorry Mrs. Park, I forgot to say 'good afternoon'…um…well because…um, yeah." He bowed at Baekhyun with a slight tinge of pink on his face.

"Were you guys…erm, making out?" Chanyeol nervously asked.

Baekyeol covered his face in embarrassment. "Dad…" Their son whined.

"Okay okay we are leaving!" Baekhyun giggled as he grabbed Chanyeol's arm. "Don't get my baby pregnant Yitao! If you are going to….you know make y time, be safe!"

Yitao blushed while Baekyeol turned a deep red and threw a pillow from his bed at their direction. "Mama! Dad! Stop it!" He whined.

"Yitao, I swear if you get my precious angel pregnant…It could happen you know!" Chanyeol growled while Yitao held up his hands in defense.

"I p-promise! I won't get him pregnant! You have my word!" Yitao exclaimed.

"Good." With that Baekyeol's parents closed the door and headed down the stairs to go to the kitchen.

"My precious baby…already making out." Chanyeol slammed his head on the kitchen table. Baekhyun giggled and sat next him. He Chanyeol's wavy hair.

"I like Yitao…he is prefect for our angel."

Chanyeol eyed him. "He could go back on his word and suddenly boom! Baekyeol is pregnant and Yitao is no where to be seen. Running off like those kids who get other people pregnant."

Baekhyun shook his head. "No, I think Tao and Kris raised him to be a true gentlemen. They are wonderful parents." He rested his chin on his hands and looked at Chanyeol.

"Remember that one time…when Baekyeol came home crying because those two had a fight about the guy that Baekyeol was going out during that time?"

Chanyeol faced him and nodded. "It was during his freshman year…during spring because it was raining hard that day. He came home crying."

Baekhyun nodded. "Yeah, saying that he couldn't believe how Yitao was being mean to him…saying that the guy he was going out with was sweet and nice, but Yitao didn't think so."

"Turned out that Yitao was right. He ended up being a complete jerk, breaking Baekyeol's heart." Chanyeol sighed. "But Yitao came and comforted Baekyeol." He smiled.

"I remember during that time, when Yitao spent the night over, they were sleeping in the same bed, you freaked out." Baekhyun pointed and laughed at his lover.

"Jeez, sorry…I wasn't expecting that to happen okay!" Chanyeol chuckled as he played with Baekhyun's fingers.

"Oh oh! Remember that one time where Yitao carried Baekyeol home, like...um, bridal style because he injured his ankle during track and field?" Chanyeol said.

"Oh yeah! That was sweet of him." Baekhyun nodded. "I'm even surprised that he knows how to cook." Chanyeol nodded in agreement.

"I was surprised too."

"Baekyeol told me that he took a cooking class because he told him one time that he likes someone who can cook. It is a major turn on or something for him. Haha, that was before they were dating."

"Guess Yitao wanted to impress Baekyeol. His cooking isn't that bad. Chanyeol said.

"See…Yitao has always been there for Baekyeol…He is absolutely perfect for him. Could you imagine if that jerk Byungho keep persuading Baekyeol, our son could have been pregnant and alone right now. And if that one kid…Jay -- "

"The korean who was from the states?"

"Yeah, if Baekyeol stayed with Jay, our angel would have been pushed around by him. Oh man, and that one kid Hyungsoo -- "

"Oh that kid who called himself K.Will?"

"Yeah, Baekyeol would have been ignored all the time. He was a player, even though his singing is quite nice. And -- "

"Okay okay I get it, Yitao is perfect in every way. I get it. Told you that everyone would want our Baekyeol. He is beautiful like you. " Chanyeol said as he rested his head on Baekhyun's head. They sat there for a while.

"Can you believe that Yitao is a senior and Baekyeol is a junior?"

"No, I can't…" Baekhyun sighed. "Felt like only yesterday that I saw the love note. And they were only in primary school. If they hadn't met in primary school…I wonder if they will still meet and date." Chanyeol nodded and chuckled.

"They are perfect for each other."

"I was right too." Baekhyun said.

"About what?" Chanyeol lifted his head and looked at Baekhyun.

"He is affectionate, courteous, generous, and he sometimes act like a dork…he is tall like what Baekyeol wanted…he is handsome…remember what Baekyeol said?" Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol, while he shook his head.

"He said that he would want to meet someone just like his daddy."

"That's true."

Both the parents turned to see Baekyeol resting his body against the kitchen doorway and Yitao behind him holding him by the waist. The two teens smiled at them.

"Oh, Baekyeol, Yitao, you want anything?" Baekhyun smiled at the both of them.

"No thank you." Baekyeol walked to the kitchen table holding onto Yitao's hand. They both sat across from them. "Can Yitao stay for dinner?"

Chanyeol nodded. "Can he cook for us?"

They laughed and Yitao nodded.

"Sure, I don't mind. I want to make something new for you guys and for my future wife." He motioned towards Baekyeol.

Baekhyun's eyes widen and Chanyeol tilted his head.

"W-what did you say?" Baekhyun said as he looked at Baekyeol. Baekyeol lifted his left hand which was hidden under the table to reveal a beautiful ring on his ring finger.

"I-I really do love your son." Yitao stammered. "And I really want to marry him someday. Not now, not next year since we are still fairly young…Hopefully after we graduate from college. That is my plan…as of now, this is a promise ring." He held onto Baekyeol's hand and kissed it. "I would die if I lose him. I promise to protect him."

Baekhyun smiled and nodded at him, while Chanyeol was full of shock, but eased himself. He smiled and nodded at Yitao.

"You proved yourself…and I…approve." Chanyeol breathed.

Yitao smiled and nodded.

"Thank you dad! Thank you mama!" Baekyeol gave the brightest smile towards his parents as he gripped Yitao's arm.

"How did you do it Yitao? Does your parents know you did this?" Baekhyun asked.

Yitao nodded. He told them that they were happy and made him promise to protect Baekyeol. Tao mentioned how Baekyeol is very precious and Kris told him that he would be extremely disappointed in Yitao if he broke Baekyeol's heart; he agreed that Baekyeol is special and that they are happy that Yitao chose him than the other people who Yitao went out with. Yitao was even thankful to his parents for agreeing to help with pay for the ring.

"The way that I did it…well…" Yitao blushed. "I did the same thing that I did when we were in primary school."

Baekhyun tilted his head.

"While we were studying and doing our assignment, Baekyeol was using his desk while I sat on the floor. I threw notes at him and we were communicating that way. One note I wrote a cheesy line." Yitao rubbed the back of his neck.

"What did you write?" Chanyeol said.

"I wrote that I liked him and that he is pretty like a flower. And I asked him if he likes me back."

"Didn't you write that when you first gave him that note?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yeah, that is what I wrote and Baekyeol responded and said that I was a dork." Yitao chuckled. "Then I told him that I loved him so much that I didn't know what I would do without him. Cliche I know…but it is true. I told him that the guys that he went out with were missing out. They just let go a really beautiful…flower." Yitao smiled. "I am so lucky to have him." He turned to Baekyeol and smiled. "I am so lucky to have you."

Baekhyun and Chanyeol stared at the couple before them.

'That is what I said to Chanyeol.' Baekhyun thought.

"I'm the lucky one." Baekyeol smiled and pecked Yitao on the cheek.

'I...I said that to Baekhyun.' Chanyeol thought.

Both parents looked at each other. They both smiled and nodded.

"Then after…I tapped on his shoulder, knelt down, got the box that was in my pocket, and proposed to him." Yitao nodded. "That is how it went."

"That is so sweet." Baekhyun said clapping.

"Very." Chanyeol responded.

Yitao and Baekyeol looked at each and smiled.

"Now." Chanyeol said. "Can you make some food please? Your future father-in-law is hungry."

They laughed and Yitao got from his seat.

"Yes sir, I'm planning on making steamed buns, sauteed vegetables, and for dessert, bundt cake."

"That sounds so good!" Baekhyun exclaimed. "Do you need help?"

"No no, please relax and I'll get them done."

Yitao pecked Baekyeol on the lips and walked to the kitchen. Baekyeol clasped his hands together. "My future husband is absolutely perfect!"

The family chuckled and that night, they were filled with happiness and the smell of food filled the house.

Yitao left to go home and bowed respectfully to the parents and gave one last kiss to Baekyeol. He drove home and Baekyeol entered his room to finish the rest of his assignment. Once done, he went to bed and as he was getting in, there was a knock on his door.

"It is open!" Baekyeol said as he situated himself.

Both his parents came in and told him good night. Till this day, Baekyeol still loved it when his parents told him good night. Both of them gave pecks on his forehead. Baekhyun left a small scrapbook on his bed side table and exited the room, closing the door quietly.

Baekyeol peaked through his eyelids and grabbed the small scrapbook, he opened it to a random page and saw a note. He brought closer the book to his face to read it. It was the same love note that he got from Yitao all those years ago. On the left side was his parents' love notes to each other. Baekyeol smiled and lifted himself from the bed. He walked over to his desk and took out the paper notes that he and Yitao were passing to one another earlier today. He kissed the notes and stuck them in the scrapbook. He grabbed a pentel pen and wrote:

'The day Yitao proposed to me…in a cheesy way. But I loved it.'

With that, Baekyeol smiled and closed the scrapbook and walked over to his bed. He situated himself and brought the blanket closer to him. He looked at his ring again and kissed it. He drifted off to sleep with a smile on his face.

--- (YITAO) --- (YTBY) --- (BAEKYEOL) ---

Done. //rolls around.

Yeah. Ahem.

Ah yeah. >u< Hope that you enojyed it. :3 As always, sorry for mistakes & grammar etc.

Other stories that I made:

[ the headband ] //Taoris with OC child: Yitao- fluffy - short story - done

[ reflection eternal ] //Sulay - fluffy/sadness - ongoing

[ the cupcake that brought us together ] //Kaisoo - fluffy/comedy - ongoing

[ those little paper cranes ] //Hunhan - fluffy/fantasy - done

Comment if you like~