Teaser

Oppa

The van only ended up going a few more feet before stopping again, but by that point it was safe to say everyone outside of Kris was in tears. There was a heavy sense of panic in the air, and there was a common fear among them all - how long would it take someone to notice what had happened to them? And would they send help in time?

 

“O-oppa...” Tao said, his voice trembling. Xiumin looked down at him, then around at the others, and, for the first time, knew he needed to take charge of the situation somehow. It didn’t take him long to come up with a plan - he just wished he had a better one.

 

“Tao, I need you to do something for me..” He said softly, addressing the maknae directly. The little self-proclaimed kung fu panda nodded readily. “I’m going to undo your seat belt. You need to kick out the window.”

 

“Xiumin, that’s too much.” Kris said, but Tao was already nodding.

 

Xiumin wrapped one arm as tightly as he could around Tao’s waist and then hit the release on the seat belt. Tao let out a shaking breath, and together with Xiumin maneuvered himself so he had the right angle to get the power he needed behind his legs. He have a test kick to see how strong the window was before his lips and shifting his feet.

 

There was heavy silence floating in the air, and Tao broke it with a shout as he pushed his legs out, catching the side of the window and breaking the frame. The window cracked, but didn’t shatter, and it only took one push to pop it out of the frame. Xiumin his lips and pushed Tao up and out of the window, the car rocking just slightly as he found his balance on the side panels and called out desperately, trying to flag down passing cars higher up on the freeway through his heart-wrenching sobs.

 

“We’re too far down.” He managed to inform his bandmates, and Xiumin nodded slowly before looking into the back seat.

 

“Xiao Lu, come here. You’re going out next.” Xiumin instructed, and Luhan tried to protest but Kris unbuckled him and started maneuvering him toward Xiumin, despite the singers terrified protests. He clung to Xiumin with shaking fingers, even as Tao reached back inside and lifted Luhan out of the car. “Blanket.” Xiumin called out softly, tugging the cloth up from the seat and tossing it up, watching as Tao wrapped his ge in it.

 

“Who’s next?” Tao asked, looking worried as the sun started to fade behind the clouds. Xiumin quickly determined that Chen would be the next one, and he continued on until he had everyone, even Kris, out of the car, and Tao, Lay, Chen, and Luhan were even on solid ground, waiting as Xiumin hauled the manager through the window, hoping and praying he was just sleeping despite the way his eyes were wide open. Xiumin closed them before handing him off to Kris.


Once Kris was on the ground, setting the manager down, however, Xiumin found he had miscalculated the vans center of gravity, because with a loud screeching sound the car slid, then flipped three more times before coming to a halt in a riverbed, the broken window allowing water to flow in, but no room for Xiumin, who by this point had passed out, to escape.


 

I know it's short, but I'm lacking motivation for this fic and so I'm just going to call this a teaser chapter and be done with it for the time being. If you yell at me for the length, I will extremely rude back ^^ Just so you know~