Chapter 7

Manage Me

Bom’s PoV

 

Did I do the right thing?

“Bom…”

I should have pushed him into accepting the offer.

“Bom…”

No no no... A man like him is not likely to be pushed around. Of course, I did the right thing. Didn’t I?

“Bommiee….”

“Huh?” I snapped back to reality; a reality where all eyes on me. I blinked hard a few times. It took me seconds to realize that I’m in the middle of our Monday meeting routine. I felt my left elbow was being tugged. I turned my head and there was Dara, my colleague and best friend. Then I remembered that my division was having a joint meeting with her Public Relation division. With all of our artists having comebacks this month, we need to work on their promotion schedule beforehand.

“Is there anything wrong, Bom?” Dara asked me with a concern look on her face.

“Why would be anything goes wrong?” I asked her back.

She leaned closer and whispered to my ear, “Well, clearly your mind is not here, Bomtaro. You were looking at the window, sighing, doodling on paper before you and then frowning as if you’re disapproving something. Suddenly, you are shaking your head and then crumpling that poor paper. Something must’ve been gone wrong if you’re distracted like this. ” Dara pointed to the paper on my hand.  

“Oh, it’s just...” I looked at everyone in the meeting room nervously. Then I looked at the crumpled paper, feeling a bit curious on what I’ve doodled, I opened it.

Kwon Ji Yong. Kwon Ji Yong. Kwon Ji Yong. Kwon Ji Yong. Kwon Ji Yong. Kwon Ji Yong. Kwon Ji Yong. Kwon Ji Yong. Kwon Ji Yong. Kwon Ji Yong. Kwon Ji Yong. Kwon Ji Yong. Kwon Ji Yong.

WHAT THE??

Sensing that Dara was peeking over my shoulder, I crumpled the damned paper again. 

“What is it? What is it?” she asked impatiently.

Feeling relieved that Dara didn’t see it, I acted calm and collected. “Uhm, nothing... just was channelling my inner artistic side. And it failed. Ha Ha.” I laughed and everyone’s laugh too.

Pheew...Nice save.

But Dara knew something’s up. I could feel she’s darting me a wondering look from the side, I chose to ignore it and continued, “I’m truly sorry that I didn’t pay attention before. Would you mind to repeat it?” I throw everyone my plead smile, hoping they would agree to it. I saw Dara rolled her eyes, and then grinned knowing the end result--- they did.

I kept my focus on track this time until we wrapped it up. Everyone’s started to leave the meeting room. I was just about to stand up but Dara held me back down to my seat.

“That was not an attempt on channelling your inner artistic side, Bom. What a BS. I knew it.” She searched into my eyes, trying to find something. I shrugged my shoulder, pretended not knowing what she was talking about. I stood up and walked to the door.

Dara followed me to the door and stopped me, “Na ah... You gave up on art long time ago. You’re not fooling me, Bomtaro. So, what is it? Tell me why did you look so distracted earlier?

“Nothing Dara...It’s just the usual I hate Monday thingy, you know, many things waiting to be done.” I assured her and continued to walk.

Dara kept pestering me with questions when we waited for the elevator. “Is it a guy problem? Nope, you are happily stuck with Eric-oppa.”

“Heey...We’re just...”

I was ready to give my usual answer but she cut me, “What? Am I wrong?” she asked nonchalantly.

“Tsk...” I ignored her question. She would give me a very long lecture if I said Eric-oppa and I were only friends--which was true! Apparently, according to my best friend, between man and woman, friendship was impossible. You’re either lovers or mere acquaintances.    

She smiled triumphantly and continued, “Or a work problem? Hmm, maybe...but you’re good at what you do. Actually, you’re too good. You’ll figure it out eventually.”

“Gee, thanks Dara! Yes, that’s what it is; a work problem! I’ll figure it out. Now, leave me alone weirdo.” I frowned, pretended to look annoyed.

“You’re welcome, Bomtaro.” She put her hands on my cheeks and started to pinch and pull them. “Smiileee!”

“Ugh, you’re impossible!” I pushed away her hands and tried to hold my laugh. I didn’t succeed.   

“I love you too.” She flashed me her cheeky smile.

Ding!

We stepped into the elevator giggling like teenagers. We’re in 2nd Floor at the moment, I pushed Dara’s floor button which was 6th Floor and then mine 4th Floor. When we calmed down, Dara was the first one to speak or ask, “So?”

Seriously, this girl’s persistence was unbelievable! She would make me told her about it, by hook or by crook. I’d better choose the easy way.  

“It’s about work. My last assignment before I...”

“Yeah...about that, are you really going?”

“We talked about it, Dara. My grandparents need me there. They could choose to abandon me here all alone when my parents died. But they didn’t. They raised and love me even though they had a falling-out with my parents.”

I sighed then said, “I really do hope you can understand me.”

“They can come over and live here.” she didn’t back down.

“Their whole life is in there; I can’t and won’t take that away from them, Dara.”

“But, you’re life is in here now...” she stood closer to me and put her one arm on my shoulder.

“Well, that’s...” I tried to find excuses to rebut, but couldn’t find any. Feeling tired all of sudden; I put my head on her shoulder. “I want to be there for them, Dara. They’re my family.”

“You’re so set in your way, Bomtaro. Nothing can change your mind if you’re already decided it. Take care of your family. But please remember that you had a family too here in YG. We’d love to taking care of you.” she patted my back, calming my nerves.

“Thanks, Dara. I really appreciate it.” She nodded. We kept hugging until the elevator reached 4th Floor. 

Ding!

“It’s my floor, see you later!”

I was about to step out of the elevator when Dara did a headlock on me “Not so fast, Bom. You’re coming with me to 6th Floor. You haven’t told me about your last assignment problem.” And just like that the elevator door closed before my eyes.

“AAAAA...! Dara the barbarian, let go at once!” her grip was not that strong. She’s just playing around. And I just humoured her by trying to wriggle away from her.

“Then you’ll tell me?” she asked me innocently. After I nodded vigorously, she let me go.

“God! With your body frame, no one would guess the brute strength in you!” I fixed my messed up hair.

“Not as strong as you, Bom the Hulk!” she then struck a Hulk pose which was so ridiculous with her petite body.  “You don’t want to make me angry!” she was banging her chest. Oh crazy Dara!

“Alright...Alright...My last assignment is Mr. Kwon Ji Yong. He’s the one who made me distracted at the meeting.”

“I bet you do, with that looks and body who wouldn’t get distracted?” she gave me her creepy smile.

“Not in that way, ! I was thinking of my strategy plan to make him accept YG’s partnership. He’s a hard-headed, hence the problem. ”

“Suuureee he’s haaarddd.... Is he really that hot in flesh?” Clearly, she was not paying attention to what I said. Her eyes went crazy when she looked at me.

“Hmm…” I tilted my head like I was thinking so hard.

“Don’t hmm me.” She was not buying my act.

“Yeah, he’s not bad.” I tried to say it in a flat tone and suppressed my sudden excitement remembering the last time I saw him.  

“He must be that hot to make the clearheaded Bom distracted.” Dara had the time of her life teasing me. She then asked, “You’re meeting him soon?”

“Maybe, if he changes his mind. I met him last Saturday; he rejected the offer without even giving me the chance to explain how we work at YG and our plan for him. I really don’t know, Dara. Don’t know what to do with this man. With his rejection, so far my plan is to invite him to our headquarter here. If he won’t hear it, at least he will see it for himself.” I didn’t realize I was blabbering.

Dara listened carefully and nodded her head. Suddenly she said, “Why don’t you seduce him?”

“What? That’s your best suggestion?” I shook my head.

“I’m joking. But, it’s worth to try. If you didn’t succeed on making him into YG, at least you had fun trying. It’s the mighty Kwon Ji Yong for God's sake!”

Ding!

“It’s your floor. Get out!” I pushed her out when the elevator door opened up.

“Just do it, Bomtaro!” she shouted at the hallway.

“Not listening.” I put my hands at my ears.

“You can do it!” Dara did an embarrassing cheering dance.

“You’re a crazy woman. Bye!” and the elevator door closed in.

On my way to my floor I kept thinking, “Seduce him?”

Naah...What a joke.

 

 

A/N Note: Sorry for the very late post...hope you enjoy it. tell me what you think, kindly drop some comment!

 

Happy 2014 everyone..

^_____^