"Salt... there is a heavy amount of salt in your tears"

Broken Wings [{ Can't Fly }]

"Run, run , ruuuun!!!" Zico screamed with a big grin on his face. I didn't question anything but just followed his steps, his hand still around my wrist.

The rain was pouring down on us from the grey sky and made it hard for me to keep my view. It must have been some minutes before midnight if I was not wrong. We kept running till Zico spotted a tight gab between two apartaments. Zico grabbed my wrist even harder and pushed me with him into the gab. We were both out of  breath. We were standing so close that I could hear Zico's heartbeat close on my own chest that it made me tense a little and even though I thought about taking some steps back I just stayed right there on the spot. He looked down to me still grinning "Don't think I am afraid to fight back, I just don't want to get killed before I find out your name" he laughed. I was not able to say anything but also couldn't hold back a small smile forming on my face.

Then I ventured a look down the road. The huge bald men with black suits ran up the road to our direction. "They are coming!" I whispered to Zico with a shaky voice. Zico grabbed me and pushed me even deeper in the gab and put his finger on my mouth "Ssssh, don't make any noise"

My heart was beating like crazy up to my neck when I heard the hasty steps coming closer. It was like a reality check: I was in a ed up situation with a total stranger. If the men would find us, we would be dead, that was for sure. And what if this Zico guy was also one of these criminals? What if I was in a big trap? What if... totally lost in my thoughts I tried to calm myself down again. It will be all fine Jena, I kept saying, it will be over soon....

"How the hell did you lost them?!" One man yelled. I froze. They were so close.

"They can't be too far!!" I heard another one say. I tried to hold back my breath, one wrong move and we would be done.

They just stopped some meters away from us. I could hear them speak loudly but couldn't really understand what they were saying since I was nervous as hell. I could feel my palms getting clammy and the perspiration running down my back. I used to not really give a damn and just fight back in school at times but I never thought how it was out in the world to fight against real strong man. I never thought that real world would give me so much fear.

I blinked over to Zico that was looking for something on the ground with his eyes. I think he was looking for an object to fight them but there was absolute nothing around to use.

Then it happened! The men started to run to another direction and I could clearly feel the relief on my whole body that I gave a short noise from me and kneeled down. Then he hold my hand to pull me up. "Life is about going left and right. Right and left and sometimes you just have to run straight...... like this!" then we started to run again....

 

 

"Why the hell did you drag me with you?!" I screamed at Zico who was walking before me, eating an apple. Even though he was only carelessly walking I had almost to run to catch his steps. We were at an area of Seoul which I never seen before. We walked between small alleys filled with little bars and restaurants and the colorfull lamps were breaking the darkness of the night down with their brightness. Even at this late hour little kids were running up and down the streets and playing with their toys. Old men sitting before their shop, chatting and drinking tea. Trot music coming out of the small windows of the apartements. It was like I was at home, at home in an unfamiliar place. But I didn't let it go.

"YAH! Why did you take me here?! Talk to me....!!!"

Zico made an abrupt turn, which I didn't except, and our noses almost touched. "Well..." he said, took a bite of his apple "because... I can. Oh and if you, well, don't want to be here... then...go? But hey, I don't like easy girls anyway, so... don't think I am interested in you or something like this. Yeah?!"

Oh okay, this Zico guy was not as cool as I thought he was. He was totally annoying. arrogant and a douchebag. Did he just call me an easy girl?

"I am not an easy girl! You don't even know me!" I said. My arms crossed.

"You are... Look... I don't even have to do anything and you are naturally following me, aren't you?!" and he gave a laugh.

I didn't say anything. I looked around and catched a woman looking at us, grinning. She must have heard our conversation. Honestly, did everyone in this area had to grin like this? I rolled my eyes.

Then I just stoped. I didn't have to follow him. I could easly find my way back home. I looked around. I really had absolute no idea where in hell I was. Where was the train station? Maybe I could just ask some people to go back... but.... then I remembered. I couldn't go back home. I had told my mother that I will sleep at Mary's place. I sighed. I think loud enough that Zico heard me. He looked at me sideways. Slowly, I started to walk again, following his steps.

"Are you still following me?" he asked me. Now we were walking next to each other.

"No... I just remembered that I have....nowhere to go" I started to feel a violent stab of loneliness. My first boyfriend was a who slept with older women to earn money, my best friend Mary abandoned me to have fun, I couldn't go back home, I had absolute nobody. This was how I suddenly felt. All my coolness, all my freedom feelings were gone. I just felt empty. No matter how hard I tried to hold them back, warm tears started to fell down my cheeks.

Then Zico pushed me into a small restaurant. We sit down and ordered two bottle of Soju. I was drinking and at the same time crying like a little kid. To be honest, I didn't exactly know the real source of my tears. Maybe the fear to be left alone? Maybe the feeling of being worthless? Not loved? Maybe simply because I felt like an idiot that I cried before a stranger that I had to cry even harder?

Zico was leaning deep in his seat and playing with his rings. He looked around. Sighed. We didn't talk much. Then he came closer to me.

Zico looked deep into my eyes. He had that mysterious gaze that could hypnotize one right away, and his contact lense didn't make it easier to take your eyes away from him. His grin turned into a serious expression. He looked at me, he analyzed me. For a moment I thought he could see right through me. He touched my cheeks with his cold fingers, wiped away the tears from my eyes. Then his finger. "Salt... there is a heavy amount of salt in your tears" I looked up to him. This guy was seriously weird in his own way I thought still crying.

He leaned back "You know what?" he said, took a huge sip of his Soju, put it back on the table but still holding the bottle with one of his hand "Although it's just a small tear, it's the heaviest thing in the world... oh and it doesn't fix any ing thing about how ed up or hard a situation is. But you can go on, just cry. I won't tell you to stop or tell you that things will get better. Because nothing gets better just because of crying. You can cry as much and how long you want, you'll remain the same loser after you're done..."

 

I didn't know then if Zico's words meant to comfort me or hurt me even more. But every word he said, how he placed them next to each other, one by one, was chosen with so much care and yet spelled out in a messy way, I couldn't get it out of my mind for a long and maybe even an uncomfortable time. They were stuck in my brain like an illness.

 

NOTE: Omg sooooooo sorry that it took me THIS LONG to update!!! I was so busy. You know I am an artist and I have some "big" project going on... but this story means so much to me that I wanted to update so bad. I am not sure if I like this chapter but oh well..at least I updated lol. Hope you still like it. Pls comment and let me know what you think!!! <3