Boredom

Oppa

Tao took his time waking up the next morning. He wasn’t sure why, but he was certain he had no reason to be awake. Still, though, he moved closer to the warmth beside him, trying to get as close to it as possible. It was soft, and it smelled of familiarity and comfort. He wanted to stay pressed up against it forever.

“Tao?” He heard someone calling his name, but he didn’t want to listen to it. “Zi Tao..”

“I’m sleeping.” He mumbled out, and the voice let out a laugh that sounded prettier than music to him.

“Alright.” The voice said, and soon enough it was joined by an arm going around his body.

He burrowed further into the warmth that seemed to surround him, not caring about anything else in that moment. There was something so familiar about the voice, the warmth, the smell invading his nose. He was certain it was the best thing in the world, and he let out a soft humming sound as he tried to piece it together. A blurry image came into his head, and slowly it came into focus.

“Oppa..” He  murmured, and he heard a soft laugh.

“I’m right here.” The voice said again, and Tao convinced his eyes to open. He blinked up at Xiumin, and the elder smiled. “Hey, sleepy head.”

“Hi.” Tao said, none of the teasing the others voice held could be found in his own.

“Are you ready for the interview?” He asked, and Tao pouted, shaking his head.

“I wanna keep sleeping.” He said, moving to cuddle back against Xiumin.

“But we’re going to Korea tonight, too.” Xiumin said. “Don’t you want to see Kai?”

“No.” Tao said, no hint of playfulness in his voice.

“What’s wrong?” Xiumin asked, and Tao shrugged.

“I just don’t wanna get up.” He said, his head still resting on Xiumin’s arm. The elder pressed his palm to Tao’s forehead.

“Are you feeling sick?” Xiumin asked.

“I don’t know. Maybe.” Tao said, sighing. “When is the interview?”

“In two hours.” Xiumin said, and Tao’s eyes widened dramatically.

“But...it’s an evening interview!” Tao said, and Xiumin nodded.

“I know. You were out cold.” Xiumin said, fluffing up Tao’s hair. “It took me 20 minutes just to get out from under you so I wouldn’t miss my schedule.”

“I was on top of you?” Tao asked, his cheeks starting to darken. Xiumin nodded.

“You moved on top of me in your sleep.” He said, not seeming bothered in the slightest. Tao groaned.

“I need to go take a shower.” He finally said, sounding a bit put out. “Can you make something to eat?”

“Of course. ” Xiumin said, sitting up.

Tao looked ready to roll off the bed and just keep rolling until he found the shower, but he was being realistic. That would take a lot more energy than just walking across the dorm. He pushed himself off the bed and stumbled over to the closet, barely paying attention as he pulled out his clothes - a black tank top and some grey skinny jeans. Xiumin came up behind him, reaching in and pulling out Tao’s stringy black sweater.

“It’s chilly.” He explained, and Tao looked grateful. He took the clothes, along with some more personal garments, and scurried off to the bathroom.

When he came out of the shower, fully cleaned, hair dried, Xiumin had set out a couple of plates of food. It was no secret that Xiumin had sticky fingers when it came to food, even when he wasn’t hungry, but since becoming close with Tao half of the food he grabbed went straight to the Kung Fu Panda.

Tao took a seat at the table beside Xiumin, his eyes puffy as always, and he dug in, not having realized how hungry he was until he smelled the food. Xiumin tilted his head to the side, looking Tao over quietly for a moment before his face flooded with realization.

“No accessories today?” He asked.

Tao shrugged. He wasn’t sure there were all that many accessories he could wear with the outfit he had on. Maybe just a necklace and some earrings, and his EXO ring he couldn’t stand to be seen without, but other than that he really wasn’t wearing an outfit that left room for his thick, spiky wrist bands or his finger-less gloves.

“Maybe.” He said, and Xiumin rolled his eyes.

“Are you bored?” Xiumin suddenly asked. Tao couldn’t help but smile.

“I am. Are you?” He asked.

“Yeah.” Xiumin said.

He grabbed the empty plate in front of the maknae and put it in the sink. A moment later he had Tao lifted into the air, and he began walking toward the living room with his arms full of the only EXO member who could kick his . He stuck out his tongue just before dropping Tao on the couch gracelessly, then climbing on top of him and settling all his weight on the maknae, his head on the younger’s chest as his arms wound around his back.

“Are you still bored?” Tao asked, and Xiumin shook his head. Tao laughed. “Me either.”

They lay like that for about half an hour, Tao’s fingers combing idly through the eldest’s hair until it had an almost windswept look to it. Xiumin’s phone started chiming in his pocket, however, and he sighed heavily. He pushed himself up from the maknae, pulling out the binging mobile and checking the time. He glanced over at Tao.

“Too bad you can’t actually freeze time.” He said, and Tao pouted.

“Is it time to go?” He asked, and Xiumin nodded. Tao sighed, reaching for the other’s hand to pull him up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: New chapter for you guys! Please continue to support this fic, but more importantly, EXO! :3